FO: NV (Spoilers)

I've found a lot of unique weapons by now. Even a unique BB gun (that I can't force myself to throw away, no matter how useless it is). Playing the game with a low str character and hardcore rules on is not very convenient when you can't throw away your named weapons.

I read that someone in this thread had 5000 rounds of ammo. That's ridiculous! I usually manage to have around 150-200 rounds for my favourite weapons (Ratslayer, Gobi sniper) before I run out of weight. It irks me that stimpaks doesn't have any weight. Is that a bug or a crappy feature?

I still haven't found any Anti Material weapons with unique names (or otherwise) in the wild. But I haven't gone to any difficult areas yet. The stone quarry with the Alpha deathclaw is probably the most difficult so far. I refuse to buy them from a shop though. That definitely feels like cheating.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I lost ED-E's entire inventory (tons of ammo, unique weapons & some armour) when he returned after turning him in for his quest. I raged.

About gambling: has anyone managed to win anything with roulette? My high LCK character can easily win tons of money with slots or blackjack, but with roulette it doesn't seem to work.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I haven't even *met* Veronica yet, and I'm level 25.

Veronica is the third companion in the main quest's path. She's at 188, which is on the way between Novac and Boulder.

188 isn't part of the main quest's path (At least, I'm to The House Always Wins, II and haven't been ordered there) . I've managed to explore... *loads game* *counts* 103 locations but no location 188.

I'm not saying you get ordered there, just that it's between two locations that quest locations. Between Boulder and Novac. I'm actually very surprised that you missed it, unless the soldiers scared you so you snuck by.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tri-Laser isn't a very good rifle. why not Q-35? it's easy to get (relatively)

Because Q-35 isn't a laser. If I wanted to use plasma, I'd use the plasma defender, which is higher DAM than the Q-35.

For soft target, I would get a gatling laser instead of a RCW or tri-beam. That makes a good compliment with gauss rifle since you avoid having the same ammunitions for the different weapons.

Edit : RCW uses ECP, so that would be a valid choice.

Using the same ammunition for both weapons is a good thing. Having to try to guess how much I'll need for each weapon sucks. And the Gatling Laser is too heavy. Thanks for reminding me that the RCW uses different ammo. Tri-Beam it is!

Edited by Tale

oh, I though that RCW or whatever was a plasma weapon. what about the AE-something prototype?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

AER14 might be good. I remembered not liking it when I got it because I was using the Laser Rifle for sniping. But it has a higher crit chance than the tri-beam.

So I noticed someone on the Beth boards saying that after you do their quests, companions can die even in non-hardcore mode? Is this true or was the person just mistaken/full of it.

I tried picking up ED-E, took him to the junkyard, talked to the lady, and ED-E spewed out a msg., but the quest log didn't change. There's no more map indicator, it's not completed, no new message, nothing. Oh well? I find his constant little gear-whine noise following behind me a bit annoying anyway. It reminds me of that sound TV's & lightbulbs make.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had EDE with me throughout the whole Arcade's quest, and there were no new messages despite words "enclave" and such being repeated over and over

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I've had Ed-E with me from the beginning, my little metallic mule. His quest is triggered at various points during the game, and it's just a short radio message from someone transmitting through him. So no, there are no quest markers to begin with.. they come later.

Ed-E is the only character I can stand having with me because he's always quiet. Except for that low whirring sound.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No, they were stealth devices in the original games too, not cannons. :shifty:

But seriously yeah they were in.

Thanks. I found him exploring and it felt alien, like I was playing Halo.

They din't work in Helios.

Sorry PS3 text limit, I don't want to double post.

My high LCK character can easily win tons of money with slots or blackjack, but with roulette it doesn't seem to work.

They probably din't code luck that way, there's 37 little holes anyway, so if you had ten times the normal chance of winning the odds are still against you.

Ed-E is the only character I can stand having with me because he's always quiet. Except for that low whirring sound.

I love him, the sound lets me know he's there, I found Boone but he doesn't look like a dude that wants a companion so I let him be.

Edited by Irrelevant

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

So I was going to investigate the Silver Rush for Cass who was getting impatient with me delaying to acquire evidence; the guard asked me to leave behind all my weapons at the door, which I didn't exactly protest against since my character has 100 Speech, but then upon entering some guy thanked me for bringing Cass to him, a previously unknown quest updated (lolwut?) and suddenly everyone wanted to kill her and me.

