What are you playing now?

Gorth

Splitting my limited time between beta-testing the demo for Age of Decadence and playing some Dungeon Siege 3. In DS3, started up a new game as Reinhart on Hardcore, lots of fun. Really hope the DS3 DLC will be able to live up to the New Vegas DLCs in terms of content, hopefully it will meaty enough.

Speaking of which, will jump into the Lonesome Road when that comes out next week. Have a character in store for that, just over level 20. Since I'm not a huge fan of how you can utterly break the game with the increased level caps/high exp from the DLCs, downloaded a mod to adjust the XP gains a bit. Currently I'm keeping XP at 80% of the vanilla rate, this feels almost perfect for me. If I went through all the DLCs I would keep it even lower but I typically only do one or two on any particular playthrough.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I've actually started to really enjoy Dawn of War 2. I stopped using cover and I only attack move. Helps that my guys are all level 17 or so now. My Force Commander can take on the enemy armies by himself. My ranged guys will automatically move forward if they lose range.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Speaking of which, will jump into the Lonesome Road when that comes out next week. Have a character in store for that, just over level 20. Since I'm not a huge fan of how you can utterly break the game with the increased level caps/high exp from the DLCs, downloaded a mod to adjust the XP gains a bit. Currently I'm keeping XP at 80% of the vanilla rate, this feels almost perfect for me. If I went through all the DLCs I would keep it even lower but I typically only do one or two on any particular playthrough.

I've been using a similar mod. It doesn't affect the XP gains, but the thresholds for level-up are increased by a set percentage. Setting them at 130% of the default, I think, makes for effective pacing on a reasonably completionist character.

Edited by Enoch

Finished DX3, dallying with Witcher 2 again just to enjoy having all the graphics on Ultra. DS3 looked pretty cool with insane shadows, too, though I have to say that the textures really aren't very good on that one, and if Onyx has performance issues with that camera angle, those textures and that amount of enemies, that's a big question mark over the engine. Also need to check if Shogun 2 has had a cool overhaul mod come out yet... I sense that for 6 months or so I'll be a total graphics whore. Hey, first time in my life I'm ahead of the curve!

Maybe someone a bit more tech savy can confirm or deny... this article says that despite the huge 20+ gig install the 360 version of Rage will require the 360 version runs at 60 fps and looks better while the PS3 version will only run at 20-30 fps.

I'm grabbing the PC version either way but I find it interesting that the 360 version will perform so much better than the ps3 version.

edit: oops, intended this for the Random News thread. :lol:

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Still Darkstone a couple hours a day. Still rather fun re-living it again.

I'd like to play/try Two World II, but so far I haven't found a PC version in a retail outlet. I could do the Steam thing but as usual I'd rather not.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

ya guessed it,

Actually, when I saw you had posted in this thread, I did guess it. :lol:

...Few things in gamin' can still make this ol' Wemic smile, so 'til theys git it right again, PS:T be me poison o' choice... :(

...good ta see ya, by the by, lad... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Playing a bit of FO3 and FO3:NV. FO3 sort of went nicely for a while. I even enjoyed the DLC's. Then I ran into place called 'Little Lamplight' and all my positive thoughts about the game so far completely evaporated. I mean, seriously, even tossing a barrage of mini nukes at those little brats had no effect?!? :lol:

Ah well, I had reached the level cap anyway and probably seen most of what the game had to offer. I'll just drop it and focus on FO:NV instead. Is it just my imagination or do the critters there sometimes run for help? I could have sworn that the geckos and the canines run away if shot at, just to return with their extended families.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I even enjoyed the DLC's. Then I ran into place called 'Little Lamplight' and all my positive thoughts about the game so far completely evaporated. I mean, seriously, even tossing a barrage of mini nukes at those little brats had no effect?!? :lol:

Childkiller.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yeah Little Lamplight is agonising, the only other place I found anywhere near as annoying was Oasis, head north if you dare.

And so illogical : you have a place with only children that send adults in another town. Yet, they managed to have still children dozens of years after its creation. How ? No idea.

Yeah Little Lamplight is agonising, the only other place I found anywhere near as annoying was Oasis, head north if you dare.

And so illogical : you have a place with only children that send adults in another town. Yet, they managed to have still children dozens of years after its creation. How ? No idea.

Orphans from all over the Wasteland.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

must have been hard for those babies to sneak past the mutant black bears surrounding the little lamplight region.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Orphans from all over the Wasteland.

well, they're allowed to live until they hit 16.

I'll leave it at that.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

must have been hard for those babies to sneak past the mutant black bears surrounding the little lamplight region.

They took Animal Friend perk.

I always took that if my chr was high enough. Made the game a lot less annoying when I wasn't being gang-attacked by Yao Guai every ten meters from about level 12 on.

Probably though I'm the only player who ever actually spent a perk on that. lol.

(actually I spent two perks since I always took both levels of it).

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

just remembering little lamplight makes me so happy that New Vegas was as good as it was. FO3 is just...bad... by comparison.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Playing Arx Fatalis.

Just got in the crypt in Arx, which is my favorite place in the game. Got immediately stuck, took me ages to find out how to get to level 2 :rolleyes:

I don't mind the aggressive bears. I just mind them spawning every twenty feet. I particularly object to them doing so right in front of my eyes. I mean, if they're going to do that, at least animate them tunneling out of the ground or something!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nice weekend of work in EVE, hitting up a C3 in W-space. Waiting for my corp mate to wake up as he has all the POS parts and fuel, blah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guys, is Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga worth a damn? I don't know what to make of it.

Personaly, I would say yes.

Also, you can check the very good LP done by Tigranes :

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=56942

How'd I miss this? Thanks dude, I'll check it out. It seems a little fruity but I hear the expansion improved upon the game massively.

Edited by Tel Aviv