RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Maria Caliban

never liked the original game. but if they nail the survival thing, I'll probably grab it

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"I meant people paying $5000 a month for a game. Obviously they're addicts being exploited by EA."

Jay Leno is an addict that car companies take advantage of as he spends millions on cars he never even uses.

You shouldn't throw the word addict around without actual evidence. What happens if the people spending $5K cana fford it and it is a small amount of their money?

People have the right to spend their money on what they want without being trashed for it becasuse someone dissaproves. tsk, tsk.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What happens if the people spending $5K cana fford it and it is a small amount of their money?

they're obviously not right in the head, because there's a million different ways of spending one's money better than this :sorcerer:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yeah, real cunning. Either that or they just made mistakes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hah, possible but I think they just don't know how to write a story. o:)

When comparing 2 to 1 you notice that they just seemed to have given up at some point in two.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

not for me, I like resident evil. though for the record, imo dead space is not as good as resident evil 1-5 and code veronica.

i still liked it though, i'll probably buy dead space 2 when it drops to $20.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

That's a fair comparison, is there supposed to be something wrong with it being like Resident Evil?

For me, yes, but that's just my personal opinion.

My actual problem with Dead Space was that it was supposed to be a horror game, but the best it managed was bad controls and jump scares. Also it was about twice as long as it should have been.

My actual problem with Dead Space was that it was supposed to be a horror game, but the best it managed was bad controls and jump scares. Also it was about twice as long as it should have been.

Yeah, not so much horror and the jump scares got old pretty quick. Was still a fun game though, but then I'm a sucker for games where you explore old ruins and derelict space ships. Not too many of those around. As for the controls, they were so horrible I went out and bought an xbox360 controller for my PC. Still not good, but better.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You can fix the gimped mouse aiming by forcing Vsync off. The movement controls were also "tailored" to make the game scarier or harder, which I always hate.

Dead Space was a giant kitchen sink of cool ideas like the dismemberment, the "gravity gun", the "freeze ray" and the zero-g environments. I feel that none of those ideas were exploited to their full potential. Just the dismemberment could have had different effects on different monsters, such as cutting the wrong place leading to two monsters or having to cut through something to get to the squishy bits. It ended up just being a Top Chef: Necromorph Sushi Special. Also, the enemy diversity was pretty bad with new, more tan versions of older monsters showing up and requiring more weapon spamming to dismember.

As for exploring ruins and derelict space ships, that's what half of horror-ish games are about, if not a portion of all games.

I quite enjoyed the "tactical dismemberment" bits, coupled with the ambushes and the closed environments it made for a good experience. Plus the zero g was excellently implemented. On the weapons side I felt a little disappointed, half of what I was using wasn't meant for combat and it was painfully obvious and the weapon modding failed.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I loved the camera and the slow movement in Dead space. Never had problems with controls or mouse and the regenerating boss was scary. So i don't know if i'll get DS2 now that everything is speed up.

1.13 killed off Ja2.