What you did today

Tale

I got to talk to tarna this evening. It was a gift to hear your voice my friend! All is as well as it can be and hearing you complain about wanting stuff to happen is awesome ;)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

BTW: Has anyone heard form ~Di lately?

Surely ~Di is just off in Skyrim?

Also cheers for the Tarna update ;)

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

~Di hasnt been around for a while. Im curious to know what happened to taks. Daily prolific posters dont usually drop off the face of the earth unless something bad happened. :(

Not really, it happens a lot, especially changes in work environment can result in pretty abrupt cuts in forum activity.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, one easy way to ping them is to send them a PM. Granted, this is assuming they'll see the email notice and haven't reigsterd with some dummy email account they rarely check.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

~Di hasnt been around for a while. Im curious to know what happened to taks. Daily prolific posters dont usually drop off the face of the earth unless something bad happened. :(

Not really, it happens a lot, especially changes in work environment can result in pretty abrupt cuts in forum activity.

In most cases I would agree with that but this seems a bit unusual IMO. A "founding member" with over 2k posts hasnt once had the time to log in since Jan 2010?

Well, one easy way to ping them is to send them a PM. Granted, this is assuming they'll see the email notice and haven't reigsterd with some dummy email account they rarely check.

I tried that around 6 months ago and it came back undeliverable.

In most cases I would agree with that but this seems a bit unusual IMO. A "founding member" with over 2k posts hasnt once had the time to log in since Jan 2010?

I've had it happen on quite a few forums, and no, it's not because they've carried me out in tar and feathers. Still, echo what Malcador said about just PMing them :)

I mean, I only joined here when I'd become a grad student again. I strongly suspect I won't visit nearly as often if they have me working traditional BigLaw hours at the next place.

(2000 posts in, ~7 years is a lot? Do I have to slow down?) :)

Edited by Nepenthe

(2000 posts in, ~7 years is a lot? Do I have to slow down?) :(

Post counts only increment outside of the WoT forum. Include this forum and you could probably triple his post count. Also, you missed my stealth edit, I tried to email him through the link in his profile and it bounced back.

Post counts only increment outside of the WoT forum. Include this forum and you could probably triple his post count. Also, you missed my stealth edit, I tried to email him through the link in his profile and it bounced back.

Just as you misunderstood my self-deprecating humour.

Edited by Nepenthe

*insert waving of the e-peen here*

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Stayed up intil 4 am playing FONV. Very tired today, but it was worth it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

BTW: Has anyone heard form ~Di lately?

I have a feeling I inadvertantly offended her. I have a positive GENIUS for doing this to women. I should write a book.

For the record, ~Di. You're awesome. Post more often.

EDIT:

At another thing today, where a bunch of ostensibly important and clever people COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THE PRINCIPLE OF TURNING OFF YOUR PHONE. I'm trying to perfect a visible facial twitch so I can convey my irritation better. I'm also beginning to see a trend in this behaviour correlating with being a smug oily tick. Them, that is, not me.

FURTHER EMPHASIS:

I actually wrote one of the bastards out of the running for a project. Phone went off with some sort of choral symphony, and he let it go on for at least twenty seconds before turning it off, with an expression you'd normally reserve for watching a seagull defecate on an empty beach.

EVEN GREATER EMPHASIS:

Do you think I could get away with using one of those illegally powerful laser pointers to blind people, if I worked it into my talking and claimed it was an accident?

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

(2000 posts in, ~7 years is a lot? Do I have to slow down?) :p

*insert waving of the e-peen here*

Now you're getting banned from all Obsidian games. :D

EDIT:

At another thing today, where a bunch of ostensibly important and clever people COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THE PRINCIPLE OF TURNING OFF YOUR PHONE. I'm trying to perfect a visible facial twitch so I can convey my irritation better. I'm also beginning to see a trend in this behaviour correlating with being a smug oily tick. Them, that is, not me.

Just invest in a cell phone jammer. They come as cheap as $135 dollars and fit in your pocket.

EDIT:

Just invest in a cell phone jammer. They come as cheap as $135 dollars and fit in your pocket.

ROFL brilliant!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hm, proceeding along the day. Have a slight pressure headache in the background. Juggling the dogs and assorted chores looking after mom. Although it seems with the pressure changes from the weather its kicking off a chunk of her joint pains to add to the fun, so she's tending to hit her pain meds more and doze a touch.

Some poking at work. I keep having small "zone out" moments.

I should probably give some thought to lunch in a moment..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You always feel like you have inadvertently offended her, that's part of the experience. Not very nice to talk about people who aren't here to defend themselves, so yeah, I'm mostly kidding.

I probably did say something bad. I'm not saying she's mental. I just don't work well with fine sensibilities. Ironically.

-Elwood Blues

I probably did say something bad. I'm not saying she's mental. I just don't work well with fine sensibilities. Ironically.

The internet is not the place for those with feelings.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I learned a fun fact today, that doctors use one of either 2 songs to keep the correct "rythm" when doing CPR, as far as my friend knew only these 2 songs had the correct rythm.. "Staying Alive" and "Another one bites the dust" .. interesting coincidence..

Fortune favors the bald.