Seal Team Six appreciation thread

Monte Carlo

So Seal Team Six (whoever they are) were the operators who slotted UBL. Good for them.

I think the SEALS get a raw deal. The movie was awful, I mean... Charlie Sheen in a golf buggy? Demi Moore with a crew-cut?

So this thread is here to say thanks to the guys on SEAL Team Six, hope they get a few beers and medals.

And... who's next?

sonsofgygax.JPG

SEALS have had mixed reviews in the past. Some folks think they emphasise physical fitness above brains. But I think this proves that both the SEALS and their dedicated airlift are in the very top tier of special forces. It must also have taken some moral courage to order the operation. I can imagine it having gone Blackhawk Down all too easily. And that would have ended several careers.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

SEALS have had mixed reviews in the past. Some folks think they emphasise physical fitness above brains. But I think this proves that both the SEALS and their dedicated airlift are in the very top tier of special forces. It must also have taken some moral courage to order the operation. I can imagine it having gone Blackhawk Down all too easily. And that would have ended several careers.

SEALs =/= Seal Team 6 aka DEVGRU aka United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Seal Team 6? So does that mean that SOCOM has a chance of beating Call of Duty to making a game level out of it?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Can't wait for the movie.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

But this one will be overwrought with emotional 9/11 imagery.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Blackhawk Down was pretty good.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I thought team Seal team #1 were supposed to be the best?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

SEALs have some sort of team hierarchy? I thought the novelty of their structure was that didn't have one. E.g. for one mission this guy was doing communication, for the other he would lead a group of 3.

Anyways, i usually do not celebrate an act to kill to i got hand it to them for completing their mission without casualties on their side.

+ their kids will win every "my dad can beat up your dad"-argument, forever.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

How about appreciation for those intelligence people who found his hiding spot?

The powers that be knows they have been slammed a lot (and maybe deservedly so) since 9/11

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The Daily Telegraph* is claiming that wikileaks posted details from Guantanamo which made it fairly clear that the US knew that bin Laden might be in Abbotabad. Good thing AlQ didn't go through the material thoroughly or the little ****er might have got loose again.

Thanks wikileaks. Defending justice once again!

*I won't link directly to it. US citizens on the forum may be breaking the law if they gambol across and read the direct transcript. I think that'd be rather poor netiquette on my part.

-Elwood Blues

Poor US citizens, always having to be lied to like children.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Eh, is like pretty much all other countries.

I certainly don't think there's any evidence that UK citizens don't panic when confronted with anything mroe morally complex than the X Factor final.

-Elwood Blues

I certainly don't think there's any evidence that UK citizens don't panic when confronted with anything mroe morally complex than the X Factor final.

I don't disagree...

I'm just frustrated because yesterday I finally hunted down a troll, killed it, and buried it in the sea. Yet nobody seems to believe me, I'm not even in the business of lying either you'd think people would believe me a little bit trustworthy.

Oh dear...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I'm just frustrated because yesterday I finally hunted down a troll, killed it, and buried it in the sea. Yet nobody seems to believe me, I'm not even in the business of lying either you'd think people would believe me a little bit trustworthy.

That's just because I've been posting all day! :sweat:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

*I won't link directly to it. US citizens on the forum may be breaking the law if they gambol across and read the direct transcript. I think that'd be rather poor netiquette on my part.

I seriously doubt that. What law would we be breaking? The newspapers have obviously been publishing Wikileaks materials for some time now.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

moral courage
:sweat:

;(

So you think there was no fallout from the botched attempt to capture Mohammed Farrah Aidid? Or the botch job of trying to rescue the hostages from the US Iran embassy?

Given that one helicopter was lost during this operation I'd say that supports my notion that things could have gone altogether differently. Dismembered servicemen being dragged around Pakistan would be a killer the year before an election, given Obama's direct personal involvement in the planning.

-Elwood Blues