Some updates re: feedback

I haven't tried co-op much myself, but based on official info, (1) the character is saved as long as the game is saved, yes. (2) another person could come in your stead and play your character. This can be both a good thing ('hotseat' MP) and a bad thing (you didn't want someone else messing).

Not sure what you mean by not being able to pick a class, as far as I know you pick who you play when you join?

Every time you host a new game, that is a new campaign and a new save file (just like how it would work in single player). Each game has its own characters.

why cant/didnt they make it so you could just pull in a charater online meaning (drop in/out co-op) even if it was a new quest why couldnt they let them just join with there character

ok after that i just have one clarification pretty much what your saying is if i play online and im the host i will start a new character and my friend gets on and plays with me that character is also saves its just on my game so someone else has to join my to be able to keep playing on that save file

So pretty much if i play the game every time with my friend that will be "his character" (im talking about the ps3 version) pretty much the only this you cant pull that character off of that game and use him on another game.....if that is the way thats dumb....really really dumb its better then what i was thinking but still dumb

just make it so the character saves id rather have to play through my campaign and have a friend join and then though he isnt getting through the story line persay he brings his character with him and gain xp and loot from him and then can go back to his single player to continue his story line if he so chooses

its sad that a $10 downloadable game can make this work better then a standing IP thats disc based thats $60....really really sad

i am wondering if anyone know an ETA on the patch other then SOON??

Eventually. When adding in a new feature to a game you have to do a ton of testing to make sure it doesn't break the game. It may sound strange but at times a "simple fix" could break game physics somehow or corrupt your save if you use a particular button over the "preferred" button (Then you also have to test keyboards with macros, special characters and possibly kitten holders).

If it helps, there is a good chance the guy who thought it the keybindings thing needed got (And could still be getting) a good lashing from the proverbial Cat o' Nine. A very good lashing.

I really like the game for first 3 days solo play and can not stop until last night finished the single mode.

I had recommend 2 more friends to buy them together today then play online together.

A very big disappointment once i start the multi player mode.

The co-op part is the worst i had experience, the character you play to gear up and level up only can play again in the same saved. ....... So what it mean is, the character is only can play up to the final boss beaten and you will not able to play this char again somewhere else.

if you are not host. You are joining someone unknown character, unknown gear, unknown skill point. It can be all blank which happen to me when i choose a level 20 game and found one the character never been play at all in the saved.

After a bad experience, i have host a new game with 2 friend together. Another disappointment found after a friend had died on a boss fight. 2 of us can not run out because of the corpse still screen show on the top right corner of the screen. The co op are sharing the screen....... , i don't think it is a good idea when you have up to 3-4 players play and sharing on 1 same screen......

So these 2 are the majors point make the game lost all the fun on it co op mode. So far i do not want to touch the multi player part now and only do some single game play and i am done of this game until some update come.

Edited by dalamii

The camera is absolutely terrible on Xbox360 in Multiplayer.

I gave up and have just been playing single-player. I really like the game, but the multi-player is really broken for me. I've only had 1 person join my game and it was bad, I don't even want to imagine what its like with 2 or 3 more.

No other game of this type makes you share a screen. To make this choice seems to be a conscious choice to make the game obviously inferior to other multi-player games.

The MP camera isn't completely horrible. It's not the best but it still works with all 4 people on the screen. I'd like it changed, but i'd rather the loot/character import issue be changed instead if I had to choose.

Those are my 2 issues with the game. Well that and of course I want more =)

The camera is absolutely terrible on Xbox360 in Multiplayer.

I gave up and have just been playing single-player. I really like the game, but the multi-player is really broken for me. I've only had 1 person join my game and it was bad, I don't even want to imagine what its like with 2 or 3 more.

No other game of this type makes you share a screen. To make this choice seems to be a conscious choice to make the game obviously inferior to other multi-player games.

I really hope they fix the camera issues on consoles too. Make "justice" for both not only PC .

Waste of time.

Why did you not implement keybinding with release. I'm sure it was brought up, several times. Whoever reduced this in priority in an effort to get the game out the door. Well, you suck. I'm being vocal about this stupid oversight but I'm sure there are a signifigant amount of people out there who feel the same way.

You. Guy who crapped on this feature to push product out the door. You, suck, and I've wasted money on a game that it not worth playing (cause, see I can't paly due to your default key mappings that are....unchangeable!) until you "fix" something that should have been there to begin with.

We're looking at making it so that A and D rotate the camera in the same direction regardless of whether you walk forwards or backwards.

Edit (6/16): We're planning on adding Keybinding support in a patch, due soon.

just got the game, and I've found it damn near unplayable because of the character and camera controls, it has the potential to be one of my favorite games... except i get frustrated after a few minutes of playing. what's wrong with the standard game controls? why borrow the camera controls from the NWN games? or use the old dungeon siege controls, for the pc version at least.

Ironically, a lot of people complained like you wouldn't believe about the NWN cameras. A lot more than DS3. :blink:

Um - errrrr more people complained and you still implemented the same thing?

Yes, they copy pasted the same exact camera. :ermm:

Yes, they copy pasted the same exact camera. :ermm:

It's the damn co-op camera that gets me... Can't see mobs in front of you, occasionally get cornered and stuck, get completely disoriented in combat when co-op partner runs around to get a better vantage...

Seriously, I could cry...