FO: NV (Spoilers)

New Vegas spoilers thread. Post away all of the secrets that you find in the game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Final boss was dumb. The multiple possibilities at the end sound awesome, but I only saw the ending with Mr. House, which wasn't all that satisfying considering how broken the legate camp is. House has hundreds of securitrons but only spares one to help me assault and entire camp.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

yeah the final boss was a pretty big let down for me too. not nearly as awful as the last area of fo3, but still not even as cool as frank horrigan. The conversation to talk him down was 10x better than the one from fo3 though, and its more satisfying than the fight, which is actually kinda annoying. I was imagining several different end fights that were all cooler than what we got. oh well, maybe if I side with ceasar next time the end will be more fun?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

which reminds me: is there any way of getting to the other side of the Hoover Dam in the middle of the game? it's a freakin' maze, I don't want to waste hours searching for a way through if it's not possible at all

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Not possible, because on the other side is the legion. The doors are locked until the final battle.

What I personally wonder more is, if there are any non-endgame quests in Hoover Dam.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

--I like how you see fights between groups/traveling merchants sometimes & you can help or just watch & loot the bodies.

--The Legion seems like a bunch of arses. I'm not going with them this run...although at the moment I'm still neutral with both Legion & NRC.

--There are all these info notes lying around. Some I've figured out what they mean/lead to, others I haven't. Nice details.

--I found the plane crash that has this nice energy weapon next to it, but no ammo for it yet. :/

--It's fun to dash into animal caves, steal the loot I can reach and run out again before they can get me.

--Bonus perks w/silly reasons are funnyl. "You get this perk because you like to kill everything." Hah.

--radiated ghouls are fast and hit hard.

--I guess killing certain amounts of monsters like ghouls gives you fame? Is that the same as rep?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just started a new playthrough. Philip H. Dent (the H stands for SCIENCE!), focusing on science, then medicine, then PEW. 10 int, educated at level 4 for 17 skill points per level. 8 points in science every level, 5 in medicine, 4 in energy weapons. HE DOES SCIENCE! And when SCIENCE! fails, he zaps things. A lot more of the lead shooting at the beginning than I wanted, but I think I'll bring out the laser soon enough. Heck, with only 15 in guns, I'm still kicking butt due to iron sights.

I think this character will avoid the war entirely. But he'll probably piss a few people off when he starts blowing stuff up just because that's the science option.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Is there a campfire near Novac? It's my base of operations and has a workbench and reloading bench nearby, but I can't find a campfire.

try the junkyard to the north, there was a camp inside, not sure if there's a campfire though

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Btw. I feel really sad about Arcade Gannon. He felt so proud to fight in the power armor of his father at the Hoover Dam battle, just to get in the end kicked out from the Follower, hunted by ncr ranger, the brotherhood of steel and everyone else (at least in my ending). He is a really cool character and - imo - one of the best companions.

Also I loved the part with the enclave remnants. When talking about it pre-release, I really hated that the enclave comes back *again* - but Arcades quest and their appear in the endgame really changed my mind. I still have this one sentence stuck in my head... "getting in, guns blazing, showing the ncr how it's done", damn yeah. And then on the Dam, when the Vertibird comes and all the old people get out of it, fighting. Heh. Really good.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

oh wow, gotta ditch Veronica then. I can't initiate any of the companions' quests :p Veronica just won't talk. same with Boone. I looked up how to begin EDE's quest, but I've already spoken to every former Enclave employee there is, there's no way to initiate the needed dialogue with them now... someone should make a mod overhauling these quests.

EDIT: ahaha, oh boy! anyone tried repairing Rhonda before confronting Tabitha at the Black Mountain? I think the matter could've been resolved peacefully...

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

That's how I have done it first. Was sneaking into the houses, repairing the robot because I was able to and then the quest was solved.

/Edit: Heh, I just found out that activating ARCHIMEDES II while Arcade in yer party is not a good idea.

Edited by Lexx

Btw. I feel really sad about Arcade Gannon. He felt so proud to fight in the power armor of his father at the Hoover Dam battle, just to get in the end kicked out from the Follower, hunted by ncr ranger, the brotherhood of steel and everyone else (at least in my ending). He is a really cool character and - imo - one of the best companions.

I was wondering about that as in that part of the game he got seriously bugged.

Is he supposed to arrive in the vertibird or simply appear with you at the entrance to the dam with the armor?

Is it possible to complete 'I Put A Spell on You' with the NCR path after I've already talk with the spy for the Legion? Honestly, I'm fairly surprised that I couldn't just tell Hsu about the guy, even more surprised when I still got the whole 'check the tower' from that cool NCR gal that wanted me to torture the prisoner (something I did with a sadistic smile on my face), then I go check the tower, wait for the time when the guy should appear and... he doesn't. But that's not all! If I talk with the mole I can tell him that I have a lead about the spy at McCarran! WHEN WE ALREADY TOLD ME HE IS THE MOLE AND ASKED ME TO PUT THE EXPLOSIVES ON THE MONORAIL! AND HE ACTS LIKE NOTHING OF THAT HAPPENED!

...something is very wrong there.

The game doesn't respond well to you gaming both sides.

Except that it works quite well in the main quest. In fact, Josh quite right encouraged players to do that in interviews, while noting that you can't do it all the time (which is perfectly fine and I've in fact witnessed that, and it didn't bother me in the slightest).

I've got exactly the same problem. I just couldn't solve the quest in a NCR-way. It would have been so obvious to just blow that guy, but nope... game doesn't allow me. Now I wonder if that has been "forgotten" or if it is unfinished or maybe it's just a bug.

Except that it works quite well in the main quest. In fact, Josh quite right encouraged players to do that in interviews, while noting that you can't do it all the time (which is perfectly fine and I've in fact witnessed that, and it didn't bother me in the slightest).

-.-

It does, eh? Intriguing.