What are you playing now?

In case it went over anyone's head, I was actually conducting what some might call a clever ruse in the DS3 forum. If I had to choose between Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and Space Siege I would play Brotherhood of Steel, twice.

EDIT: Hope you'll enjoy PoP 2008, that's actually pretty cool.

Edited by Purkake

Thought I'd give Vampire Bloodlines a quick twirl again, updating with the latest "unofficial" patch and all..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Beyond Good & Evil HD

Tried playing Two Worlds II. Magic is terribly boring. Might get back to it.

Tried playing E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. Enemies are too strong and spot the player too easily. But I'll see if I can adapt when I try next.

Also tried the No More Heroes demo for PS3. And I will be taking that game off my wishlist.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I wouldn't call it boring. You can actually create pretty much any spell you want in TW2, and completely crazy spell combinations at that, but I was never patient enough to collect all the necessary cards.

As far as action RPGs go, I can't think of any game that did it better, it's miles ahead of Gothic series/Risen and even the Elder Scrolls series (except for Morrowind).

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I wouldn't call it boring. You can actually create pretty much any spell you want in TW2, and completely crazy spell combinations at that, but I was never patient enough to collect all the necessary cards.

As far as action RPGs go, I can't think of any game that did it better, it's miles ahead of Gothic series/Risen and even the Elder Scrolls series (except for Morrowind).

It's boring in pretty much all of those eastern european developed RPGs. It may get better later, but in that 3-5 hour range where I have to decide if it's worth playing, it's just slowly casting missiles.

For action RPGs that do it better, try Torchlight. And Reinhardt in DS3 is tons more fun than this, too.

I finished playing the DA2 DLC, and am now finding it a struggle to finish the rest of my DA2 play through. The only reason I even began a new play through was to level up high enough to try the DLC. I'm also kind of pissed that the Fenris sidequest didn't kick in, even though I'm high on the friendship meter with him. I'm a completionist, especially on later play throughs, so not being able to finish Fenris' personal quest has soured me on this current play through.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I decided I wanted to play a Fantasy game with fun magic. So, either replay Dragon Age 2 or give King's Bounty: The Legend another try.

Fireball at level 1. Eat that Two Worlds II.

On the desktop: Arkham Asylum. I'm pretty terrible at the combat, but thus far I've been just good enough to keep the plot and the exploration going, which pretty consistently entertaining. (I finish pretty much every fight at about 10% health-- even the ones with crowds of unarmed mooks.)

On the near-netbook: Crayon Physics Deluxe. I love this game, but I'm trying to save most of it for a flight I have to take to the west coast and back next week.

Arkham Asylum is one of the games on my "to play" list. It's pretty cheap now, too. But I've just not gotten around to buying it yet. My fear is I'll like it so much I'll end up buying Arkham City on release date at full price, instead of holding off until both are dirt cheap. :lol:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Arkham Asylum is one of the games on my "to play" list. It's pretty cheap now, too. But I've just not gotten around to buying it yet. My fear is I'll like it so much I'll end up buying Arkham City on release date at full price, instead of holding off until both are dirt cheap. :lol:

I got it in the Steam sale a few weeks ago for $7.50. A friend with pretty similar gaming tastes (he's actually the DM of the bi-weekly PnP session I attend) had recommended it to me, so I pounced when I saw it at that price point. The exploration, puzzles, and lurking in the shadows to take out opponents one by one (and watching them freak out as more and more of their friends disappear) are all quite satisfying. The brawling and the boss fights have been what gives me trouble. But the game gives you plenty of tips as you go so that you never feel frustrated. Some would probably say that the constant tips popping up to tell the player what they should be doing ("Press Q for a Quick Batarang throw to stun Bane as he charges") are annoying and demeaning, but as someone who doesn't get much satisfaction out of developing and using muscle-memory reflexes for games that I play, I appreciate it.

Finishied V:TM-Bloodlines today.

Mixing up Yakuza 3 and inFAMOUS 2 now. Completed half of the chapters in Yakuza 3 but not doing many side quests. Mostly been collecting blast shards in inFAMOUS 2. Having lots of fun with both games. Only 34 more games in the backlog. Yay...

What ending did you get?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What ending did you get?

I stuck with the prince for this playthrough. Thought the outcome was hilarious and unexpected.

Will do another playthrough next summer(too many games right now).

Absolutely loved it despite the horrible combat and those 3 horrible minutes running around like a crazy madman. Wanted to break something at that point.

What ending did you get?

I stuck with the prince for this playthrough. Thought the outcome was hilarious and unexpected.

Absolutely loved it despite the horrible combat and those 3 horrible minutes running around like a crazy madman. Wanted to break something at that point.

Good man :lol:

There are 3 rather distinct endings... might be more, but I only remember 3 (siding with Kuei Jin, The Prince and the Camarilla). I think there might also be a "side with yourself" option.

You *can* kill the werewolf.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If you do, I highly highly recommend then playing a Malkavian. They are Bat S*** crazy and insane, but they can see things. If you pay very close attention to all the lines your character says (having already played once) it's quite brilliant. Who ever wrote that at Troika did a fantastic job.

And don't forget to say hi to the Stop Sign. :)

About the endings of Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines,

There are 3 rather distinct endings... might be more, but I only remember 3 (siding with Kuei Jin, The Prince and the Camarilla). I think there might also be a "side with yourself" option.

You only missed Anarchs, which makes the number 5 in total.
I got it in the Steam sale a few weeks ago for $7.50.
Yea...some games are quite cheap when on sale. In fact, due to Steam sales, I have too many games to play atm... With the exception of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I won't buy a game except bargain sales this year. In fact, I most likely will not be able to finish Assassin's Creed series before the release of DXHR.

AC series reminds me of sword action adventure movies such as ones based on The Three Musketeers: Being involved in political plotting, climbing towers, jumping from a rooftop to another, running through crowds, going through secret tunnels, eavesdropping, and, of course, sword-fighting. It has very familiar feel. I'm definitely not the first person to say this but, simply, don't expect stealth aspect although it can play an important role in some parts.

Dungeon Siege III has finally been unlocked in Japan. Unfortunately, this happened when I was in the middle of final exams, but now that I'm finished I have time to play games (until I go out of town for the summer vacation, that is). Long story short, I've put a couple of hours into it and I'm really enjoying it. I wasn't a big fan of the Dungeon Siege series, but I'm enjoying both the story as well as the combat system in this one.

I've also been playing a bit of Cthulhu Saves the World. It's an interesting take on the Lovecraft horror, to say the least. Totally worth the money I spent on it (and Breath of Death VII: The Beginning).

I've also been playing a bit of Cthulhu Saves the World. It's an interesting take on the Lovecraft horror, to say the least. Totally worth the money I spent on it (and Breath of Death VII: The Beginning).

Well considering its low low price!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I finished playing the DA2 DLC, and am now finding it a struggle to finish the rest of my DA2 play through. The only reason I even began a new play through was to level up high enough to try the DLC. I'm also kind of pissed that the Fenris sidequest didn't kick in, even though I'm high on the friendship meter with him. I'm a completionist, especially on later play throughs, so not being able to finish Fenris' personal quest has soured me on this current play through.

... You basically just have to travel to the outworld with him in your party in the 2nd act. Are you already in the third?

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

HoM&M 3. Very fun, although I'm crippling myself and trying to get needless amounts of force before doing anything. Finally got back into EVE, became the FC for a mining op after I got my CS back, just hi-sec/W-space mining for now, alliance does have null-sec but am still paranoid :) So less ISK overall, but still pretty fun

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra