Witcher 2

The thing with Endregas is that the first few times I thought there was only one way to kill them - Yrden. But I found out you can get them with a variety of strategies, which is quite neat.

(1) Yrden, or Cedric's traps. If you want to waste 15 minutes of your life collecting 30 of them then laying them down you can probably one-hit the Queen.

(2) Quen then some careful rolling around, esp. if you have level 2 or 3 Quen (reflected damage). This isn't as boring as you'd think because the Queen has a fair variety of attacks including a lunge (which leaves it vulnerable to couple of strong attacks), and because you can pick the narrow areas of the forest to impair her movement.

(3) Use lures and lure some random mosnters/elves to the Queen, so that the QUeen is distracted. I killed one Queen within 20 seconds when this worked particularly well, even on Hard.

(4) Haven't tried this, but am wondering whether block & counterattack would also work with some talent investment in the relevant skills.

Also, I nearly always use the Swallow + Rook combo for potions, achieving small bonus in damage and big bonus in health regen, then the purple oil thing on the sword for extra damage. Seriously, the game gives you a lot of options - of course the difficulty depends on how twitch-proficient you are, but if you are using the full array of traps, potions, bombs, talents and moves available every enemy has multiple ways to kill. I had huge trouble with the kayran in the first playthrough, I was amazed when I killed it in one go this time round. Using the

kayran trap

and learning the talent that increases the distance of your rolls made a huge difference - I suspect there are other ways to build your Geralt up for the challenge, such as achieving Quen 2 or 3 for additional protection.

But thats pretty expensive.

Another way to kill the queen is to run up to her, attack, run away until she lose the interest, then go back and hit her again, run away, repeat. Pretty boring, though.

I've also found the kayran to be pretty easy on my second playthrough. I just needed one try and was done in 3 minutes or so.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On Hard the Endrega Queen and a few other monsters have enough resistance to take negligible damage from fire-related signs/bombs/traps. On Easy, might be different.

On easy, Endrega queen is too slow to react to quick attacks spammed and she can be cornered.

Only issue is when there are multiple endrega.

Then, you have to roll to be sure that all the enemies are in front of you.

Also, if on easy you find endregas difficult, that means you are lacking an armor upgrade. In easy, having an armor between 15 and 20 in chapter 1 is sufficient to take only few damage per hit, even from endrega.

I havent got any armor that can be upgraded, so my total armor is about 8-9 maybe

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That's not bad, but it could easily be higher. Are you doing this before a lot of other Chapter 1 sidequests? There's no hurry. Or have you burned a lot of money buying tons of books and schematics and such? They don't throw too much money at you but if you loot even half of what you come across and then not waste the money buying expensive stuff (more schematics than you need, expensive pre-made equipment, etc) you should be able to craft better armour.

And yes, make sure you kill all the other endrega before fighting the Queen or it gets annoying. Sometimes a couple will pop up even after the Queen has spawned, just bring them down fast.

Yrden is pretty sweet, the Endrega queen and the big thing in the Chapter 2 catacombs (I forget the name) were pretty easy with it on Normal.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had to kill the

Arachni

three times because apparently even boss-monster remains get cleared when loading a save-game. There goes your one-shot for unique quest itemry or throphy!

I hope they fix that in 1.2

Even better is that there is a potential insta-kill cutscene afterwards, and my diplomacy skills are lacking :). The second time I just got killed during another side-quest, no auto-save inbetween. Learns me to think "meh, I can easily finish this before returning to the main quest"...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Maybe this is like Hades and the werewolf all over again..

GO KAFTAN, YOU CAN DO EET

:ermm: Hades... Never did get the werewolf did he.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Id like to think he did, and then died before he had time to tell us about it.

p.s

I gave up on the endrega queens, I just cant damage them enough. An yrden trap only scratches it, same for my other equipment. You ARE supposed to use silves swords on it, right?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Can someone tell me where I can find specter oil in chapter one? Want to go to the haunted house now, but not without that oil. Can't find the stuff or the formular on any trader.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Trap the queen then roll and hit her from behind, maybe ? As for the Specter Oil, think there's some lady in Lobinden that sells it, never got it myself.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What you can do is just farming a bit of Nekker for some xp and mutagens and hope to find some mutagens that upgrade your damages.

Finding a better silver sword may take some time in chapter 1.

Normally, strong strikes against the queen should be efficient. MAy be try and find some insect oil.

For specter oil, I have no idea. There are many marchants that have formulas. The one at the market. The one between the guard house and the tavern and the witch in the village.

Can someone tell me where I can find specter oil in chapter one? Want to go to the haunted house now, but not without that oil. Can't find the stuff or the formular on any trader.

It's a bit counterintuitive, but Axii works on wraiths.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I think the potion oil merchant is the woman in Lobiwhatever.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I got it from Cedric.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Kaftan it just sounds like level / equipment / etc wise you're horribly not ready. Just come back and get the queens later, anytime before end of Chapter 1.

Killing the Kraken gives a host of powerful items and a ****load of XP (2 levels for me).

After that everything turned from "help, they kill me" to "hack & slash" to me.

^

I was somewhat peeved at the lengths I had to go to get the patch applied (despite removing all dlcs etc I ended up having to wipe all the witcher 2 directories completely and make sure I was disconnected when installing- it finally decided my version existed, on the third reinstall) but it seems to have provided another performance boost.

I am still on Chapter 2. I know a lot of people have said it felt short but it doesn't seem short to me.

Killing the Kraken gives a host of powerful items and a ****load of XP (2 levels for me).

After that everything turned from "help, they kill me" to "hack & slash" to me.

It seems the game is over as soon as Adrenaline is unlocked. With upgraded Quen, enemies practically kill themselves.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.