What are you playing now?

Gorth

Fallout New Vegas again. This time I have all of the DLCs and GRA installed.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Just started a second run of The Witcher 2... and man, they really nerfed the difficulty in the opening chapter. I kinda liked it when it kicked my ass constantly and actually required me to pay attention, but now it's just a "whack-through". Don't know how the rest of the game fares after all the patches, but it didn't quite start off with a bang like the first time.

Playing 'Broken Sword', but I am about to do the same... I just patched Witcher2 yesterday; Bad news it sounds like. I really enjoyed the difficulty level before ~even though I the menu, potion use, and lack of ISO camera were absurdly annoying and the combat was manual sword swings. :lol:

I had another impulse buy. Precursors at $15 from GamersGate. Looks interesting and ambitious. Only complaints I hear are lack of polish, bugs, and bad translation. Anyone have opinions to share while I download?

Yeah. I actually bought it from Ebay a year or so ago. It's an excellent game! It's a travesty that it was never released in the west with proper localization.

It's what I wished Mass Effect would have been. Big maps on different planets with lots of stuff to do. You can drive vehicles, solve side quests, combat very tough enemies, make moral choices, level up, etc, etc.

Then, when you have exhausted everything to do on one planet, you actually get in your spaceship and fly away! None of the cutscene BS, you actually fly your ship to another planet and continue your questing there. With space combat! Very ambitious game.

Because of the shonky translation, the dialogue and story isn't as good as one would have hoped. But still, I thought it was an excellent game.

Edit: Had to add this picture..

PreCur.jpg

Those Ukrainians sure know how to design an attractive DVD box..

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Broken Sword. So far is a pretty fun game, I rather enjoyed that cryptographic puzzle with the letters.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still playing FO:NV, still having loads of fun, even if still dying in spectacular ways every now and then. Besides the accidental deathclaw encounter, I got surprised by ambushes twice (

Outside the Brotherhood of Stool bunker

and

the dead investigator in the White Gloves Society

). Overcame the first after a few trials and whimped out on the latter, being woefully "underequipped" for the situation. I'll be back!

Bought Mysteries of Westgate from Gamersgate, so I foresee a return to NWN2 in a not so distant future.

I still have my NWN2 installed, but I start worrying about the online patching/update process. Are these files/install procedures available (legitimately) for offline installation?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I finally hit the titular city of Baldur's Gate. And am intimidated. They've got quests... in houses. I'm scared to break into houses! That never went well my first playthrough!

And gave The Precursors a test drive. There's almost no sound!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Why it took me so long to find Mount&Blade is beyond me (probly the clunky animations and graphics) but now i'm hooked.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Broken Sword. So far is a pretty fun game, I rather enjoyed that cryptographic puzzle with the letters.
The gate locks reminded me a lot of playing waaay too much Klotski. :lol:

Sharp dialogs too. :lol:

For what it's worth, those elements are what were added in the new Director's Cut. I've got mixed feeling about the changes - in terms of story and mechanics they do feel a little bolted-on and don't quite mesh - but the puzzles themselves are quite fine. It's just that the game doesn't quite start off with a bang anymore. Kind of cool that they managed to get Nico's original voice actor back though - random factoid: she was played by 4 different people in the four games.

But it'd be petty to complain too much about free stuff so I won't. :)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

For what it's worth, those elements are what were added in the new Director's Cut. I've got mixed feeling about the changes - in terms of story and mechanics they do feel a little bolted-on and don't quite mesh - but the puzzles themselves are quite fine. It's just that the game doesn't quite start off with a bang anymore. Kind of cool that they managed to get Nico's original voice actor back though - random factoid: she was played by 4 different people in the four games.

But it'd be petty to complain too much about free stuff so I won't. :)

Hm, I should have played the original before the Director's Cut I guess (it is included in the GOG offer).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sleeping Dragon Nico is best Nico.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Also apparently that goat puzzle was supposed to be brutal in the original, all the more reason to play it. :)

Still nothing was worse for me than the Dig's reactor repair.

I finally got to play Dead Island tonight with my cousin in co-op. We didn't get very far, but I really enjoyed it. Graphics are awesome! A little bit annoying that the weapons break so fast though. I went with Ms. Pantyless, and even though I put all my level up points in better stamina for my weapons, they still break after every two battles or so.

I still have my NWN2 installed, but I start worrying about the online patching/update process. Are these files/install procedures available (legitimately) for offline installation?

If memory serves, you should be able to right click somewhere in the update window (though not in the text window... IIRC) and there will be an option to "keep all patch files". I think it's disabled by default, but I think that's what you're looking for. The files will be in the {NWN2 install folder}/patch folder... or thereabouts.

Heh. Has been a while. Sorry I can't really recall the specifics, but I'm almost 100% certain the installer lets you save the patch files locally. Best I can think of, though, if you've already got your game fully patched is to poke around on the Neverwinter Vault (here, more specifically) to get the files you want.

Me, I'd be sorely tempted to reinstall the game and just check that box in the installer's context menu, rather than wade through the various iterations of patches on the Vault.

Best of luck finding what you want, though.

Edited by Magnum Opus

dark souls is getting good reviews, so i might be playing that soon. I like playing scary and tense games around Halloween/fall, it just feels right. i'll probably get around to finishing amnesia soon too.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I finally got to play Dead Island tonight with my cousin in co-op. We didn't get very far, but I really enjoyed it. Graphics are awesome! A little bit annoying that the weapons break so fast though. I went with Ms. Pantyless, and even though I put all my level up points in better stamina for my weapons, they still break after every two battles or so.

ehh...stamina is the blue bar, durability upgraded in the workbench. A good, cheap solution is to carry a bunch of other weapons for later use.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Best of luck finding what you want, though.

Thanks, will give it a try :)

Installed Mysteries of Westgate and just tried out the character creation and introduction. Looks like a nice enough game, but jeebus, the dialogue is awful (not the acting, just the writing). Like somebody trying to recite text written for a book, not the "stage" ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I should know better than talking to mini boomers. Where the heck do go and find Mr. Cuddles?!? >_

If somebody has some vague hints it would be welcome. Is it somewhere where you can reasonably expect to find it during your travels or is a million to one chance of finding him under a turned over tin plate in an abandoned shack somewhere?

I should know better than talking to mini boomers. Where the heck do go and find Mr. Cuddles?!? >_<

If somebody has some vague hints it would be welcome. Is it somewhere where you can reasonably expect to find it during your travels or is a million to one chance of finding him under a turned over tin plate in an abandoned shack somewhere?

The horrible thing is that I vaguely remember finding the toy in my first playthrough, but I never found a use for it. In my third playthrough I found the little girl.. but had completely forgotten where to find Mr. Cuddles!

I should know better than talking to mini boomers. Where the heck do go and find Mr. Cuddles?!? >_<

Hangar where Loyal and Jack are ?

Hangar where Loyal and Jack are ?

Hmm, I'll take a look next time I get there. Work is getting a bit in the way, so it probably wont be before the weekend. Just sent an appointment to myself. I hope nobody checks my calendar (Find Mr. Cuddles) >_