Deus Ex 3

Eventually, in the next gen, we'll see whores doing whorish stuff.

Go play Witcher 2.

Actually I rather hope they don't take it any further. Don't want to see Geralt redecorate the room with ejaculate.

Apparently you have never witnessed the horrors of the Bethesda modding community?

I would say that I kept expecting there to be some sidequest involving the slew of missing girls in Detroit. You overhear a couple of conversations relating to it, you see the Missing posters up around the hub, and you can hack into the computer of the cop who is handling the case... But I never actually found anything you could look into relating to it.

Background fluff, or potential DLC aspect? :o

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For the boss where your brain is scrambled, I just unloaded with a huge laser for awhile. He was still a pain though. I think I'm close to the end of the game.

See, I negated that entire thing and got him with the typhoon.

I can't believe everyone didn't see the

recall thing

a mile off.

You know, I saw it, but I decided to do it anyways. It still worked out, made for an interesting fight.

Same here actually. It was one of those things that I knew was going to come back and bite me in the ass later, but I still did it just to see what would happen.

Boss fight was trivial. I stunlocked the boss in his little corner with frag mines. Took about 4 or 5 before he went down for good.

For the boss where your brain is scrambled, I just unloaded with a huge laser for awhile. He was still a pain though. I think I'm close to the end of the game.

See, I negated that entire thing and got him with the typhoon.

I can't believe everyone didn't see the

recall thing

a mile off.

You know, I saw it, but I decided to do it anyways. It still worked out, made for an interesting fight.

Same here actually. It was one of those things that I knew was going to come back and bite me in the ass later, but I still did it just to see what would happen.

Boss fight was trivial. I stunlocked the boss in his little corner with frag mines. Took about 4 or 5 before he went down for good.

See, I think we are just used to doing stupid things in games to further the plot. It happens all the time in other games. Heck, it happens in the cut scenes in Deus Ex. Sure, my alarm bells went off when it was put in my quest log, but the shiny arrow was pointing at that LIMB clinic and I can't just ignore that.

Best moment in the game "playing the original DX song on the megaphone on Darrow's bedroom"

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Eventually, in the next gen, we'll see whores doing whorish stuff.

Go play Witcher 2.

Actually I rather hope they don't take it any further. Don't want to see Geralt redecorate the room with ejaculate.

The whores on the Witcher actually went with the ambient in a just right kind of way, no more no less.

Eidos went to extremes to set ambient to DX and it shows in the Detroit and Shanghai areas. But they lost me right after Shanghai, it starts to feel seriously underdeveloped and linear at that point with fewer events of note. It does show that they cut the game short.

Ironically, I get the feeling the ended up falling into the pit that is almost the exact opposite of what I was grumbling about with Witcher 2.

Witcher 2= not big enough on scale, but awesome depth and aesthetic that sticks to it's guns from top to bottom.

Deus Ex HR= Perfect sense of scale for what you're in, but the depth and aesthetic both took hits. One because of bad storytelling

(with the conspiracy feeling more like the standard "megacorp with evil business practices!" than the global conspiracy of ancients

, and the other because they didn't "follow through" with a lot of what was implicated in terms of the environments and the people (only one poor gal who haunts trashcans? really? and how can you have a double tiered city and not have the evil villains try to drop the upper half on the lower?)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

A simple Mod request: Something that replaces the yellow hue in the game. Preferaly darker blue, but green is acceptable as well.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

See, I think we are just used to doing stupid things in games to further the plot. It happens all the time in other games. Heck, it happens in the cut scenes in Deus Ex. Sure, my alarm bells went off when it was put in my quest log, but the shiny arrow was pointing at that LIMB clinic and I can't just ignore that.

The shiny arrow calls to you...

The quest log shows incomplete...

You want to get the replacement chip...

A simple Mod request: Something that replaces the yellow hue in the game. Preferaly darker blue, but green is acceptable as well.

There is one in production.

ctPah.png

Someone's gotta teach these guards how to patrol the perimeter.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Have you tried putting a big box on their path and trapping them in between 2? Funniest **** ever.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Have you tried putting a big box on their path and trapping them in between 2? Funniest **** ever.

I've seen two of them bump into each other on patrol. Will have to do the boxes trick. Heh, so far I've been cheesing the bosses with typhoon spam - I suppose I should feel munchkin-ey.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So far he's the only I one I've worked for, two EMPs, a frag mine then 10mm. It is a bit jarring, spending alot of your time avoiding people behind a block they can't see your hair over from 3 feet then have to go toe to toe with a wrecking machine.

There is one in production.

ctPah.png

Thank you!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So, after the enthusiastic first impressions, I've already started seeing people arguing that it's overhyped, not really enough Deus Ex-y, and clearly flawed. When will it start to suck, so that it goes down in price and I can buy it? :)

Trolls are everywhere. I suspect that anyone who claims this is not Deus Exy hasn't either played the original at all, or certainly not since 2005.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So, after the enthusiastic first impressions, I've already started seeing people arguing that it's overhyped, not really enough Deus Ex-y, and clearly flawed. When will it start to suck, so that it goes down in price and I can buy it? :)

Maybe in a year, I guess, maybe in December you can get it on a Steam sale though. Overhyped ? well, yes - as for being Deus Ex-y there is some discussion on that in the main forum about it just falling short of the original or being sort of a by the numbers recreation - I guess that's trolling.

Have you actually read their comments? Most are kinda gibberish...and even some who give actual "examples" of how DXHR is lesser than the original don't seem to notice these factors are existent in the original Deus Ex...such as ventilator crawling...some even claim that modded Deus Ex has much better graphic...there are some more but, read them by yourself if you don't value your time. I have no idea why they need to bother writing such "reviews"... Personally, I found people who write overall positively about the game tend to give keener criticisms.

I would have liked to have seen lock picking, melee and another city hub. That would have made it as good as the first one. Well apart from the fact that the plot wasn't as interesting, but plots are overrated anyway. It's how you get there.
Plot has its ups and downs. I, personally would like it better without cartoony villains and similarly cartoony conspiracy theory, which would have gotten rid of boss battles, too. Some factors felt mutually exclusive but I guess they needed to balance the content with mainstream standards. While some factors try to be taken seriously, some other factors won't allow the players to take them seriously.

Have you actually read their comments? Most are kinda gibberish...and even some who give actual "examples" of how DXHR is lesser than the original don't seem to notice these factors are existent in the original Deus Ex...such as ventilator crawling...some even claim that modded Deus Ex has much better graphic...there are some more but, read them by yourself if you don't value your time. I have no idea why they need to bother writing such "reviews"... Personally, I found people who write overall positively about the game tend to give keener criticisms.

I was mostly jokingly noticing how the contrarians have finally emerged.. whether they're right or not, I have no idea so far since I didn't get the chance to play the game (full or leak), and I won't for a while, but my boss and the guy who reviewed it for us had positive things to say and I generally tend to trust them.