What you did today

Gorth

Guard yer liver safe till then.

In the nicest possible way: no.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

First day of work. Feet hurt.

Signed up for classes next semesters. Realized that I may have to transfer schools for the particular history program that I desire (one focused more on asia/japan and has a japanese language program). That'll suck, but I'll just say screw it and pay the out of state tuition (most likely).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Java..hissssssss. Must be my C-nazi coworkers influencing me. :D

C might be the next one I learn; got any book recommendations?

How can you learn C AFTER any language ? Hehe. Read the White Book - http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Language...n/dp/0131103628

Or just hit up any tutorials on it. I had a boring day, so deciding to do some C exercises to make myself feel stupid.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Java..hissssssss. Must be my C-nazi coworkers influencing me. :D

C might be the next one I learn; got any book recommendations?

If you're starting out in C/C++ give C++ a go.

I found it to be quite good, and I was particularly impressed with how it covered concepts like pointers.

Once you've got the language down, C++ for games programmers is a very good book.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Can I keep your head in a jar when you crock it then? :(

Can I keep your head in a jar when you crock it then? ;(

By all means.

EDIT: Had the worst nightmare of my entire life last night. Couldn't sleep afterwards between 0100 and 0500. I dreamed that the NHS had found a way to bring my mother back from the dead - even more ill than when she died. My analysis is that the worst bit was not just the resurgent suffering, it was also the thought of having to go back to 24/7 duty mode. It didn't help that I kept trying to get the doctors to tell me how they'd managed to do it when she'd been cremated, but they said it was all too complex. Which made me angry as well as horrified. Worse still I have a really full day today and can't afford to be shambling about with these big bags under my eyes.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I watched the Redsox embarrass themselves. Sheesh.

Other than that....y'know, my life is really quite boring right now. It's a pleasant, happy kind of boring which I happen to enjoy a great deal, but nothing happens worth mentioning.

Although, I would like to complain that our tax accountant sure does charge a lot for his services. He's worth it, but jeez... ;(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

EDIT: Had the worst nightmare of my entire life last night. Couldn't sleep afterwards between 0100 and 0500. I dreamed that the NHS had found a way to bring my mother back from the dead - even more ill than when she died. My analysis is that the worst bit was not just the resurgent suffering, it was also the thought of having to go back to 24/7 duty mode. It didn't help that I kept trying to get the doctors to tell me how they'd managed to do it when she'd been cremated, but they said it was all too complex. Which made me angry as well as horrified. Worse still I have a really full day today and can't afford to be shambling about with these big bags under my eyes.

Well here's to the day turning better. And to it just being the one night like that.. When it's multiple nights that really drags you under.. ;(

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Forgot how easy the White Book is to read, too tired to do the problems in anything beyond pseudocode. Maybe I'll do that tonight. How do thoee "for game developer" books differ from a normal book teaching advanced concepts ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

As much as I'm generally a bit of a Royalist.. I have to say I'm beginning to get a touch annoyed with all the blather about the upcoming Royal Wedding.

Of course, that might be because I'm a tad suspicious/meh about the bride and her family.

Not to be snobbish or anything.

I just find the whole concept of a girl who chose her university purely on the basis of wanting to be able to meet the Prince.. the Uncle who is a well known drug supplier living in Spain.. and the parents who run an online party planning/suppliers and have the sheer taste to start producing tacky "royal couple" items to include on their website..... ;(

(Also, as a few reporters have noted.. given what said company accounts say they make..the parents are living a bit beyond their means...) ;(

Ah well. Mid-vent on that over and done with.

Tis a sunny day and various things are getting done at a slow pace.. but pushing ever onwards... (and making sure to have a fresh cup of tea to stimulate).

I just wish we got the day off like you guys. Old coworker is annoyed at the damage that "needless" holiday will do the the British economy. ;(

That's worse than my standard re-occuring nightmare where I'm back at Navy boot camp thinking I'm gonna be found out and arrested for being an RE4 who lied to enter the service, even though I never want to re-enter the service.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

As much as I'm generally a bit of a Royalist.. I have to say I'm beginning to get a touch annoyed with all the blather about the upcoming Royal Wedding.

Of course, that might be because I'm a tad suspicious/meh about the bride and her family.

Not to be snobbish or anything.

I just find the whole concept of a girl who chose her university purely on the basis of wanting to be able to meet the Prince.. the Uncle who is a well known drug supplier living in Spain.. and the parents who run an online party planning/suppliers and have the sheer taste to start producing tacky "royal couple" items to include on their website..... :lol:

(Also, as a few reporters have noted.. given what said company accounts say they make..the parents are living a bit beyond their means...) :shifty:

All evidence points to the bride simply being amazing in bed. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Thanks for the nightmare votes of sympathy. Or do I mean votes of nightmare sympathy?

Got the work done tolerably well despite problems, and toppled back into bed at 2200 last night. Which again is unusually early, and woudl normally trigger a nightmare. But I appear to have exhausted my brain for the moment and slept through perfectly peacefully.

-Elwood Blues

... The puppy keeps trying to chase/play with the cat. And then takes a dump in the hallway about 10 minutes after being out in the garden. ;)

The fun thing is my sister keeps sayign when she takes him out around her friends he's clearly already housetrained because he'll whimper at their doors to go out. :ermm:

Not if he dies in 5 or 10 years. Never know, man. My aunt continually depresses me with that, I'll say how work is a bit tedious, then she'll mention "Well, you've only got 40 more years...". Hah. Found out one of my aunts has breast cancer, second relative in as many years to have it, so need to take my manager hostage to get time off for that. Why can't it be my **** relatives that get cancer ? :banghead:

Edited by Malcador