Dragon Age 2

Nepenthe

In Morrowind you aren't the chosen one, but you could be depending on which side you choose to believe.

I always tended to believe it, given that you have a god helping you out. But I do like me some ambiguity.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

In Morrowind you aren't the chosen one, but you could be depending on which side you choose to believe.

I always tended to believe it, given that you have a god helping you out. But I do like me some ambiguity.

You mean Azura? Not exactly a god, and (s)he clearly had her own agenda, namely taking down the Tribunal for stealing away her people's worship and humiliating her. She created the prophecy in the first place, you're just the first "chosen one" of many that doesn't fail.

In the game you're being played as a fiddle by the Emperor, a Daedric Lord, Vivec and even Dagoth Ur to a point. It would be rage-worthy, if you didn't become so awesome that Bethesda had to send you off to Akavir in Oblivion.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Right, ambiguity. If an immortal spirit from another dimension with a long history of influencing mortals is actively worshipped, it's a god. And if they talk to you personally, there's some special going on.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

For a BioWare game, Dragon Age: Origins was mild when it comes to ego stroking. However, it helps that I played Mass Effect first. Though I thought Sten's 'I will not seek you on the field of battle' bit was nice.

That said, it's been awhile since I saw 'the chosen one' in any RPG.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Holy ****, White Drizz't is overtaking even Tali as the biggest Bioboards wank object. Creepy.

Pics? :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Making of Dragon Age 2, part 1

According to Chris, they just had 20 journalists from around the world at the BioWare Edmonton Studios playing the game itself (not the demo) and interviewing the developers. We can expect a bunch of new previews before the end of the month.

Holy ****, White Drizz't is overtaking even Tali as the biggest Bioboards wank object. Creepy.

Fangirls are scary, yes.

2ccoyfq.jpg

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

2ccoyfq.jpg

Whole crew in this picture?

;)

That picture reminds me of small raid party and everyone wear clownsuit armor (in World of Warcraft). Clownsuit armor happend when everyone just went for the best stats in gear and obviously just about every piece of armor was from different set. Character model design are still horrible so I guess those are probably complite sets and designers are just blind or play some kind of cruel joke on everyone.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Bioboards, they will sign you to other people's account and give yours to some russian dude that changes the setting.

Goddammit BW. >_<

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Bioboards: a very disturbing corner of the internet.

LMAO... too funny.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

The Making of Dragon Age 2, part 1

According to Chris, they just had 20 journalists from around the world at the BioWare Edmonton Studios playing the game itself (not the demo) and interviewing the developers. We can expect a bunch of new previews before the end of the month.

Fangirls are scary, yes.

2ccoyfq.jpg

They can be yes... >_< that aside, my issue with the screen shot is the models looks plastic.. fake.. like barbie dolls. Anyone on the bioware dev team hear of this new technology called bump mapping? It can fix this issue.. it really can... I know amazing right? And to think its only been around for 8 yrs or so...

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

The animation still looks god awful on some characters - namely that weird elf(?) woman to the left in the middle of doing god knows what with her arms. At least the shoulder pads don't look as silly.

Am I the only one who thinks DA's engine was particularly weak? It doesn't look all that better in DA2 either.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Is bump mapping still used today?

It's normal mapping now. They're pretty much the same thing.

Or maybe Crytek has found some new way to do it called bling-mapping. I wouldn't know. >_<

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's normal mapping now. They're pretty much the same thing.

All these years my life has been a lie, always believing one doesn't do mesh distortion and the other one does :o

I'll drown my sorrow in mocha >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein