What you did today

Gorth

We'll I'm back home at last. Last week the Hatchee river (which meets the Mississippi about five miles from my house) flooded out of the banks. Scary stuff, it rose about two and a half meters in just a few hours.When I woke up and saw the end of my driveway under water I loaded up the dogs and went to my Dads old place in Florida. So after four day of unexpected and nerve wracking vacation I got back today to asses the damage. It did not make it up to the house, thank God. The barn flooded and it ruined the Camaro I've been working on restoring. It also ruined some projects for my side business. My fence is down in a few places but as long as the house is ok I'm a very lucky man. Some of my neighbors were not so lucky.

Glad to hear the house is ok. Shame about the Camaro :(

My new credit card arrived, so had to spend that chunk of time updating various records and places.. ie: Amazon, and my isp provider and such like.. But I'm sure I've forgotten something.

Although I suppose it's good that I don't have any mmo's sucking away at it that I have to remember at the moment.

So far it pretty much falls into an uneventful weekend.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Strangely... even though I'm not depressed or on bipolar... I started turning over the "It's a wonderful life" theme on myself.

Nooot a pretty picture when one does it to themselves.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Strangely... even though I'm not depressed or on bipolar... I started turning over the "It's a wonderful life" theme on myself.

Nooot a pretty picture when one does it to themselves.

Go to Pandora, make a new station w/ Bob Marley, sit back and enjoy the good feelings.

Had a fresh cup of tea and was just randomly trawling through the Novatech sales.. and idling on window surfing off various tech goodies. I've got to admit the 1TB External Harddrive, USB2.0 for only

1TB External Harddrive, USB2.0

I have one of those. It's more than half full of raw, uncompressed FNV videos that I still can't make myself delete. :sorcerer: I need to get another one for other backup stuff again.

Also...I hate FOX and their blackout contracts on MLB. I pay MLB for their MLB tv, I should be able to watch any game using it. IMO. Curse you FOX.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Went to work, wound up crashing on the sofa and sleeping for three hours, completely zoned out. ****ing allergy meds.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

1TB External Harddrive, USB2.0

I have one of those. It's more than half full of raw, uncompressed FNV videos that I still can't make myself delete. :lol: I need to get another one for other backup stuff again.

Also...I hate FOX and their blackout contracts on MLB. I pay MLB for their MLB tv, I should be able to watch any game using it. IMO. Curse you FOX.

that's what dvd-dl's are great for.

<sent from samsung gt>

Realised I'd actually made it through yesterday without eating anything more than a single eccles cake and a scotch egg. Hm, always kind of dangerous when you're not feeling hungry and time blips past without you noticing that. Multiple cups of tea really can keep you going strong. Went with a big fry up tonight which might not have been the healthiest, but was certainly tasty.

Had a glance through a C# Pocket Reference I'd picked up, caught up on a couple of tv shows that I've had stored awhile, and found an out-of-print rpg supplement I've been keeping an eye out for.

Arranging a lunch meet up this week with a friend I haven't seen in a few months, and I'm considering whether I should take the opportunity to look around for a new suit. Potentially have a formal job interview coming up over the next month, and the one I've got hanging up is getting on a bit. Even if it is a rather nice Pierre Cardin.

Of course, then I'll have to start worrying over whether my father will pick up on the home care for mother... now he's retired he should be able to pick it up (and is why i've been trying to get back on the work horse). I'm just kind of hoping that the only reason he hasn't been doing much of it so far is that I'm still around the house. The joys of family politics.... :lol:

I realize I suck at ironing. But luckily not client facing so nothing wrong with pants that are 4% wrinkly. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

that's what dvd-dl's are great for.

<sent from samsung gt>

If you mean those double-sided DVD's, then no. I'd fill up 100 of them or something, way too much clutter, I'd rather have HD's. And many of the video files are way more than 4-8GB since I use direct stream copy to splice stuff together into one huge file. :lol: If you meant some other tech gadget that I'm not familiar with, then...dunno.

And today so far I woke up very early (again) and have been playing around with voice recording. Just for kicks, no projects. Mostly an attempt to fill some time and to try to ignore the pounding of the neighbors who have been nosily replacing their roof for over two days via drowning them out with my bad karaoke singing and narrations. Later, baseball & Game of Thrones.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I am posting drunk, but i'll give it a try: Kyl oli hyv

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This summer I plan on doing quite a bit in the path to self actualization. Unfortunately I'm having some pretty serious social regression but honestly I kind of don't care anymore. I like being alone, sometimes...well 90% of the time. Anyways, I've already got a pretty legit lifting routine going but I'm really aiming for abs this summer so I'm going to adjust it to more full on olympic training like a beast. A bit more segmented than usual, so 4 days a week so I can do more heavy loads and more reps. Also adding in there a bunch of cardio and keeping my diet on lock down. I've gotten into this crazy gardening/yard work kind mentality. Partly because its interesting and something to do but I really like the idea of growing my own food and understanding nature a little bit more intuitively. I do have one class over summer but it's towards the very end and then I graduate. In the meantime, I'm going to be studying for the graduate entrance test but I'm also going to be spending a fair amount of time reading things that currently interest me. So a lot of psychology, physiology of the brain and it's chemistry, and then lots of fiction stuff I want to read. Probably do a little bit of writing as well.

So basically at the end of summer I'm looking to be a completely shredded, tanned, beautiful slug man. But looks aren't everything so I'm going to be a master neuro-argiculturalist with a soon to be masters in accounting, who cooks and writes novels in his free time. The ultimate renaissance man.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Went to a wedding this weekend so luckily I missed the Swedish hockey fiasco. Congratulations, Finland, you had the star (Granlund) and you deserved it. I must say I am a little impressed by the Swedish team also.. They came with 10 players (!) from the youth team and managed to make it to the finals! Not bad.

Oh, and the wedding was great. Open bar at the end.. It is Monday and I am still feeling it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Iz my bifdee, so it'll be all about the drink-i-poos today!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I have trumped all your weekends, for in conjunction with two friends, and a book on Nikola Tesla, we believe we have found a way to weaponise hippy love crystals.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have trumped all your weekends, for in conjunction with two friends, and a book on Nikola Tesla, we believe we have found a way to weaponise hippy love crystals.

Am I the only one who is worried by what exactly you might be calling "hippy love crystals"? :shifty:

just got home from a weekend with the gf

pretty much only got out of bed to do some baking and play with the cats :)

It's this sort of thing that causes everyone to hate you Shryke. You do realise that? :)

Jesus, i wrote some jibberish first in finnish and then in swedish yesterday. Sorry for the confusion.

kirottu: Nice timing there :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Got a good laugh out of the MVP selection, though. Talk about making decisions before the final 21 minutes.

Still, an enjoyable match, and I can't help but gloat a bit after the hubris Swedes were showing beforehand.

I work a block away from the party, but I think I'll rather go watch it on tv. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif