What are you playing now?

My only hesitation with regard to Portal 2 is how the original gave me motion sickness. I had great fun playing it, but I could only do so for about 45 minutes before I started feeling ill. The first was short enough that I could still make meaningful progress through the game and finish it within a few days of short-session gameplay. A don't know if I'll be able to take on a full-length sequel in a similar fashion.

Just got to Act 4 in Risen. I'm trying to finish it up, since the sequel doesn't seem to far off. I really enjoy the combat and story in this game.

So is the big complaint about Act 4 that all the monastery folks are attacking me? It is pretty lame. I was expecting the crazy red eye guy to go nuts on me though. I literally just started act 4, so I guess I will see what is up.

I'm not experiencing this issue, maybe your hardware just wasn't up to the task ?

I do agree with people who said the color scheme for AP isn't all that great, but other than that it looks fine (read: not great, but not bad).

I play AP on the 360 and the texture load in is THE worst I've seen in any game, let alone any game using the Unreal 3 Engine. Mass Effect 1 also had this problem, but it was no where near as bad and ME 2 all but removed the problem.

Like I said, it isn't too bad if you are loading a level that starts with control of Mike in a gameplay situation. It looks horrendous though when it loads a cutscene like Leland interrogating Mike and it takes literally 30 seconds to a minute for character face textures to load. This also causes problems when sorting through weapons at the computer, as the game pauses for a moment every time I switch through the weapons and the game needs a second or two to load the gun texture.

Guest Slinky
Currently playing STALKER Call of Pripyat Complete myself, and darn it's purdy. Still fun as ever. >_<

The Complete mod is apparently pretty buggy, many has reported about bugged quests. Hopefully you fare better.

Playing Minecraft and World of Tanks while waiting Witcher 2.

Shogun total war 2. I've already beat the game as Shimazu on hard, which was quite manageable, now trying on Takeda which practically impossible. Every turn is a near disaster. No real income except from looting, the minute i try to upgrade something it get's raided, all the looting means no one wants to ally or trade, and my generals are so disloyal I have to order them to commit seppuku every other turn. It's going to end much like Kagemusha, bushwhacked in Kai province.

@Hurlshot. Wait until you get at the end boss. It's not so much a fight as constantly trying and failing to figure out what it is the game want's you to do. Did anyone bother to finish that, spoil me.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

@Hurlshot. Wait until you get at the end boss. It's not so much a fight as constantly trying and failing to figure out what it is the game want's you to do. Did anyone bother to finish that, spoil me.

The final boss was bad, but are you seriously telling me you failed to do what the game prompts/tutorial told you to do? >_<

The Complete mod is apparently pretty buggy, many has reported about bugged quests. Hopefully you fare better.

I did encounter one bug that prevented me from going back to Zaton, fixed it by rolling back to a save about 20 minutes before that.

Nothing worse than other mods I've tried, had one bug when questmarkers would'nt update properly, so by the end my minimap had about 5-6 markers following my character around.

It does'nt work at all with systems that does'nt have 4GB's of RAM and 64-bit OS's it seems.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's a common issue with sloppy console ports using UE3. Mass Effect is the same.

This is one I'm not getting into PERIOD!

This isn't a case of sloppy porting.

You're just a big wuss.... ya wuss! Come on and show us that you've got a pair, you pommy bastard! :*

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My only hesitation with regard to Portal 2 is how the original gave me motion sickness. I had great fun playing it, but I could only do so for about 45 minutes before I started feeling ill. The first was short enough that I could still make meaningful progress through the game and finish it within a few days of short-session gameplay. A don't know if I'll be able to take on a full-length sequel in a similar fashion.

did you try adjusting the field of view? it can create a disorienting effect if the FOV is not aligned with how you are accustomed in fps games.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Portal wasnt a full game, so it would have been daft to expect more. But the sequel is apparently a fullblown game, which may or may not be goodn instead. It's not like you would'nt get sick of physics puzzles after a few hours

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Portal wasnt a full game, so it would have been daft to expect more. But the sequel is apparently a fullblown game, which may or may not be goodn instead. It's not like you would'nt get sick of physics puzzles after a few hours

Yet you don't get sick of shooting a gun for a few hours in FPSs.. It's all about the execution, boring puzzles will kill the players' interest in less than a few hours, while interesting and intelligent co-op puzzles might keep people interested for hours on end.

Fortune favors the bald.

SQUEEEE

http://www.aperturescience.com/a/b/c/d/g/h/abcdgh/

But yeah, not playing anything right now. Instead am watching Babylon 5.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing the inFAMOUS 2 UGC(User Generated Content) Beta.

People come up with their own missions. Some of the missions were interesting and others were crappy. The question is how interested people will be in this feature after completing the story.

Also mixing it up with some Demon's Souls and Vagrant Story.

Finished Alpha Protocol.

The last mission was really miserable and I had alot of problems dealing with it. I had all my points in Stealth & Sabotage and few points in Pistol, not good when you can't sneak kill the bosses.

Portal 2 pre-loaded and waiting for release, it received 200mb patch yesterday.

While I'm waiting for that I'm playing some more Sims Medieval.

I guess I'll be playing Amnesia tonight instead of TF2.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was thinking of an early PC game today.. it was a flight simulator and you were flying in old biplanes - but it was also a strategy game where your mobile base was a giant blimp/airship and you had to conquer areas by attacking the enemy's air base.. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

Also, still playing FO:NV.

Fortune favors the bald.

After completing a replay of MotB, I'm gonna do SoZ as well. Just started up a new party, and ready to kick some butt.

Once I finish that and once the patch comes out, I think I'll start up a new character for New Vegas to be ready for any DLC that might be coming soon.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The final boss was bad, but are you seriously telling me you failed to do what the game prompts/tutorial told you to do? :ermm:

More like I got so irritated I gave up. Dance around, do X, do Y, do z, then for 2 second the boss is vulnerable - repeat 100 times. If you do anything in the wrong order you get nowhere.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.