What you did today

Pidesco

It is also a nice that golf is a sport you can play well into old age without a tremendous change in your skill. It isn't really about strength, my worst hits tend to be when I try to overpower the ball. I plan on playing Ice Hockey as long as possible, but I know it will get much harder eventually.

It's a decent activity for us old fogies :shifty:

I have a new favorite word: kugelblitz.

Footie and snooker don't sound very manly. They sound like characters on The Jersey Shore.

:thumbsup::lol: :lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Footie and snooker don't sound very manly. They sound like characters on The Jersey Shore.

Aren't they? :thumbsup:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Aren't they? :huh:

We'll have to bow before your superior knowledge of the subject matter...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It is also a nice that golf is a sport you can play well into old age without a tremendous change in your skill. It isn't really about strength, my worst hits tend to be when I try to overpower the ball. I plan on playing Ice Hockey as long as possible, but I know it will get much harder eventually.

It's a decent activity for us old fogies :huh:

I used to play pick-up hockey with two guys who were well into their 60s, maybe even 70s.

I booked my wife and I an all inclusive stay at a resort in Puerto Vallarta today.

I'd better get to the fake and bake studio soon, lest I become a boy lobster on day one.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Me and the GF decided to move in together and are now looking for apartments.. Happy and worried in a perfectly manly way :huh:

Congratz.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Got back from Ireland yesterday. The trip can be expertly summarised to around 70% by the song

. Withe remaining 30% consisting of boiled ham, irish whisky, fog, and bad driving.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Been catching up on some gaming time while the family is spread out and enjoying the season. After all the cooking of the week, decided to go easy and just had indian takeaway for tonight. Ah, just kicking back, watching an old episode of John Doe and nibbling away at some fresh Peshwari..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yesterday bought a 2nd internal 1TB hard-drive to contain all my video stuff, which I've been getting more and more into, now that I have a PC that can handle them (not just game vids, but home vid stuff too)...don't like it all on the main drive and my 1TB external is good for weekly backups but too slow (thru the USB) for media stuff.

At the moment, after some housework, sitting on my arse feeling chilly and a bit bored. Tonight going to get some Hawaiian BBQ and watch Cage ham it up in the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I recieved an unsolicited job offer yesterdy It's with the same comapny I've been with for a year and a half now, but it is a big step up. Instead of designing radio networks and tower mounted assemblies in the mid-south region this would be a national job dealing with FCC compliance and spectrum planning for the whole comapny. It's a pretty big raise too. There is just oe problem, and it is a big problem for me, the job is in Washington DC. Yep. Mordor-on-the-Potomac. I'd have to sell my house and move. I'm not sure I want to do that. They agreed to give me some time to think it over. It's going to be a long weekend.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Aw, Washington ain't so bad. And if it is, I've met people who commute all the way in from West Virginia.

Anyhow, congratulations on the offer-- even if you don't accept it, it's a nice compliment on your work.

But then somebody would have to take care of the dogs and such, no? It would be tricky whatever happens, though perhaps you can work something out GD. Even if you let this one go sooner or later you'll get another offer like this.

So the tv which had partially gone just before christmas, but managed to limp through is now really, most sincerely dead... so the rest of the family keep hitting me up for explanations of current tech specs and what does what as they look at new tvs. Of course, my mother keeps doing these Tim the Toolman impressions of "More Power!" and "Size matters!" but mostly she's kind of giggling over the idea of having a bigger/better tv downstairs then dad has in his room upstairs.. (family politics, what can I say..).. Either way it'll probably end up going on my card and then other people giving me some cash towards it...

Hm, and of course right at this moment the dishwasher has decided its running on its last legs..the Dyson isn't picking up properly, the Microwave keeps having cobby moments.. and the Oven is being slightly tempermental at times.... I foresee this being an expensive upcoming new year..

I recieved an unsolicited job offer yesterdy It's with the same comapny I've been with for a year and a half now, but it is a big step up. Instead of designing radio networks and tower mounted assemblies in the mid-south region this would be a national job dealing with FCC compliance and spectrum planning for the whole comapny. It's a pretty big raise too. There is just oe problem, and it is a big problem for me, the job is in Washington DC. Yep. Mordor-on-the-Potomac. I'd have to sell my house and move. I'm not sure I want to do that. They agreed to give me some time to think it over. It's going to be a long weekend.

You mean like a system architect, or just compliance monitor?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And on that slightly random solication for advice..

TV's... LED or LCD?

I've seen a batch of people complaining about how LED tv's can have odd lightbleed from the edges which ruined their enjoyment, but some say it settles in a week or two.. Anyone have any experience or advice?

Given the markup, LEDs aren't worth it at all. Unless all you want is a sexy looking screen to impress your friends, of course. As for LCDs, they're the most cost effective tech at smaller screens.

However, if you're going for the larger screen sizes then Plasma is the obvious choice. Given all the recent improvements in plasma technology, the only thing still that's really a problem with plasma screens is energy consumption.

Heja Sverige!!

... And the fact that apparently fewer and fewer companies are making plasma. It's pretty much down to Panasonic now, right? I must have been really unlucky with Plasmas, since I've never seen one I would have preferred over my own Sony W4000 lcd.

Anyway, http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/ is a good resource, especially on this side of the pond. I have no idea what their updating frequency is these days, they seem to have slowed down a bit recently.

Thank you all for the encouraging words. The job will be managerial, in short the responsibilities include reviewing the design plans of people like me, and submitting the package for FCC (or FAA with regard to physical tower construction) approval, and dealing with each agency ias the need arises in day to day operations. Basicly I'd be one of the people I always complain does not know their head from their...well, you get the idea.

The dogs are my biggest concern. I have nine now ( a few of the elderly ones have passed away recently) and the are all fairly old and large so an apartment is not really a consideration. Apparently the "housing crisis" did not hit the DC metro area, I've gotten sticker shock looking on realtor.com for houses with land. I'd like to keep my place not but it has a pretty hefty mortgage, I don't think I could handle two of them. The other thing is I've got a side business going that i starting to do pretty well and I really enjoy it. I could take it with me easily enough but I'd need a house that could accomedate it, which means privacy, a little land and no pesky zoning questions.

Enoch, how bad would the commute be from Pax River to Wheaton/Aspen Hill? That where the office is. I know Pax River a little bit, around the Navy Base at least, there are some nice rual areas out that way.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Panasonic plasmas are the best ones, but they're not the only ones to make plasmas. LG and Samsung also make plasmas, at least.

The difference is that plasmas nowadays are only available from 42" and up.

Heja Sverige!!

Panasonic plasmas are the best ones, but they're not the only ones to make plasmas. LG and Samsung also make plasmas, at least.

I guess I should have qualified my statement with "good plasmas". There used to be two, Panasonic and Pioneer, now, kind of like in Highlander, there is only one. In LCDs at least Samsung and Sony generally can compete with each other...