HBO's Game of Thrones

MechanicalLemon

LoL at GD and GRRM. ther's really such a tremendous buttload of animal crybabies out there. Yet they rarely seem to actually do anything practical to help actual animals. Not that I mind. It's just even rarer that they show the same empathy for people.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

LoL at GD and GRRM. ther's really such a tremendous buttload of animal crybabies out there. Yet they rarely seem to actually do anything practical to help actual animals. Not that I mind. It's just even rarer that they show the same empathy for people.

Better yet; they support whine about "cute and cuddly" animals. Ever hear them whine about alligators, snakes or komodo dragons? Nope.

Edited by Syraxis

Better yet; they support whine about "cute and cuddly" animals. Ever hear them whine about alligators, snakes or komodo dragons? Nope.

Never mind the alligators. You ever known an animal rights activist who'd be happy to live with sewer rats?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This episode was probabl the gayest thing Ive seen. The shaving scene was way worse than Brokeback Mountain, atleast there you had proper blokes going at it, not some girlie men in fancy lighting

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I liked the episode much better than last week. The political intrigue is ramping up, the scenes re:Tyrion & all that were great and/or twisted-ly funny, there was a bit more action feeling with the jousting & the end, loved the scene between the rotund bald guy and...uh, whoever that bearded guy who "still has affection for Mrs Stark" is, etc.

(I can't keep all these darn names straight)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

loved the scene between the rotund bald guy and...uh, whoever that bearded guy who "still has affection for Mrs Stark" is, etc.

(I can't keep all these darn names straight)

I haven't been watching the series, but I'm guessing that you're talking about Varys (the eunuch spymaster) and Lord "Littlefinger" Baelish (the delightfully manipulative Treasurer).

I'm going to wait for the series on DVD-- I'd rather read book 5 with my internal visualizations of the characters intact.

The Tournament in the first book (which is what I assume the jousting bit was about) is one of my favorite parts. It's narrated from Sansa's point of view, and her naive impression of the grandeur of the spectacle is a great juxtaposition with the political subtext of everything that's going on.

I'm going to wait for the series on DVD-- I'd rather read book 5 with my internal visualizations of the characters intact.

:bat: I must admit that has been somewhat jarring for me. Only Tyrion & Arya come close to what I imagined.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

God, how I hate Catelyn Stark and the rest of her stupid family (save Ned & Arya). Can't wait for

Red Wedding

, if the show gets that far.

muahaha that is a glorious moment in the books :o

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

God, how I hate Catelyn Stark and the rest of her stupid family (save Ned & Arya). Can't wait for

Red Wedding

That will certainly be more fuel for the animal activists, if they do it like in the books.

Red Wedding

That will certainly be more fuel for the animal activists, if they do it like in the books.

They better, it just wouldn't be the same without

Gray Wind's head on Rob's body

Red Wedding

They better, it just wouldn't be the same without

Gray Wind's head on Rob's body

Here's another post with spoiler tags, just to annoy the people in this thread that haven't read the books.

Nice ep. No surprise, since it has two of the best scenes from the first book.

Ned finally gets what has been obvious all along.

I hope Sansa has much less air time in the coming seasons. She's annoying, and she was in the books... Arya is surprisingly nice.

Came across this, thought fans of the show would be interested in what is probably one of the real life inspirations.

-Elwood Blues

One annoying prick dead, a hundred more to go. They really went over their heads to cast annoying actors in this show.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This series is so up and down for me. One week I love it. The next it's "meh." Repeat forever.

Also, it's been really difficult watching with my spouse, who has not read the books...because I keep wanting to holler spoilery things at the screen, but then stop myself since hubs has no clue & I don't want to ruin it. heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Season 2 is going to be difficult for the producers. So much of that book is just "

Good Guys make poor decisions; Bad Guys win again

." The story arcs told in the

Theon, Bran, Sansa, and Arya

chapters are just depressing. The audience needs at least a little something cheerful to root for. Maybe they'll follow

Robb's campaign in the West

, which all happened "off-screen" in the books. Apart from that,

Tyrion's political maneuvering and Dany's arrival in Qarth

are probably the only highnotes.

The annoying blonde girly geezer got molten metal poured on his head after the new queen feasted on offal. In other news, the dwarf admitted to whacking off into his sisters' soup.

All in all, yet again, the great stallion has blessed us.

sonsofgygax.JPG