Dragon Age 2

Gorth

Guest Slinky
- I still like the world of DA

Pretty sure The Witcher 2 is still set in The Witcher 1's world. :ermm:

Also, I'm not sure how this is not understandable unless I really fail at english:

Right, been playing this while waiting The Witcher 2 to get the aspect ratio patch.

This is Dragon Age topic, is it not? :p

Edited by Slinky

I know, but I just realized how many common points are between the Witcher 2 and DA2 when you put that way.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Personal story aside, does Hawke have any influence on any major events in the game? From what I've seen in LPs, everything major just seemed to happen around the character in cutscenes without the chance to influence them whatsoever.

DA:O may have had a "save the world" story, at least your actions had some major influences on the world.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

That's a complaint I've seen a few people level at the game. I never thought about it prior to those mentions, but it's pretty much true.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just to do the comparision again between DA2 and Witcher 1:

How much influence did Geralt really have when it comes down to it? Sure, he is able to take sides, but is the world a better place because of this? Wouldn't it be fair to say that everything sort of happens around him as well, and he only plays but a little part in it all? Just like Hawke apparently?

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Geralt stopped the

Order of the Flaming Rose

and Salamandra. So his contribution in The Witcher 1 was significant.

Hawke did accomplish something in stopping the Qunari. And maybe giving them back their book. But the mage/templar thread was set to go off without him. And he doesn't seem to have had any positive contribution to either side. Maybe he stopped

Meredith

, but what did that particularly accomplish?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

We must not fail to mention that the Witcher 2 is better than anything Dragon Age

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Personal story aside, does Hawke have any influence on any major events in the game? From what I've seen in LPs, everything major just seemed to happen around the character in cutscenes without the chance to influence them whatsoever.

DA:O may have had a "save the world" story, at least your actions had some major influences on the world.

Mmh, but the difference is that DA2 doesn't have a "save the world" story, it's more of a personal story (that smells of a low-budget prequel to whatever they have cooking in Orlais, next) of Hawke, and hence all the decisions you do impact his life (and that of his friends), not so much of the world in general.

I liked it for what it was, and frankly am a bit amused by the juxtaposition of sniggering at EPIC in the ME3 marketing and complaining about lack of it, here :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I liked it for what it was, and frankly am a bit amused by the juxtaposition of sniggering at EPIC in the ME3 marketing and complaining about lack of it, here :lol:

I don't see why you bring up EPIC. One's character's decisions affecting the game world + how the story plays out is a common staple of modern story-driven RPGs, regardless whether they're personal stories or save-the-world ones.

MOTB and KOTOR 2 are both personal stories, but in both games your character's decisions greatly affect the game world. Same goes for the Witcher games, and one could even make a case for Fallout: New Vegas.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I don't see why you bring up EPIC. One's character's decisions affecting the game world is a common staple of modern story-driven RPGs, regardless whether they're personal stories or save-the-world ones.

MOTB and KOTOR 2 are both personal stories, but in both games your character's decisions greatly affect the game world. Same goes for the Witcher games, and one could even make a case for Fallout: New Vegas.

Trying really hard to think how my actions in KOTOR2 had a greater effect on the game world than what Hawke does in DA2.

I think we're talking apples and oranges here, I believe the discussion was PLAYER CHOICE and its impact. In DA2, Hawke is the catalyst in events that will have a major impact on the game world, but he is largely caught up in the action, so player choice has little impact in the greater scope of things - just on the more personal level.

Trying really hard to think how my actions in KOTOR2 had a greater effect on the game world than what Hawke does in DA2.

Deciding the fates of a couple of planets, for example?

It has obviously been way too long since I've last played KOTOR2 :lol:

Did Gromnir ever post his review?

I haven't seen him around lately either

Probly died from playing DA2

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Probly died from playing DA2

Olde Grommy Die! HA! Good Fun!

He's often come and gone over the last 12 years or so, he'll turn up when he's good and ready.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Maria's gone too. Maybe they felt that this place was beyond saving? :thumbsup:

Maria's gone too. Maybe they felt that this place was beyond saving? o:)

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here... No .. wait..that's a different thread.. :thumbsup:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• 3 weeks later...
Bioware is going to reveal or something the first story-DLC at san diego comic con, 21st-24th of july. I think there's supposed to be a trailer before that, though.

It's going to be playable there, so I think it's safe to assume that it's coming out around that time.

Playing through it now. It would have been so much better if you had the option of re spending all your talent points at level up. Maybe once per 4 levels ?.

You get tired of the same build and want to try out the other spells. With all their talk of it being more streamlined you would think they would actually streamline something meaningful, but no. Other than that, pretty standard fare, a whole lot of area recycling. Seen one cave seen them all.... literally.

I'll give it a 6.5/10. It has its moments.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

So now they've announced the new DCL for DA2..

Legacy.

FACE ALL NEW DARKSPAWN, FORGE A POWERFUL NEW WEAPON AND COME FACE TO FACE WITH AN ANCIENT HORROR.

Description:

Targeted by a vicious criminal cartel that are hunting "the blood of the Hawke," you must put an end to their relentless attacks. Leave Kirkwall, and journey to an ancient Grey Warden prison in order to find the source of the aggression and uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage. Playable from any point in the DAII campaign, face all new darkspawn, forge a powerful new weapon and come face to face with an ancient horror.

Features:

?Uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage

?Adventure through several new locations including a prison constructed by the Grey Wardens

?Obtain a powerful class-specific weapon to which you can apply upgrades of your choice

Details:

?Release Date: July 26, 2011

?Platforms & Pricing: ◦Playstation 3 - $9.99

◦PC/MAC - 800 BioWare Points

◦Xbox 360 - 800 Microsoft Points

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."