What you did today

Tale

Actually it's not so much the system, as it is the current people in power. My neighbor was actually at a Bachman lecture/rally thing today for a class where she said "Flat tax for everyone! And corporate tax breaks!" And that several programs currently on the fed level should be tossed to the state level (which is like giving your life savings to a drug addict)

...But that doesn't make sense. I mean, if the government doesn't give you more, they haven't taken something from you. They've simply not given something to you.

Anyhow, I don't want to get into a big argument with you, Super-Cal. I've always liked you even thought I think you're a reactionary bastard. :cant's wry grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Eh, reactionary? Somewhat yeah, but then everyone is to some degree or another. It's just that the general level of political polarization occuring within the USA's federal system is going to lead to a very bad(bullets flying, body count rising, everyone dyin... to know) end.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Pigs are naturally as cleanly an animal as any other. We are the ones who confined them to small spaces and exposed them to parasites by having them stand around in their own feces all day. I remember watching this film where they let 20 production pigs into a patch of wild and they all started making nests and rediscovering social behaviors they hadn't used for hundreds of years.

There is no particular point to all of this. Well, maybe that I wouldn't feel so terrible about having a pig in my living room.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Pigs are naturally as cleanly an animal as any other. We are the ones who confined them to small spaces and exposed them to parasites by having them stand around in their own feces all day. I remember watching this film where they let 20 production pigs into a patch of wild and they all started making nests and rediscovering social behaviors they hadn't used for hundreds of years.

There is no particular point to all of this. Well, maybe that I wouldn't feel so terrible about having a pig in my living room.

Ever since I read the Harry Harrison story about the special agent who employs a herd of pigs I've wanted a pig as a pet. If I ever retire to the country I'm totally owning pigs.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

yetch. All this pig talk. :thumbsup:

It's been rainy here. Slick roads. Low visibility. wet. Not enough hot coffee.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Quote for the day:

"If you identified with the kids from The Breakfast Club when it came out, you're now much closer to the age of Principal Vernon."

And to add further insult to the aged..

"Karate Kid's Ralph Macchio has turned 50 today."

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well I finally broke down and bought Fallout New Vegas. I had been holding out for a GOTY edition with all the DLCs but if there was going to be one we'd have heard about it by now. Besides, it's going for $14.99 at Walmart so what the heck.

It just finished loading so I'm going to drink a few beers and give it a look.

And by the way Obsidian guys... no more Steam games. Seriously. Steam is an intense burning pain in the *** and it sucks the joy from the whole experience. It's the only reason I never bought Shogun 2 TW. So, cut that crap out.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well I finally broke down and bought Fallout New Vegas. I had been holding out for a GOTY edition with all the DLCs but if there was going to be one we'd have heard about it by now. Besides, it's going for $14.99 at Walmart so what the heck.

The Ultimate Edition (or something) was announced recently, which is basically that except it's not called GOTY. It's coming in early Feb. 2012. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

One of the DLCs for Shogun 2, the unit pack, has never worked for me. The other expansion only loads 50% of the time. STEAM has admitted that the fault is with their DRM.

So yeah, I'm not a fan either. Having a large stash of games you can install from anywhere with an internet connection however has made my work day a lot more agreeable.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Been ultra-tired the whole week and it hasn't gotten better towards the weekend. Have an exam on tuesday (leadership & management again), that's really interesting but for which I've managed to study 30 pages in 6 days so far. Guess 2 weeks off wasn't enough, so I'll have to try to get another two off before I start at the new place.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The Ultimate Edition (or something) was announced recently, which is basically that except it's not called GOTY. It's coming in early Feb. 2012. :p

That figures.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Eh, had my sister throw a bit of a hissy because her car battery is flat and she's got a bunch of things to do. She has this habit of jumping on you as you step in the door , insisting you help because she has to be somewhere at x time, then if you help her, she just idles along then ends up leaving late anyway because she's juggling other things. So been trying to keep uninvolved in all that.

Killing my time on this grey and windy 5th of November afternoon poking around at various sci-fi rpgs, and constructing a history and galactic map - a little bit of mental exercise, throwing in the mix of hard science and space opera, tannhauser discontinuities for fixed "gate" jumps - each discontinuity linked to another, allowing two way travel between - different systems having a different number of said discontinuities - thereby forming colonisation patterns.

So different groups might be astronomically close and mixed up, but if they don't share the "gates", they'll never meet.

Heh, not sure why I got wrapped up in that.. something caught my mind on one small thing, and then it just..opened up as I poked at it and I've ended up producing that all half-sketched out with assorted notes to go with it..

Maybe I should worry that I ended up checking the astronomy of it all of star types, planetary conditions and wotnot to go with it...

Taxi came to get my dad at 6 am...when he asked for 6pm. I was already up, but the family sleep in usually, now they're all bitchy and cranky, pffft.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

New pets = constant trips to pet store as you try to figure out what food they'll decide is "acceptable." They own you, man, they own you. :D

These cats, I swear...didn't even like fresh roast beef out of the oven. They're weird.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wanted to enjoy my Saturday by doing nothing, but I figured I would go get some air filters for the air conditioner since we needed them. I have two observations. First of all, the stores are already playing Christmas music, which I think is insane in early November. Second of all, they're also selling some of the large Christmas house decorations and one of them was an outhouse that had a sign that said 'occupied.' Every now and then Santa pops out of the door and goes, "Ho Ho HO!" It's just wrong.

Obsidian Plays

Small fireworks celebration with friends.

Found out one of them had proposed to his gf. And made the local news doing so, or at least, BBC solent radio.

Apparently a proposal whilst dressed as a bear (for camouflage so she didn't see him coming) and with a 60+ choir scattered around the crowd outside the university library, waiting to burst into song, class as local interest...

Fio, any word from Tarna?

Thomas Sowell

Went to visit a micro brewery with a bunch of colleagues. They have this "brew your own beer" thing going, which was quite interesting. Got a few finished samples of other recipes (i.e. beers), while waiting for the various mixing stages of the batch. Quite fun watching it on such a small scale :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Heard Andy Rooney finally died. Never a big follower of him but his bits on 60 minutes, I think it was (?) were sometimes pretty funny...my parents loved him so it's kind of like I grew up with him thru them. Last time I saw one of his segments tho, I was like "Is that guy still alive? What is he, 200?" Cya, Andy.

Woke up early. Or late, if you consider DST. Take your pick. Played laser-pointer tag with cats. Noted to self that my big toe seems to have a minor infection. Thinking about doing some more PC shopping.

Getting ready for mass. Worship a little, have a little lunch, and thence to run a few errands.

Obsidian Plays

Sorry Guard Dog, no :? I am hoping all is well. If I have not had an update by early next week, I will likely reach out to him.

Fio, any word from Tarna?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

My son is teething, so he wakes up every hour or so and broadcasts his discomfort to the world. I'm really tired.

My dad used to rub bourbon on my gums when I was teething as a baby I heard. My mom was afraid it would make me a drunk. Oh.... wait...

:rolleyes: Serously I've heard that works.

Thomas Sowell