RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

PlayStation 4 comes out in 2012?

Unlikely, but not impossible. Sony, Toshiba and IBM developed the Cell processor and spent $400 million on that. So why not use an improved unit of the Cell and use 8-16 of those as Multi-RALU? You got a winner.

Unlikely, but not impossible. It would also spoil everything that Nintendo planned with it's (already outdated) Wii U. The drama should provide some fun.

It's fake.

PS: At least the PS4 part is fake.

Edited by greylord

Link?

Common sense.

Look at all of Sony's releases over the past decade...also look at where Sony would do the manufactoring...

Like...NOT TAIWAN for something like that....just for starters....

If it doesn't walk like a cat, act like a cat, sound like a cat, or look like a cat and seems more like a dog...

I'd put money it isn't a cat.

Link?

Common sense.

Look at all of Sony's releases over the past decade...also look at where Sony would do the manufactoring...

Like...NOT TAIWAN for something like that....just for starters....

If it doesn't walk like a cat, act like a cat, sound like a cat, or look like a cat and seems more like a dog...

I'd put money it isn't a cat.

Well, for one nobody's saying it's going to be manufactured in Taiwan (though Foxconn, I Taiwanese company with factories in mainland China could well be involved), the sources are Taiwanese component manufacturers.

The source has no credibility, but let's try to keep the facts straight... :sorcerer:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

F2P, I guess ? Never did play the first one, I imagine trying organized FPS play in a MMO setting must have been frustrating, heh.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So vehicle griefing and lots of TK'ing when able ? Speaking of Tribes, they're making another game, no ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

F2P, I guess ? Never did play the first one, I imagine trying organized FPS play in a MMO setting must have been frustrating, heh.

Frustrating when the servers were throwing fits, glorious at all others.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Not really vehicle griefing. You just get in a queue to get a vehicle, then wait. If you TK, you get weapon locked. The majority played to win and obeyed commands from the higher ranks.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Feh, I still play the original. Sure it's mostly the same 40 people playing at an insane skill level, but pretty fun. :lol:

Russian Oblivion supermod looks awesome. Awesomer than Skyrim. What the heck is this? It's awesome.

Probably they know the professional industry trick of Trailers That Look Way Too Good, but still.

Russian Oblivion supermod looks awesome. Awesomer than Skyrim. What the heck is this? It's awesome.

Probably they know the professional industry trick of Trailers That Look Way Too Good, but still.

The looks are all thanks to other mods they didn't work on, though, just to be clear on the subject. And Oblivion runs pretty poorly with all that stuff.

Russian vo work is great for games.

I'd play all my games in Russian if I could.

But, yeah, that looks like it might be good. Hard to tell from that trailer though really, which was 75% quick environment shots.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Why this shows up now? The trailer is old already and was even posted on the Bethblog a few months(?) ago.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Aren't the models new or is that just converted?

Guess the problem with that Morrowind to Oblivion thingy was the story and npc and text and whatelse that they would have taken over.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."