What you did today

Gorth

Had been on the point of firing off an irate email to a subcontractor demanding to know if they were insane, regarding a piece of work they did and has been causing me problems, when I remembered that in fact the chap who wrote it later emerged as in fact insane. Lucky I remembered! :sorcerer:

Was that because of the work he did for you.. or because he worked for you? :ermm:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had been on the point of firing off an irate email to a subcontractor demanding to know if they were insane, regarding a piece of work they did and has been causing me problems, when I remembered that in fact the chap who wrote it later emerged as in fact insane. Lucky I remembered! o:)

Was that because of the work he did for you.. or because he worked for you? o:)

:p

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had been on the point of firing off an irate email to a subcontractor demanding to know if they were insane, regarding a piece of work they did and has been causing me problems, when I remembered that in fact the chap who wrote it later emerged as in fact insane. Lucky I remembered! o:)

Was that because of the work he did for you.. or because he worked for you? o:)

:p

Hey, someone had to say it. :o

There's something about madness that can be a lot more terrifying then gore and blood spill.

Edit: Although thinking about it, I might be colored by my first reading of Bram Stoker's Dracula back when I was in Middle School. Harker's descent into madness scared the bejeezus out of me at the time. About the only point in the book that did. :)

Edited by Raithe

heading out soon to catch up with a friend for coffee/booze

she's moving to england in a week or so, but before she goes she's decided she needs to give me some booze :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Just got home from a 40 mile bike ride on my fixed gear. I took a week off of work to just chill and take some time to enjoy the weather and enjoy who I am and my hobbies. Now I'm frying up some Juicy Lucy burgers.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Got up to grey, wet and generally miserable weather. With a slow-grinding headache, a puppy with an upset stomach.. and city workmen going along the roads with strimmers and equipment to trim back the hedges, bushes and assorted trees along the roadside...

Now firmly attending to my first mug of tea for the day.

Well things have progressed.

Several hours in and I get a text message from my sister "btw I forgot to mention he threw up at 7am, you might want to keep a towel handy."

But so far no real messes to deal with, managed to keep the sick dog from trying to eat the cat, mom's settled back watching some classic period drama, the weather's still wet, noon time is rolling around.. so I'm grabbing a piece of gran's bread pudding to nibble on, a fresh cup of tea and about to watch a documentary about the "Secrets of the Arabian Nights" narrated by Richard E Grant following the origins and how it travelled to the west and influenced our view of the middle ease.. Should be somewhat interesting.

I dno longer believe that you won a puppy. Instead I suggest it is some form of Mexican vomiting sloth.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I dno longer believe that you won a puppy. Instead I suggest it is some form of Mexican vomiting sloth.

Suspected mexican vomiting sloth on the right...

PairofDogs2_1.jpg

Edit: And yes, he's not quite 4 months old yet..

Edited by Raithe

Sighting confirmed! (aww....)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Cute dogs! As for here : Raining again today, which would be great if it were actually rain, rather than this drizzling or misty stuff we keep getting. Bah! Still waging a war against the Xeno menace in the kitchen (ants) and now must contend with a raccoon that's made a mess of our garbage bin.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Edit: And yes, he's not quite 4 months old yet..

As I suspected. You know those triangular protuberances are venomous, don't you? Venom induces persistent migraine symptoms prior to explosive shin failure.

-Elwood Blues

Dogs aren't my thing, but the one on the right is definitely cute/adorable. ;)

It's been cloudy/rainy here too. Last time I remember rain in mid-late May, around here, was when hubby & I got married, back in the early 90's. At least it gives my allergies/cough a break. I can almost sleep for 3 hours in a row now. I'm learning to live via 2-3 naps per day.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Heh, another suit got stuck in the revolving doors. Pretty funny, although he managed to get out without the need for emergency services. Was upset at my sniggering at him though. Wonder when they'll fix that, although it seems to happen more often if people rush through it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cute dogs! As for here : Raining again today, which would be great if it were actually rain, rather than this drizzling or misty stuff we keep getting. Bah! Still waging a war against the Xeno menace in the kitchen (ants) and now must contend with a raccoon that's made a mess of our garbage bin.

With the exception of the raccoon, I've dealt w/ ants already and currently dealing with the rainy weather. :p

Inquired into a volunteer position for data entry at a medical office for the summer. Other than work I have an over-abundance of free time, might as well start a social contact network for references when i graduate... in two years. :)

My wife tore her ACL on Monday while she was running Cheerleading tryouts for her school. So I've been taking care of her and the kids. Hopefully she will get in for surgery quickly, the worker's comp. paperwork is holding it up, but I think she can get it done early next week.

My wife tore her ACL on Monday while she was running Cheerleading tryouts for her school. So I've been taking care of her and the kids. Hopefully she will get in for surgery quickly, the worker's comp. paperwork is holding it up, but I think she can get it done early next week.

Wow, is it bad?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Went into work on my new, later, hours. Got there and instantly got told "Turn around, you and these other people are going to run the store on the other side of town."

We drive out there and basically end up running this thing for about five hours. We had one person who was basically ineffectual (all she knew was front counter and was otherwise useless). The manager from our store was getting frustrated because nobody at that store wanted to learn a new position. Ended up going back to my "home" store and finishing out my shift. Twas overall an interesting day.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Wow, is it bad?

I'm not sure, she meets with the surgeon tomorrow. It could be worse, she has a brace on now and is using crutches, after the surgery she will probably be on crutches for another few weeks. But she can move around somewhat, and she's young enough to rehab it and all that. She probably won't be doing many competitive sports in the next 6 months, but she should be able to walk well enough fairly soon after the surgery.

Oh, today is our 8-year wedding anniversary too ;)

Edited by Hurlshot

Wow, is it bad?

I'm not sure, she meets with the surgeon tomorrow. It could be worse, she has a brace on now and is using crutches, after the surgery she will probably be on crutches for another few weeks. But she can move around somewhat, and she's young enough to rehab it and all that. She probably won't be doing many competitive sports in the next 6 months, but she should be able to walk well enough fairly soon after the surgery.

Oh, today is our 8-year wedding anniversary too ;)

Grats, too bad that the accident came at such time. Well I guess it's up to you to make her feel better :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ouch.

-Elwood Blues

Virgin Media spent yesterday redoing lines along the road yesterday.. and now it looks like my phoneline is somewhat buggered. :)

Edit: Oh and nearly forgot to do the sympathetic "Ouch" and then congratulations to Hurlshot.

Houdini always used to say that the chains of marriage were the only bonds he could never escape from, and that he never wanted to.

Edited by Raithe

wow after skimming through and being amused at the "sons of obsidian" thread, i find out that my girlfriend's sister has been in a motorbike accident and may have to get her leg amputated :)

also, have massive migraine and going to bed to read until it goes away

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!