Dragon Age 2

Gorth

Better than blowing up the nth Collector cluster... for me at least. :ermm:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Of course I also think the Wardens and the Darkspawn are the lamest part of the DA universe, so having an entire game set around that stuff didn't help me much.

On that note, has Bioware said how much stuff DA2 is going have about wardens or the darkspawn? I've seen no detailed info.

Of course I also think the Wardens and the Darkspawn are the lamest part of the DA universe, so having an entire game set around that stuff didn't help me much.

On that note, has Bioware said how much stuff DA2 is going have about wardens or the darkspawn? I've seen no detailed info.

I would guess that they will expand a bit on the whole darkspawn getting smarter and developing independent thought, which I find interesting enough. I'm hoping they are done with the Wardens. The fact that our protagonist hasn't been mentioned as a warden gives me great hope.

With regards to the dual-wielding warrior thing (or not, if you see what I mean) it seems like a bit of a throwback to old-skool D&D. Sadly, the bad bits of old-skool D&D (2E). Arbitrary rules there to 'make the class more distinct' and reinforce a mistake, in this case the poor class implementation.

I'd have had more time for them if they'd got rid of the classes altogether, or made the classes a base skills template you can mix and match from later. As for the straight-jacketed NPCs skills / equipment choice, as Gromnir points out it's Bio painting a restriction as an innovation.

DaRk HEroiC FaNTAsy!!!!

sonsofgygax.JPG

I don't particularly care about dual-wielding as such, as long as there are other meaningful choices. Complaining about dual-wielding is like complaining about Torment not having swords; it might have become an industry standard to include it, but when you get down to it, it's just one choice you can have, and the important thing is that you have meaningful stuff to choose from, not what those choices are.

That said, while DA:O had quite alot of talents for all styles, the problem was that many of those were bugged or badly designed. I wouldn't mind it if there were less talents, if they're more useful and fun to play with now.

I don't particularly care about dual-wielding as such, as long as there are other meaningful choices. Complaining about dual-wielding is like complaining about Torment not having swords;

nope. in torment the game did not have swords... but if the developers had inexplicably given swords only to the thief class to make thief gameplay more appealing, THEN you would have an analogous situation. and it would be similarly perplexing and stoopid as the da situation.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I wouldn't expect the wardens and the darkspawn to be a major part of the story. They haven't' been mentioned and the only time we know you encounter them is before you head to kirkwall. The invading qunari, and the conflict between the mages and the Chantry seem to be the largest concerns.

That said, I'm sure we'll encounter darkspawn in the Deep Roads.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

wasn't it strictly rangers in 2E?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

wasn't it strictly rangers in 2E?

no. rangers were the only ones that got dw for free as a class feature... which never made any sense. were the frequent ridiculed "drizz't rule."

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

well, Drizzt is pretty cool, can't deny it :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

don't know who this Elric character is, but I don't think it's fair to compare Drizzt and Geralt. they're cool for different reasons.

Walsingham said:

...Okay, enlighten me, what is supposed to be the connection between those three characters beside the white hair? If anything, I'd compare Raistlin Majere (curse me for listening to a friend's advice and reading Dragonlance, some of the worst literature I've ever had the displeasure to read) to Elric of Melnibon

Geralt of Rivia

I was thinking the other day that Fenris is a great deal like Geralt.

screenshot-09-fenris-p.jpg

Both have white hair

Both are brooding and stoic

Both have amnesia

Both have had magical experiments performed on them

Both use two-handed swords

Both have 'wolf' names

My first thought was that David turned Geralt into a pretty elf dude to watch fangirls suddenly flock to him while Witcher fans scoff at such a lame character. I'm probably giving him too much credit.

If Fenris is sterile and his former Tevineter master is a busty redhead, I'll be amused.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

In addition to being dubbed 'the white wolf', he uses a black meteorite two-hander called stormbringer that actually eats souls, how cool is that. He also has an eye implant that allows him to see into the shadow plane, although it's called something else, and summon undead allies.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

S'yeah, the DLC char seems to be the similarly revenge-disposed archer from Awakening (Howe's son... CBA to look his name up) warmed up. I'm normally in the camp that says comparing reductions and dubbing them clones is silly, but come on.

And yeah, I guess I could probably have written that more clearly, but that's too demanding now, as well. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif