Witcher 2

Will Obama be a Witcher fan?

*google translated*

Air Force One with Barack Obama heading towards the U.S.. The U.S. president on the board can relax unpack gifts from Polish. Prime Minister Donald Tusk prior to departure gave the guest the latest game of the adventures of The Witcher, IPAD films Thomas Baginski and broken pen.

Prime Minister Donald Tusk has given President Obama IPAD wgranymi movies with Polish artists Tomasz Baginski (eg "Animated Polish history" and "Cathedral"), and Damian Nenow (including "City of ruins").

Symbolic gestures of appreciation

Symbolic gestures of Barack Obama on the first day of his visit in Poland ... read more

Well, beat it just now. Well worth the time spent playing (not sure how long but ~30 h). The boss fight at the end sure did suck.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Looks like the 1.1 patch from GOG fixed part of my problem. I can at least start and run the game without changing desktop resolution every time :p

Registration and Settings screens are still fubar when useing medium or large Windows fonts. But hey, at least I can play the game itself without hassle now. Virgins and villains beware!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finished the second playthrough, will now give it a break until I upgrade my rig then try Insane. Want to experience it as it's meant to look.

Definitely worth at least 2 runs given the massive amounts to which it diverges, both in the big branching out Chapter 2 onwards and in individual quests. Design-wise it could have done with less 'cinematic experiences' and more choices in various places (e.g.

rescuing Philippa in Radovid's dungeon - whether you go through sewers or get arrested the outcome is very similar and you aren't really in control for msot of it, i.e. knocking out Shilart.

), but still does a great job at making it a convincing narrative no matter what combination of choices you make.

I just encountered my first sex scene in

the elven garden

, it was pretty well done, leagues above the awkwardness of Dragon Age at least.

That's the first STORY based opportunity to play boinky boink, but some of the others aren't as well done, and still better than the few I've seen in DA:O

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Finding

Cedric

at the end of chapter 1 must be the worst quest ever.

Having to spam Z (which still makes it hard to see the trail) with it's limited distance and being distracted by traps, destroyed lairs, coccoons, flowers, loot, disarmed traps made that hunt a LOT longer than it should have been... :p

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Heh, the only time where I used the Cat potion was when

I had to go through that big, long, annoying mine dungeon in chapter 2

. And in this situation I've used like 5 or 10 potions.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Apparently

Henselt's actions

at the beginning of chapter 2 make no ounce of difference whatsoever.

I've even had him

kick Saskia's ass, and get his ass kicked by Saskia

, but it just leads to exactly the same cutscene.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

what a surprise :wacko: you're digging too deep

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I liked that quest to find Cedric, they mention Cat in the journal entry. On my Iorveth run now, way different but now I need to go into the blasted catacombs

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's just "cinematic" gameplay.

There's too much of it, and all of it is bad, though. Damn CD Projekt, there's so many good things in this game.. why have you decided to put just as many hilariously bad things into it too? :wacko:

One day when the hype has died down and all eyes are away from them they may deign fit to tell us about their design choices. For now let's blame the usual suspects: console peasants, publisher and BioWare.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Apparently

Henselt's actions

at the beginning of chapter 2 make no ounce of difference whatsoever.

I've even had him

kick Saskia's ass, and get his ass kicked by Saskia

, but it just leads to exactly the same cutscene.

Likewise

when you fight Stennis

. I didn't encounter a lot of similar moments on my playthrough, maybe I missed something or is on the other path.

Yeh, there aren't many of these "interactive cutscenes" but they for sure are annoying as hell. I just don't get why it was added... it adds nothing to the game and the same "feeling" could have been done with a normal cutscene as well.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

In terms of annoyance and frustration, I'd have to say

protecting Henselt from the wraiths and the dragon

take that prize more than anything. I guess they want players more involved rather than sitting and watching, probably a poor decision but not a huge one (and maybe with some merit, friend got bored in Ch 2 with all the political talking :wacko: )

Yeh, there aren't many of these "interactive cutscenes" but they for sure are annoying as hell. I just don't get why it was added... it adds nothing to the game and the same "feeling" could have been done with a normal cutscene as well.

Interactive cutscenes forces the audience to keep engaged because of the input, it makes transition easier and keeps the tension of the fight alive.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

But they keep me annoyed, if I have to walk minutes long inside the body of some other character to some place without anything happening. :)

Anyway, I am in chapter 2 now with my second playthrough, sided with the squirrels. I think the chapter 1 ending was much better than with Roche, though, I feel a bit bad now. :>

Funny, though. When I've walked with Iorveth to the prisoner ship, it started to rain. That was so depressing. Great atmosphere.

In general, when I've enter the city and everything burns and dwarfs and elfs get beat up, etc. that was fancy. I've expected that something like this will happen with the town, but not really *this*. Though, it's a bit wired in situations... Like, there is a burning house but when you enter it, you see a woman swinging the broom and someone else sitting on a chair, as if nothing happens... and their roof is burning. :p

But they keep me annoyed, if I have to walk minutes long inside the body of some other character to some place without anything happening. :)

It's even more annoying to have to fight with some other character. In an RPG. A single character RPG. With abilities and style that are not yours.

CD Projekt just a question.. why?

Another small thing I hate is when you have these epic fights that the game has been building up to, and you're clearly winning... But all of a sudden, the cutscene magic comes in and you suddenly end up losing the fight. Reminds me of the Darth Nihilus fight in KOTOR2 where you can whoop his ass completely and then all of a sudden the cutscene comes in and it's like "OMG, HE'S... TOO STRONG FOR US". Just feels so wrong.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

so far only Tigranes has really liked the game, it seems :) can't be that bad, c'mon! I stopped reading the thread at somethingawful, but it was all "best RPG of the decade" stuff

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It's the second "RPG of the decade" this year, until Skyrim is released.

Though it's not really "RPG" anymore. It's an action/adventure game with C&C at this point.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

hah, true :)

Walsingham said: