What are you playing now?

Receiving peer pressure to try Terraria, is this game any good in any of your estimations ?

Yes. At first it may make you feel a bit stupid, but if you stick to it, it's very addictive.

Also, I recommend getting driblets of info from a wiki or something because you may end up not knowing what to do at certain times: http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Terraria_Wiki

A huuuge tip (that I managed to miss for the first 20 hours or so) is to use the crafting hints you can get from talking to the guide. There's a small slot in his dialogue where you can put different material and see the recipes connected to that material. It helps immensely. Much better than to fill your inventory with random material and run between the different crafting stations and hope for pure luck :lol:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hm..seems interesting. Will wait for a Steam sale then.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Forum ate it when I replied earlier.

SPAZ. Space Pirates and Zombies. A nice little 2D space combat game. It's actually pretty fantastic so far.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Started another FNV game. This time I'll be a lackey for the NCR since I haven't sided with them at the end game. I was going to in the last game but my character went crazy and killed a bunch of NCR soldiers. I think it had to do with them constantly wishing for a nuclear winter in the Mojave.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

After 1.5 years of being clean... my "mates" bought me World of Warcraft Cataclysm and a two month gamecard. :<

Like buying three months worth of heroin to a former addict. I'm loving it. :p'

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I will never understand you WoW people. Come 20 days I was already sick of the repetitive grindy nature of the gameplay,, and no amount of pretty environments, loot or level advancement could fix that. Its like I was working 80% of the time and having fun the other 20%.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

'Tis not that bad with the grinding actually, I'm pvp'ing and doing instances mostly, wich helps considering you've got 4 others to banter with.

For me it's less about the loot and gameplay, more about the people.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

But in WoW, the people suck. I really liked 'vanilla' WoW though, the later expansions just seemed to make things worse or less fun for me, for some reason.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

But in WoW, the people suck. I really liked 'vanilla' WoW though, the later expansions just seemed to make things worse or less fun for me, for some reason.

Yeah, I really enjoyed vanilla wow, especially the PvP there. The people are'nt so bad if you're playing with your RL friends though. ;)

And the guildies so far are quite nice actually. As usual though PuG's are swing and miss. Really don't like pugging. :p

After 1.5 years of being clean... my "mates" bought me World of Warcraft Cataclysm and a two month gamecard. :<

Like buying three months worth of heroin to a former addict. I'm loving it. :p'

mrburns_excellent1.JPG

xD

There are a few million people playing the game, so I'm sure there are a few people you might like. Of course you'd have to wade through a sea of losers to find them ;)

I have a couple groups of friends that play different MMO's and I usually stick with playing with them. Every once in awhile I'll meet someone new, but for the most part I avoid general chat and the like.

There are a few million people playing the game, so I'm sure there are a few people you might like. Of course you'd have to wade through a sea of losers to find them ;)

I have a couple groups of friends that play different MMO's and I usually stick with playing with them. Every once in awhile I'll meet someone new, but for the most part I avoid general chat and the like.

Actually right now Blizz is staring down the barrel of constantly dropping subscription numbers.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There are a few million people playing the game, so I'm sure there are a few people you might like. Of course you'd have to wade through a sea of losers to find them :)

Actually right now Blizz is staring down the barrel of constantly dropping subscription numbers.

They dropped from 12 million to 11.1 million, and since that last data was registered Cataclysm was released in China. I'd say it shouldn't be underestimated, but not blown out of proportions either. WoW still is THE MMO.

I'm not saying they're just going to up and fall. But they are shedding subscribers, compared to previously where they just kept getting more and more subscriptions (however the question is how they count subscriptions).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'd say WoW still has at least another 5 years of relevancy left. Heck, there is still a community for Ultima Online, so it's not like big MMO's just disappear.

I'd say you are probably right.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

currently playing:

final fantasy 7 for the 300th time

chrono cross for the 10th time

eagerly awaiting deus ex HR

might buy bastion tomorrow

after i play deus ex HR 4-5 times i'm considering finally getting around to playing shadow hearts: covenant

all that should hopefully keep me busy till skyrim, which, once released, i imagine between playing and modding will keep me busy for a good 3-6 months

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Was it EA or Bioware that gave the report that based on current trending and the amount of pre-orders, they're expecting to be selling between 2-3 million copies of SW:TOR within the first year?

Now I'm going to have to chase down the niggle that has on my mind..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I don't think they quite nailed the PC controls for Bastion. WASD operates as you'd expect, W is up, D is right. The problem is that the maps are angled and not quite 45 degrees. So you can't follow a path without juggling W and D. Maybe it's the best they could do, but I had to switch to a gamepad. Otherwise it's fun.

i'm definitely planning on playing bastion with a gamepad. it seems like it was designed for it.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

So, I may be giving up on Space Pirates and Zombies. There's a mission where you have to defend your mothership. It is ridiculously hard. You have a large ship and two smalls, versus a gigantic, 3 smalls, and a couple of mediums that come from a different direction.

Also, the mothership will die in two shots from the gigantic.