What are you playing now?

Tried Two Worlds 2. Very underwhelmed. I'm growing very sick of the FPP/OTS one-person real-time combat in RPGs, in nearly all of them it's just (a) really easy, (b) really repetitive and in the end is just mediocre, never exciting. TW2 seems to have all the bells and whistles and some promising areas, but really, there's not enough for me to stand the boring combat and cumbersome PC movement.

So, Two Worlds is pretty fun when you're cheating like crazy. I keep giving myself tons of XP and gold whenever the fights get too ridiculous. Now if only I could find trainers for skills I need.

Also played a bit of Limbo. Can't play that for any stretch because the atmosphere is threatening to drag me into despair and madness.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Arma II still. AI is worse than OA at driving, but at least they understand the terrain better than OFPDR, heh. Finally making a decent siege of Cherno though, w00t. Also plugging on in Tropico 3, is odd but seems really really easy.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Tried Two Worlds 2. Very underwhelmed. I'm growing very sick of the FPP/OTS one-person real-time combat in RPGs, in nearly all of them it's just (a) really easy, (b) really repetitive and in the end is just mediocre, never exciting. TW2 seems to have all the bells and whistles and some promising areas, but really, there's not enough for me to stand the boring combat and cumbersome PC movement.
I could not have said it better, that's exactly how I felt when I played TW2.

Space Station 13 - it's hilarious. Ugly indie game, where every player assumes a role (from AI to lowly assistant) and then try to fulfil their jobs to the best of their abilities. Of course with all the grievers and idiots this game usually goes completely insane within minutes. Couple that with space wizards and murderous mimes and you got yourself a really wacky game.

I was playing an assistant and was trying to repair some wires (i.e sabotage the station) when I was electrocuted - lucky for me a guy comes by, wakes me up.. and then steals my shoes. Then suddenly the AI goes rouge and murder and mayhem entails.

Fortune favors the bald.

This is about how I felt about Two Worlds 2.

Though I did enjoy the first map/area, but after that it got boring pretty fast.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Started playing DS3. Playing the mage, currently only level two and getting my blood punched out by Vera (?) the swamp witch. On casual. :p

I had the exact same experience. If she's too tough, you can get Lucas in coop and then when you exit coop you still have him as an AI companion. After I bought him some equipment he pretty much killed her all by himself. Edit:

Also you can block and heal, no one will hit you if you're blocking

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Also, while dodging is the best overall way to avoid damage in DS3, when there's ranged missiles going on (which I believe there is in the Vera fight if I remember correctly) standing still and simply blocking them can be a huge help if you can't time your dodges.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Guest Slinky

Started casually playing Diablo 2 after who knows how many years.

Otherwise having fun, but the mercenary keeps getting stuck. Not just on walls, sometimes it just powers off without any clear reason and it won't teleport to me if I move further from it. Using a portal to town unlocks it, but if it does it about once every 30 minutes..

Meh. Maybe I should finally try Alpha Protocol instead.

Playing Morrowind GOTY unmodded as a Dunmer assassin.

I couldn't get into it my first time through (didn't make it past the starting town) but coming back to it now, I admit that I'm hooked. I'm heading towards Vivec and find myself far more enthralled in this game than Oblivion. I really hope Skyrim is more like the former and less like the latter.

Picked up a game of Eschelon Book 1 that I hadn't played in two years. It's on my laptop, which I really only game with on trips. Pretty fun, actually, I'm up to level 7 and finally able to get a few quests done without running like a girl from everything.

Started casually playing Diablo 2 after who knows how many years.

Otherwise having fun, but the mercenary keeps getting stuck. Not just on walls, sometimes it just powers off without any clear reason and it won't teleport to me if I move further from it. Using a portal to town unlocks it, but if it does it about once every 30 minutes..

Meh. Maybe I should finally try Alpha Protocol instead.

That sucks. Never had that problem myself though.

Still playing Stronghold Crusader. I really like the game, it doesn't have the hectic pace of RTS games and the whole castle building is a lot of fun.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

It's been a several months since I've managed to finish a game. I currently have 5 games that I can think of on the go right now. Baldur's Gate, Duke Nukem Forever, Frozen Synapse, Icewind Dale and I just started a run of Command and Conquer 3. I relly should finish some of these before I start new ones.

I bought Terraria from Steam because someone recommended it. I built an ugly house, killed some.. puddles of slime (?) and quit.

Why did you recommend this to meeee?! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I bought Terraria from Steam because someone recommended it. I built an ugly house, killed some.. puddles of slime (?) and quit.

Why did you recommend this to meeee?! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Because people don't think about other peoples taste when recommending games to them.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

HoMM3, pretty fun game - remember wasting so much time on the demo I got from PCG back in the day, heh. Shame I'm terrible at it though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra