What you did today

Pidesco

Some of the family have been having brushes with flu the past week..and today it seems it's decided to land on me.

Drinking a hot cup of hot tea and trying to ignore it for the moment, hoping it doesn't go full-blown.

Hm, and for the random trivia for the day.. "jerky" (as in the food type) is the single word in the English language..that originally comes from Quechuan spoken in South America.

Hm, and for the other slightly random, but kind of humerous.. The Fins invented the "molotov ****tail". Named after the petrol bombs they used against the Russians. Named after the Russian minister who kept assuring the world that the cluster bombs they were dropping on the fins were in fact "food parcels". So the Fins turned it into a joke with "here's a ****tail to go with your breadbasket"...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, 'cept we generally refer to ourselves as "Finns", fins being the thing you see on a fish. ;)

My apologies.. I dropped an n without thinking... :p

So, apart from fixing Raithe's spelling, I spent another day writing a job application. To a "bread & butter" lawyer job. I was quite enthused writing it, but now feel like I've been hit by the dream crusher perk. Working 5 years of low-paid high-experience yield jobs to apply to a place where I could have gone... 5 years ago. Of course, I can now ask for twice more than I could have five years ago, but it's local, meaning gross is half of what I could theoretically get in a civilised country, while getting ass-reamed with taxes in the way only a single man in Finland can get. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah, 'cept we generally refer to ourselves as "Finns", fins being the thing you see on a fish. >_<

:lol:>_< >_<

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I hope my professor comes through and tells the administration that I did indeed attend his class so I can not have to deal with this financial aid stuff

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Mentally preparing for another long week of dull work, gotta hate Sundays. Although it's like Office Space in that I only do 15 minutes of actual work.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I hope my professor comes through and tells the administration that I did indeed attend his class so I can not have to deal with this financial aid stuff

Did you? Through most of my time at FAU I was notorious for showing up only on test nights.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Did you? Through most of my time at FAU I was notorious for showing up only on test nights.

Yeah, I just ended up failing the course due to stupid mistakes, and the teacher didn't take attendance in any form.

Kept waking up throughout the night in sweats..very little sleep had. So morning arrived and I crawled out of bed feeling shattered and generally icky.

Still, a cup of tea always helps. But guh, kicking my brain into order is taking some effort.

Had my last physio session today as I'm told my form is definitely improved (I'm also down almost two belt notches on four months ago).

My physio was charmingly apologetic about missing my gig, as she'd had problem with her laser eye surgery (possibly a lie, but an extravagant one). And she asked for the number of my teacher and the charity and said we might meet up.

Altogether quite pleasing, if inconclusive. :*:)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well work sucks, who knew banks would have so much bureaucracy when it comes to running a vendor script in a test environment. At least the girl at the coffee shop already had my coffee ready when I showed up (always at 10 am) - saved some time, so not a totally awful day.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had my last physio session today as I'm told my form is definitely improved (I'm also down almost two belt notches on four months ago).

My physio was charmingly apologetic about missing my gig, as she'd had problem with her laser eye surgery (possibly a lie, but an extravagant one).

Par for the course. 70 % chance she never intended to show up, 29 % chance something else, like Eastenders, came up and distracted her. 1 % chance of being true - but then again, that applies to anything women say.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Just finished the first draft of the first professional / academic type of short paper I've written in many a year. Realising I need to tighten up my standards a bit... and my warped humour is pondering just how many "buzz" words I could try fitting in it if I really made the effort..

How many excuses do you get to throw around terms like "visualisation" "transformative processes" and such... :)

For the random news type of thing..

Combat Barbie to return to Afghanistan

Last year's "Miss England" is back in the army and all set for a return to duty...

Now I've known a few squaddies, and while she's been decorated for bravery, how much schtick is she going to deal with for being Miss England?

I'm going to have a prostate exam, a doctor is going to stick his hand where the sun don't shine. So this is getting old....

Youre not old enough to have that done as a routine check, something amiss?

Cancer runs in the family, it's just prudent, or maybe I'm paranoid. I'll find out in a week.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

That's a bummer Gorgon, but better safe than sorry, I suppose.

I believe my first prostrate exam was in my early twenties. Took me a bit by surprise. I haven't had one in about 8 years though, but I check 'em on a regular basis myself.

Remember folks, you lower your risks of prostrate cancer by regularly firing the cannon, if you get my drift. o:)

Well, just got back from my first class of the new semester... and my teacher is SOOO much better than before!

That's a bummer Gorgon, but better safe than sorry, I suppose.

I believe my first prostrate exam was in my early twenties. Took me a bit by surprise. I haven't had one in about 8 years though, but I check 'em on a regular basis myself.

Ill probably hate myself for asking this but, you check your own prostrate? o:)

No.. do not answer that if the answer is yes Gorgon, I do not want that image in my head!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

To totally change the topic (hopefully for the better), after this mornings rather rough start, I've managed a rather pleasant evening. A friend wanted to do a movie night.. So watched the film "Red" in the conservatory, smoking some cuban cigars he brought back from his last trip to south america and enjoying some croft port.

An entertaining film and pleasantly buzzed from the booze.

Edit: What's kind of annoying is that I'm buzzed enough to consider changing the order for the family tv to the 46 inch even though its a couple of hundred quid more... but not buzzed enough to not recognise that I'm considering it mostly due to the alcohol rather then any practical reason.

Edited by Raithe