Some updates re: feedback

I would just like to point out three bugs that I just discovered. I'm playing as Lucas, on hardcore difficulty. Here are my problems :

- Reinhart's (so the fourth companion) 'Equip' screen is extremely bugged : it shows the characteristics of the equipped item on the left, it also shows the +/- when compared to the select equipment, but the characteristics of the selected item are bugged, they're not aligned to the equipped item and they only show the effects that the equipped item doesn't have!

- It seems that the Empowered version of Lucas' 'Heroic Charge' is bugged and doesn't have the effects advertised. Most notably, the damages aren't augmented.

- Katarina often walks when coming to resurrect me! I don't think I ever had that problem with Anjali!

- The savepoint just before the

Improved Automaton boss fight in the Crypt is bugged : there are always enemies around you when you load the point! It was very frustrating for me because the boss fight itself was hard, and beating up twenty enemies including five bomb-throwing goblings, three Arithmancy mages with their high-damage Triangle Spell and an automaton just before became really frustrating.

Not to mention the companion AI standing still in an enemies damaging aura. This made some boss fights near impossible.

Please name a over head multiplayer diablo like game for xbox360 or PS3 that does not share an overhead screen.

Sacred 2?

Nope multiplayer you shared a co-op screen. ie. not split screen.

I know for offline multiplayer you shared one screen.. but online I am not sure about.

BULLSNAPS

BIG BIG BS.

The only time you share a screen is when you are playing two players from one console. Any other multiplayer each gamer gets their own screen, that is for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Too Human. Each player gets their own screen.

Also: Kingdom Under Fire, Two Worlds 1 and 2...

and, yes, Sacred 2 (the game I played the most in this generation) doesn

Edited by rafoca

Sacred 2 is a very full featured game, even on the consoles. PC has some elements that make that version superior (server protected saves for certain MP modes, Hardcore mode, cool expansion, more gear) but the console versions were delivered with very rich feature sets and plenty of gameplay modes.

Apparently Ascaron's main cause of demise was a bunch of side investments for other projects or somesuch. Deep Silver made out like bandits buying the Sacred IP.

-------------Back OT-----------------

Very curious to see if they can untether the camera in a patch. I also wonder if Square will back Obsidian for console cupport even though sales seem very weak on consoles.

Sacred 2 is a very full featured game, even on the consoles. PC has some elements that make that version superior (server protected saves for certain MP modes, Hardcore mode, cool expansion, more gear) but the console versions were delivered with very rich feature sets and plenty of gameplay modes.

Apparently Ascaron's main cause of demise was a bunch of side investments for other projects or somesuch. Deep Silver made out like bandits buying the Sacred IP.

-------------Back OT-----------------

Very curious to see if they can untether the camera in a patch. I also wonder if Square will back Obsidian for console cupport even though sales seem very weak on consoles.

I cant recall a camera being fixed via patch in any other game, I am afraid. I would love to see that happening, but I am not holding my breath.

Regarding Sacred 3, btw, I just read news that the game is still on paper :p

They can probably add a whole lot of zoom to the camera in a patch though. That might help a little bit.

I think it would help a lot, not just a little bit. Just move it back a la Diablo, TQ, Sacred, etc. I understand Obsidian's objective was to titillate the sheeple by making the camera closer to show off their characters, but there's no need for TWO close camera settings.

Or of course just let the player control the zoom.

Likes/praises:

I liked the combat. It was arguably the most fun system I've played in an RPG. The controls on the 360 were quite intuitive, as well.

The story was good. It would have been cool if it was a bit longer, and included some of the areas/towns talked about in the game to flesh out the overall conflict. But it was certainly a fun romp.

The characters were cool, though I would have liked to have learned a bit more about my companions. See below.

Disappointments/complaints:

The saves checkpoints thing is weird, IMO. Maybe I'm just not used to them in Obsidian games, but it's frustrating to have to wander around to find a save check point when I really have to turn the game off. I don't want to have to fight through another couple of waves of enemies just to save, otherwise risk losing what I'd just done since my last save.

I was also hoping for more interaction with the companions. After the initial conversations with them when they first join up, they turn into silent bodyguards (other than chiming in once in a while with comments during dialogue). But nowhere near the stuff you saw in KOTOR II, NWN2, or FO:NV. I was hoping that each companion would have their own little backstory you learned more of as you went along, possibly culminating in a quest for them.

I was also hoping for more sidequests. The main quest, while short, seemed alright. But the lack of number of sidequests was disappointing.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was also hoping for more sidequests. The main quest, while short, seemed alright. But the lack of number of sidequests was disappointing.

I can share this sentiment. Although, proudly, I am a PC gamer so one day we might actually get a toolset so we can mod and make our own content.

I read somewhere that a toolset would be very difficult to make and not likely to happen.

Which is a shame because user created content is always interesting and sometimes extremely good.

I'd even buy a dlc made out of some of the best user created content.

I read somewhere that a toolset would be very difficult to make and not likely to happen.

Which is a shame because user created content is always interesting and sometimes extremely good.

I'd even buy a dlc made out of some of the best user created content.

You read somewhere....

Now I don't mean to undermine you at all but, unless it was said by a developer (provided a link to said statement) then you can't believe exactly what you read.

While some users have made great guesses in the past, if this was said by a forumite, then it is only that. A guess. I've gone through just about every DS3 developer interview that I can find on the net and I haven't seen a developer comment on a toolkit yet. So I can only assume a forumite said this.

So, I still hope for a toolkit. Maybe after they release some DLC....

Now I don't mean to undermine you at all but, unless it was said by a developer (provided a link to said statement) then you can't believe exactly what you read.

It was said by a developer. Both Feargus Urquhard (Obsidian CEO) and Nathaniel Chapman (Lead designer on the project) said that it was out of scope. Releasing a toolset isn't something that can simply be done "as is", you have to provide documentation, polish them up the tools for the public, remove functions/stuff that require software licenses (like SpeedTrees) etc.

Yeah maybe I should have been more clear. I read it from a developer interview as WorstUserNameEver said. They said it would be too difficult and impractical at the time and it was out of scope.

I promise I wasn't trying to crush your hopes and dreams.

• 2 weeks later...
Obsidan doesn't even have the common courtesy to answer people when they ask what the first Xbox patch fixed I highly doubt they are going to entirely fix the camera for Xbox.

They probably released it just to annoy you.

NDA>Common courtesy.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Hey Flouride ... so you are saying that there is a non disclosure agreement between Obsidian/Square and Microsoft to NOT explain to owners of the game what alterations were made to the software? That sounds really weird and highly unlikely but I'm wondering if you have anything to substantiate that claim?

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Flouride ... so you are saying that there is a non disclosure agreement between Obsidian/Square and Microsoft to NOT explain to owners of the game what alterations were made to the software? That sounds really weird and highly unlikely but I'm wondering if you have anything to substantiate that claim?

Some contracts have pretty strict NDA's and developers really don't need/want to piss off the publishers and console manufacturers.

For example if any Obsidian employee wants to answer to a Fallout: New Vegas related question in a interview they seem to shuffle it through Bethesda. Don't have a link to support that right now, but I saw/heard a week or two ago MCA interview/podcast where he said something about Fallout related questions need to be okayed by Bethesda.

Hate the living, love the dead.

They wouldn't have an NDA saying "We shall not tell the gamers what's in a patch", but for example Obsidian couldn't say "Oh we want to give you another patch but we can't because Square wont' let us and we have to wait for them to do some clearance stuff", depending on the contract/relationship.

It's silly, but sadly, that's the industry norm.