What are you playing now?

Tigranes

Just got DC Universe Online for PS3, which is the first time I've ever bought an MMO.

I hear it's so bad not even MMO fans like it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The trailer probably cost more and took longer to make than the actual game.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Just got DC Universe Online for PS3, which is the first time I've ever bought an MMO.

I hear it's so bad not even MMO fans like it.

Got decent reviews, a friend's playing it and won't shut the hell up about it. But will have to give it maybe 2-3 more weeks for the shine to come off.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Now CoHO is shutting down I've started playing modded CoH Eastern Front and Op. Market Garden.

OMG is a persistent world mod where you make your own unit in a style reminiscent of the Close Combat games - i.e. no resource points and base-building. It turns CoH on it's head - I thought I was quite good until now.

sonsofgygax.JPG

DC:O was... ok. Not great but not a heaping pile of smelly stuff. I played the beta a bit and in general the biggest issue was the control scheme for PC and targeting system (often I'd find myself shooting something a block away when somebody was slapping my face). Also I couldn't help but feel that any way I made my character it wouldn't be heroish because of how they set up the powers.

You've got a primary power set (brawling, pistol, AR, swords etc) and a secondary (fire, ice, magic and poison I think). Thing is, you can't play Batman because of the secondary, and you can't play Superman for the same reasons. The entire point of the game is to play a super hero, but you can't help but feel thrown because one minute you're slinging a bow, the next you're making your body vent fire...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I played the beta a bit and in general the biggest issue was the control scheme for PC and targeting system (often I'd find myself shooting something a block away when somebody was slapping my face).

I have the same issue on PS3 with my dual pistols character.

You've got a primary power set (brawling, pistol, AR, swords etc) and a secondary (fire, ice, magic and poison I think). Thing is, you can't play Batman because of the secondary, and you can't play Superman for the same reasons. The entire point of the game is to play a super hero, but you can't help but feel thrown because one minute you're slinging a bow, the next you're making your body vent fire...

To play as Batman:

TEAM: Hero

MENTOR: Batman

POWER: Gadgets

WEAPON: Martial Arts

MOVEMENT: Acrobatics

OMG is a persistent world mod where you make your own unit in a style reminiscent of the Close Combat games - i.e. no resource points and base-building. It turns CoH on it's head - I thought I was quite good until now.

oh, piqued my interest :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Currently playing Dead Space 2, so far loving it

Specially the return to the Ishimura, so much nostalgia. Best game moment of the year so far

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Best of the year so far

love it when people say that in the first 2 months ;)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Hang on, is DKS = Divinity 2? They have some screwed up version system at the moment.

But Steam is no-go for me, FNV was enough.

Actually DKS = remastered divinity 2 + addon/dlc Flames of vengeance, so you actually get to finish the story of your dragon knight.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Resident Evil 5 is finished. I admit that I have certain prejudge towards so called "pure" console games. I haven't really played 'em, only seen my friends play 'em or maybe in speed runs or let's play videos. I read the reviews but they are obviously written from console gamers perspective. I've played a lot of console ports lately (well, almost all big budget titles nowadays are console ports) but Resident Evil 5 hits your face like slippery fish. I was certain that I might be bit too pessimist in my views about the console games but when you play game like Resident Evil 5... damn, I have been too optimistic.

This game is like poster-child of everything I hate about games. It's like anti-game for me. From hideously bad plot, to broken combat mechanics, this game has everything. I literally can't belive that is award winning multi-million brand. Quicktime events with sudden deaths? Hell, I died multiple in one level (boss fight INSIDE volcano) because I couldn't hit fast enough, number of times enough F, V, A or D keys in order to PUNCH several ton solid rock into lava flow so that my computer controlled companion could escape. That scene was so bizarre that I couldn't tell if I'm doing right thing or not.

What about "too many endings" or rather, how many freaking tiems I have to fight this same end boss, watch overly-dramatic cutscenes (with quicktime events of course), awkward pauses, pointing guns but not shooting (because talking is important)... When you finally get chance to kill boss last time, you'll run out of ammo ;) . Good thing you can visit store after you die, yeah, that don't break flow at all. But, even after nice warm bath in lava, boss still ain't dead (I'm walking away IRL).. another quicktime event. You still have to bazooka the boss. All and all, without a doubt the WORST boss fight I've experienced in any game in the past 30 years.

The good things? I liked the graphics and especially female models (your stupid AI companion and that cliche evil rich girl). I can't think of anything else, I might need to wash my brains with bleach.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame - picked up The Saxons DLC while it was on sale and thought I'd give it another go for a bit (The Druid DLC is on my to-get list but I'll wait until it drops in price or I finish with this one).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Currently playing Dead Space 2, so far loving it

Specially the return to the Ishimura, so much nostalgia. Best game moment of the year so far

It's really slow to start, with the story not beginning until Chapter 6. But I actually enjoyed DS2, something I cant say about the first game, which I abandoned after two hours.

Doing my definitive DAO run to prepare for DA2. Mages and Dwarves down. Doing the Haven temple now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished DS2, damn that UberMorph. I swear that my neighbor must had though I was killing someone.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Skipped through GTA IV (Revenge ending) and the Lost and Damned.

Then got a bug to play Total War again... last time this happened I quit playing rome only because the game crashed any time I got into a fight. I tried some Napoleon but honestly, the guns and gun combat feels more boring than melee combat. Ended up picking up Mid2 on steam with Kingdoms for 10 bucks (I own it at home... *sigh*)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Finished DS2, damn that UberMorph. I swear that my neighbor must had though I was killing someone.

Unkillable enemies are poopie. I wanted to walk around and look at the scenery but there I was being chassed by a twelve-eyed freak all the way through the level.

Unkillable enemies are poopie. I wanted to walk around and look at the scenery but there I was being chassed by a twelve-eyed freak all the way through the level.

Actually, I found out that you can kill him if you push him against the big fan at the end of one corridor. Still I was very pissed when after swaddling through vacuum, filled with exhausts shooting fire, the guy was still after me.

village_idiot.gif

Moving on to Divinity 2:DKS, what an awful combat system. Lovely game, great atmosphere, every time I kill something it takes the fun out it.

Are there any mods to change this?

village_idiot.gif