RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

So EA is saying that Star Wars TOR is the fastest selling pre-ordered title in the companies history..

Looks like they're sitting happy for that end of 2011 launch.

And they're apparently planning on making it last..

While 19 fully explorable worlds will be available on the game's launch date, players will also be able to drop by the numerous minor worlds littered along the vast TOR galaxy. But if that's not enough to satiate your Star Wars appetite, the developers have stated that dozens of worlds will be added to the game during its lifespan. If the famed developer has its way, TOR will exist for decades. "In 2025, we?ll hopefully have 500 worlds," said BioWare's senior creative director James Ohlen. Add to that the full voice-over treatment given to every in-game character, it's no wonder that TOR's sky-high ambitions have made it EA's most expensive project to date.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

This thread is trying to make me reinstall Jag 2.

crud.

I hate it when that happens :p

I did that. And put the new 1.13 release on ... and nothing else. They put in the dumb Wildfire mercs but not Spooky :/ and i don't have the wish to play with settings and manually add anything just now.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Surely you are familiar with the concept of trolling? :p

Ice is black!!! Hitman is using Just For Men!!! Meltdown is a ginger!!! Game is ruined!!!

Hope they keep Ira's voice actor, at least!!!

I hear Steroid is now German (and/or Russian)!!!

I'm so glad it's real time, turn based was only used in the past because old computers suck!!!

Looks good for a Wii exclusive!!!

Kinect waggle action in JA, awesome!!!

One of those is serious.

She. Is. Driven

I'm not buying the game because the character portraits are hot.

And Lexx never implied that his eventual purchase rested on that feature, either, so why the hell are you even saying that in the first place?

Surely you are familiar with the concept of trolling? :p

Slowtrain isn't trolling, he is genuinely unable to interpret comments concerning graphics as anything other than a claim that graphics are the most important and only thing that matters.

He also has three nipples.

I'm not buying the game because the character portraits are hot.

And Lexx never implied that his eventual purchase rested on that feature, either, so why the hell are you even saying that in the first place?

Surely you are familiar with the concept of trolling? :ermm:

Slowtrain isn't trolling, he is genuinely unable to interpret comments concerning graphics as anything other than a claim that graphics are the most important and only thing that matters.

He also has three nipples.

Ah, social awkwardness on a gaming forum. Unfathomable! :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I wonder how that'll affect people that already own a copy through Steam that wants to redownload the game or patch it, does anyone here know?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

And that means that patching will continue normally aswell then?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

what patching? :* Bioware is done with DA2, aren't they? anyway, what happens with future DLCs in such case?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

what patching? :* Bioware is done with DA2, aren't they? anyway, what happens with future DLCs in such case?

Notsureifserious.

Considering they are (still) slow-tracking a patch for DAO, I think that another DA2 patch is more than likely - of course, I'm not aware with any known issues, so they might not.

They aren't distributing the DLC via steam (or if they are, it's news to me), so unless it requires a new patch, it wouldn't require anything on steam's part.

At any rate, I wouldn't describe a game that had (IMO more than pretty decent) DLC released for it yesterday as being "done".

well, the games that I play, Steam versions are incompatible with any other content for this game, procured anywhere else. so I figured it could be the same for any game on Steam. I had no idea DLCs weren't distributed through Steam.

god, I hate Steam

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Heh, if yes, that would only be America's Army 3 then, the rest is Steam stuff anyway (Source engine games). :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's up to the publisher how the DLC is distributed, in this case EA is trying to play hardball with Steam and prop up their own Origin(and GFWL apparently). Steam does support DLC if the publishers choose to use it.

AFAIK, it's a lot less about playing hardball with Steam, and more about not wanting to share the pie with them. At least all the Bio PC DLC sales run through their website and the BioBucks (which they, unlike MS, happily sell in packages that correspond to normal DLC prices - otherwise even a cast-iron fanboy like me would stat bitching), I don't know about other EA dlc.

Semi-related, I've been running the current Origin since they gave me (and everybody else with PS3 DAO CE) PC DAO for free. (and I had a point here, which I promptly forgot about. Maybe that I've been quite happy with it, probably due to the way I was introduced to it). ;)

Edited by Nepenthe

Heh, if yes, that would only be America's Army 3 then

I didn't mean games that I own on Steam, I meant games that I own, that can be bought through Steam. like I said I hate Steam and I only use it to play games that were gifts or that require Steam to run at all.

Walsingham said:

i love steam, the sales are out of this world.

i don't buy actual expensive games on steam though, unless required to, because i like owning the actual discs. but if im paying $3-6 for a game, i dont mind if its digital, cause honestly thats about the price of a rental, so if steam ever pissed me off enough i could just ditch my collection of digital cheapies without much concern.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.