What are you playing now?

I've been playing -

Medieval Total War 2

Rift

...and I'm downloading the humungous new Company of Heroes patch so I can play the new maps and see what CoHO tweaks they've put into the retail game (I've had a five month fallow period away from CoH). Anybody up for a game let me know.

sonsofgygax.JPG

analphabet-1197388527.jpg

That would be Pre-Madonna. :ermm:

I ran his version through the dyslexia spell checker, so it came out that way for me.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Waiting for Davaeorn to massacre me.

*Davaeorn casts Death Spell*

*Party dies*

Just about. Jerk seems to have protection from fire active so he's fond of using dimension door to teleport right into the middle of my group and unloading a fireball which does 3 damage to him and kills the rest of us. :ermm:

Tsk, lowbie flaming.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's alarming when a finn has a better comprehension of the english language than a born englishman. Shame on you, mr. Nightshape!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sorry, I can't stand old and ugly and outdated games anymore. My acceptance threshold is about 5 years. Everything that is older is unacceptable.

Edward James Olmos is ugly and outdated.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's alarming when a finn has a better comprehension of the english language than a born englishman. Shame on you, mr. Nightshape!

Well, it is Italian, strictly speaking.

How bizarre! Are you an Italian living in Finland or a finn living in Italy? And if its the first, what are you dong there?! :ermm:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

How bizarre! Are you an Italian living in Finland or a finn living in Italy? And if its the first, what are you dong there?! :ermm:

Primadonna is Italian. While I was nearly born in Italy, I'm Finnish.

As for the second question, I often wonder that myself. Right now it's because I'm too broke to go out, and the PSN is too down for me to download my free LA Noire case. ****ers.

Edited by Nepenthe

Edward James Olmos is ugly and outdated.

Holy crap, Gaff was a replicant ?!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

deus ex is ugly.

but since when is deus ex gameplay/world outdated? by what game?

(gameplay here meaning: level design, world design, interactivity and reactivity)

edit 2: and orlando bloom is arguably more outdated than eddie olmos. dude's 5 minutes were up before the last lotr movie was released.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Maybe I should change my avatar to Orlando Bloom. Is that less outdated and ugly?

Less, but he's still totally 4 years ago.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

More discussion on games you are playing.

Fallout, it looks pretty with the wide screen mod.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Noire of the LA and Witcher 2

... between the two games that's a lot of boobies.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I started a game of The Witcher 2, but I think I'll wait for a patch that fixes the issues with running on high resolution desktops and desktop font sizes that aren't exactly 100%

Continuing my game of Fallout: New Vegas, discovering new and interesting ways of dying :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I managed to get past Davaeorn, but I majorly exploited the SCS AI to do it. The battle horrors are designed to follow Davaeorn around the level no matter where he goes, but if you can lure them close to the door then transition to the area above their scripting breaks and they will just stand there while you nail them with everything you have. I managed to weaken one of them beforehand and wasted most of Davaeorn's spells with repeated castings of animate dead. He doesn't seem to recognize that skeletons are immune to cold damage and doesn't care where the battle horrors are when targetting enemies so he'll happily hit the entire group with a cone of cold which will severely hurt the battle horrors. By the time my skeletons were all gone he was down to a couple castings of Horror while I had several remove fear scrolls available. A mage with a quarterstaff is no match for anything else in melee. Sadly he used all his healing potions so he didn't drop any of those sweet, sweet extra healing potions.

Currently wandering around Baldur's Gate after having wiped out the Ankheg population south of the city. Need to find someone to buy all my ankheg shells. Preferably someone that doesn't attempt to take the whole stack for the price of one.

SCS Davaeorn is an odd one - either he is ridiculously difficult, if you attack him head on, or he is ridiculously easy to kill, if you abuse his own teleporting tendencies to trick him. My favoured method is to keep my party members scattered (and weaker ones invisible if possible) at the start, then using summoned creatures - preferably undead - to follow him around and make him keep wasting spells. Once the battle horrors are down (they are not as bad as, say, the Ulcaster skeletal warrior, since they can't resist some magical damage), dispel & destroy Davaeorn. Sounds like you ended up doing something similar.

I tend to think that intentionally or not, SCS Davaeorn is a nice reflection of the man's personality - the arrogant and haughty mage who wants to kill you with bells and whistles, but can be easily defeated by refusing to indulge his battle plan and being a bit cowardly.

I feel kinda bad about how I beat that fight since all I did was exploit a scripting bug to take the Battle Horror's out of the picture. If I had remembered the charged Wand of Frost in my inventory I might have been able to use that on the Battle Horrors to better effect than just about everything else I could throw at them.

The whole fight was one big cluster**** that was made worse by my party composition. I have basically nothing in the way of actual damage dealing spells as up till this point I haven't needed them. Sleep takes care of mooks. Command works on tougher single targets. Hold Person and Horror to disable higher level foes. Silence for casters. The list goes on. I think the only actual damage spell I have access to is Melf's Acid Arrow and most of my level 2 spell slots are taken up with invisibility spells to keep Xan from being one shotted by any enemy that so much as looks at him funny.

Installing the improved end of chapter fights was a mistake I think. Especially when I have auto buffing for enemy spell casters turned on. With a level six caster, I don't have any chance of dispelling any of Davaeorn's protections which leaves me with the one option of waiting until they wear off. And having those battle horrors run away every time Davaeorn teleports back is so very frustrating as it means it's almost impossible to split them up.

Jerk has 4 fireballs memorized.

I'm curious, how much experience did you have after Cloakwood? I'm only just closing in on 47,000 XP right now and I can't imagine how it would be possible to triple that between now and the end of the game to get close to the TotSC XP cap.

Finished another playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins, this time with Female Elf Rogue. I did kinda miss the fast paced action of Dragon Age 2 but at least there wasn't the god awful spawning monsters.

Now playing The Witcher 2, which to my surprise is quite enjoyable. I did not have my hopes high after trying the original Witcher twice, and quitting both times within 10 minutes due to the horrid controls and combat.