Hence out-of-the-blue I was caught unarmed in a firefight with 8 goons or so. The only that was missing, was the door locking behind me, Alpha Protocol-style. I had to run outside, where my guns magically re-equipped and killed everyone upon re-entering (the goons mostly carried energy weapons, which thankfully suck balls in this game).

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

If you work for the guys at the Silver Rush, they eventually ask you to bring Cassidy to them. I guess that if you don't work for them at all, they take the initiative if she shows up.

ED-E has words that trigger audio messages, but I think there is some delay betzeen the trigger and the message. I think the second or third message is an invitation, so you where to go. I've also used it for almost all the game but a very short period where I used Rex.

I like its small music when it spots an enemy. It reminds me of some old pc games battle musics.

I'd rather use weapons that don't share the same ammo because the unique gauss rifle I'm using is killing my stock of MFC. 4 MFC per shot is a lot. But in the end, I'm almost only using it.

The perk 'pack rat' is very useful when in hardcore to carry ammo, food, water. The effect can go up to 50-100 lb of weight gain.

Oh yeah, speaking of Cassidy. I was rather glad I didn't have to wipe out the entire Crimson Caravan. Just a late night throat slit and we're good.

Mister Sandman is one of the best perks in the game. I was able to clear out half of Vault 3 without anyone getting wise. I also cleared out the Great Khan encampment this way, too. I'm thinking about sneaking into the Fort at night.

Edited by Tale

If you work for the guys at the Silver Rush, they eventually ask you to bring Cassidy to them. I guess that if you don't work for them at all, they take the initiative if she shows up.

No. You can even run with Cass to the Silver Rush when you have the quest to bring her there. As long as you don't talk to Babtiiiiss, nothing will happen.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

No. You can even run with Cass to the Silver Rush when you have the quest to bring her there. As long as you don't talk to Babtiiiiss, nothing will happen.

I know what happens when you have the quest to bring her there. We're talking about if it's your first visit.

Ha! I'm slaughtering the Fort the hard way! To gain points for Boone's sidequest. :shifty:

I'm actually looking forward to those things. A lot. Very a lot. *rubs hands together*

...now that I have all the voice sound files, I've been listening to all the companion battle cries to see if any would annoy me so much I wouldn't want them. :p Cass has some funny lines ('wouldn't say no to a stimpack'), I think I'll have to try her next time. I don't like to switch my companions once chosen. I'm loyal that way. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Beat the game going with NCR. Very pleased with the game overall, but I have to say that the end-game mission might be the worst part of it for me. Why must all RPGs have a combat-fest at the end with generic dudes popping out and getting in your way? At least I got to talk down the final dude (who looked bad-ass but seemed to kinda come out of the blue).

Very pleased with the ending slides though. Believable and felt "Fallout-y" enough, definitely. An occasional oddity. For example, Lily's ending spoke of her traveling with the Courier but I only took her along for the Jacobstown quest and then left her. I guess that ending gets triggered when she joins the first time.

Really liked that they included endings for characters who died along the way, a sort of funeral speech for them. Nice touch.

Some things which would've made for logical endings were not included. Was disappointed that there were no closure on the families of the Strip (unless it's assumed that the NCR puts a stop to them all, but no mention of it). Had expected that since their quests are pretty involved.

Really enjoyed the game, definitely gonna start up another character.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

i'm doing my second playthrough and just hit level 20, so far I have found 8 quests that I never even saw last game. it's like quest heaven.

I did 3 full playthroughs and 3 halfwaythroughs of fallout 3, i have a feeling new vegas is going to go into my fallout 1, 2, final fantasy 7, and deus ex queue of being played once every year or two for the rest of my life.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I completed the "Yes Man" route last night, it was fairly satisfying,

the way Yes Man takes over the whole operation

is simultaneously annoying and hilarious.

The boss battle was standard issue Fallout but with quite a few more skill check options for bypassing combat than the previous games had, my only real negative comment is that Legate Lanius really could have used more build up in the story beyond a mention on the radio and a couple of conversations in Caesar's camp.

What really made me laugh was the option to throw

General Oliver off the dam.

:lol:

The ending slides were pretty much perfect, exactly what I was hoping to get, though for some reason I got no info about the Brotherhood, I never fully completed their questline but I did expect to hear something.

I'll be taking my time on the next run, using a slower levelling mod for sure, I left many, many things undone the first time around :p