What you did today

Gorth

I got an odd virus today, it pretended to be my Vista Security settings and then whenever I tried to enable the firewall it tried to charge me. I have anti-virus software (AVG) installed, so I was a bit taken aback that I picked it up. I did a system restore and got everything cleaned up, but I'm not sure where I even got it, so that is concerning.

had something quite similar about a week ago - also have AVG :p

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

AVG's long since outgrown its lean, efficient beginnings to become another large, pointless behemoths. Ditch it.

edit: That said, I don't know what's good these days. Using V3 at the moment but not sure how great it is.

gah was just making dinner and felt my phone go off in my pocket. i flipped it open thinking it was a txt only to stare blankly at the screen for a few seconds before realising it was a call

evidently it was about a job and so i had to pretend to be a normal person for a while

it seems however that i'm adequate at talking ****, so i have an interview tomorrow for the role

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I got an odd virus today, it pretended to be my Vista Security settings and then whenever I tried to enable the firewall it tried to charge me. I have anti-virus software (AVG) installed, so I was a bit taken aback that I picked it up. I did a system restore and got everything cleaned up, but I'm not sure where I even got it, so that is concerning.

had something quite similar about a week ago - also have AVG :p

+1

sonsofgygax.JPG

The joys of a bank holiday monday.. Tis being quite windy and I've managed to clear out a batch of laundry. Going to take a moment to catch up with the Doctor Who episode from the weekend while enjoying a fresh cup of tea.

Hm, juggling time.. have to go pick up some train tickets I've got booked, and ponder on preparations for a potential job interview later this week.

And I'm guessing that since it's one of those three-day weekends, I seem to have been struck by a slight envy/jealousy mix over someone concerning the stresses of work/family/kids/loving wife they have. :ermm: Which is a little strange, but I'm sure it'll fade away soon.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Planned on a lazy bank holiday Monday. Actually got bored with gaming within ten minutes and got down to work. Loving it, although have run out of coffee.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Always find that odd the holidays in the UK never have a name, or at least they never say what it is, always bank holiday. Here every day is given a name to commemorate something. In any event, fun times with the airlines. My mom was due to arrive at 2040, delayed to 2100, then apparently nothing due being sent to an airport outside the airline's network. So they need to get a senior engineer over there to certify the maintenance work, as well as get some agreements to pay for fuel, etc. Lovely communication from them. Now she's due in 1400-1530 today.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They do have names, Malcador. This is (apparently) the Spring Holiday. According to my calendar.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ate to much salt this morning. Now I'm going to head out for a hillstamp and sweat some of it out.

-Elwood Blues

US and UK need to take more holidays at the same time. Work day was niiice and calm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Did a good solid hillstomp this evening in a solid drizzle which was quite refreshing.

Managed a short 100m sprint afterwards. Good lick of speed too. But didn't take it any further as I was worried I might jelly my back. Savagely pleasing to be able to run once more.

Celebrated with cherry seven up, pizza, and ice cream.

-Elwood Blues

Decided I'm going to do everything in my power to study abroad for a semester of my Junior year of University. Definitely want to go to England. Considering London or Manchester at the moment. How badly will I be hated for being American?

Got bit by a snake a few weeks back, turned my left foot blue. This evening I'm going to run 10 kilometers in a running competition. My foot is still blue.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Pick up some Jaundice and you can proudly proclaim to wear your national colours :x

I don't think people get blue feet from snakebites where I live.

Got myself a new tumble dryer. It was an impulse buy while walking along a road looking for a furniture store. It's nice to have though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Got bit by a snake a few weeks back, turned my left foot blue. This evening I'm going to run 10 kilometers in a running competition. My foot is still blue.

That would be an adder, yes? Ouch.

-Elwood Blues

That would be an adder, yes? Ouch.

Hmm, yes, some sort of adder. Not very dangerous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vipera_berus

But it's still kind of painful. I will post a pic of my foot when I get back home. I am sure you all can't wait to see it!

I went to the doctor 10 days after the bite because I am a wimp and she explained to me that it must have been a young adder. They do not have control over their poison bladders yet so when they bite they pump in all the poison they have. Older snakes are kinder, they only pump in as much as they deem necessary.

Guest The Architect

My mum's been in hospital since last week, has had two MRI's, x-rays, and a lumbar procedure. She has transverse myelitis, a neurological disorder caused by inflammation of the spinal cord, which can lead to long term nerve damage in the back. We don't know when she will be discharged, but right now they're just trying to determine the severity of her case. They don't sound too concerned about it, so everything should be fine.

Decided I'm going to do everything in my power to study abroad for a semester of my Junior year of University. Definitely want to go to England. Considering London or Manchester at the moment. How badly will I be hated for being American?

Not a lot I would imagine. But everyone knows English people smell, are hairy, have bad teeth, are pale, fat and receding. :)

Compared to a handsome young foreigner like you, I

SnakeFoot2.jpg

My foot! You can see where the bite hit, it's the darker skin-tone area beneath the upper bruise.

That's going to have to come off. Immediately. Get out your saw and strongest liquor.

Trust me on this. I'm from the internet.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."