FO: NV (Spoilers)

Finished my second playthrough. Was level 30 this time around, tried to recruit all alies (I had two Doctor Henrys. One in an Enclave suit, one in his normal outfit), went NCR, and got more favorable outcomes for all the slides I could think of. The Alien Blaster is cheating.

This is probably the best ending for Veronica. And the Cass ending was... interesting. I want to see what Lily's is like without medication.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

While out doing stuff around Hidden Valley in the scorpion gultch area I saw this grave set out in the middle of nowhere. I assume that you get some sort of karma hit for digging up graves, but is there anything interesting enough in the grave to warrants taking the time to buy a shovel?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I don't think there is a karma hit for digging up graves.

Not that it matters since there are infinite numbers of enemies you can kill that raises your karma.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

one of the graves somewhere around Goodspring contains a custom weapon, never found it myself

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

one of the graves somewhere around Goodspring contains a custom weapon, never found it myself

It's north of Goodsprings, following the road, just south of the Tribal Village (the one overrun by the Cazadores). If you read the comic book prequel it makes sense. :)

Are you referring to

Chance's knife

? In that case, I did find it. Odd. Apparently I am a grave looter.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well apparently between having talking to Contreras during the start of "I Put A Spell On You" (causes a note-quest option not to appear) PLUS having Carrie Boyd bugged out/stuck in that room means I can't get This Machine without taking a big hit to NCR rep. AND taking advantage of yet another bug (killing Keller right off gives me the option to tell the weapons guy that I talked Keller into leaving him alone).

Boone seems to like This Machine better than the regular Sniper Rifle but I'm not sure it's worth all the buggy trouble since I'm trying to be good "for" the NCR. I suppose there's enough stuff to make up for the rep. hit but bah humbug! lol

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Apparently companions are bugged. Boone specifically is getting bonuses to his guns over what he should, meaning he always has over 100 gun skill.

So I finished the game and though overall I had a really good time with it, I was sorely disappointed by the main quest in the end.

I found the parts in Goodsprings, Primm & Novac really well done, and was particularly intrigued when I learnt that another courier had cancelled a job when he found out the main character's name, not to mention the weird message to the "sixth courier" written on some wreckage. This hinted at something larger going on, but for some reason this plot hook was never further developed. Very disappointing.

Basically, after dealing with Benny the main quest goes downhill fast with a BioWarian visit to four locations to gather or destroy allies (my own fault, since I had already visited these areas beforehand, though maybe these plot areas could've been closed off similar to Quarry Junction?). I found this very boring... and the battle of Hoover Dam was pretty much an anti-climax that reminded me of the assault on the refinery at the end of Operation: Anchorage (though seeing the Securitrons rip everything apart was pretty entertaining).

I also had to reload because apparently the random guy with the big sword that I had one-shotted with the AM rifle was supposed to be the Legion boss... and he had some things to say. Dealing with the NCR jerk before the slides was pretty nice.

The game really shines when it comes to multiple solutions to side-quests, and lots of skillchecks (the only other recent RPG I can think of that has more, is Drakensang River of Time), plus a few excellent companions. The gameplay tweaks & refurbished mechanics were nice as well, and hopefully Bethesda will leave these largely intact for the inevitable Fallout 4.

I can't say I have much incentive to replay the game from scratch, the way the final parts of the main quest wore me out (and VATS going completely bonkers), but perhaps I'll reload a save and see how the NCR path goes. I'll never be able to play the Legion side, because I found it very hard to take these guys seriously. I had hoped Caesar would save the faction with some compelling dialogue & explanation of the Legion's philosophy & motivations, but he turned out to be a pathetic jerk that I was glad to blow to the moon.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I got Caesar to explain the Legion to me.

Cass' ending made me do a double take. Every other companion talked about what they did after they left the Courier, many not even mentioning the courier at all. Hers is all about what she does until the Courier leaves her. Which made me wonder if I'd accidentally hit on a romance and didn't realize it.

Apparently companions are bugged. Boone specifically is getting bonuses to his guns over what he should, meaning he always has over 100 gun skill.

Source, please? (Edit: NVM, I found it on the Beth forums)

And I was wrong, he doesn't prefer This Machine, he keeps switching back and forth like it's either bugged, or sometimes he wants 8 bullets instead of 5...and I doubt the latter. >_<

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Maybe it's just me, but I have a nagging feeling that Yes Man was manipulating the courier all along. What he said in the end gave me the shivers.

I think it's the best ending, though.

This was my impression, I'd been playing the Yes Man route slightly annoyed at his helping hand attitude, like the devs put him there to spell out exactly what my options were, to have him steal all the glory at the last minute in such a matter of fact way was pretty funny. >_<

Rigged from the start...

Edited by WDeranged

He doesn't steal the glory, he just makes it so he doesn't start obeying everyone who comes along.

Finally dealt with Benny and all heck breaks loose as far as possible quest directions to go in. lol

I definitely don't like the Vegas/Freeside stuff as much as the open land/small town stuff (except that Black Widow thing, that was funny). But I guess it's time to let Boone wreak havoc on Caesar.

Does that mean more Diary Entries? ;)

(yeah, I don't have the game, don't really plan on it at the moment either)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What I'm wondering is if I kill Caesar will there still be a showdown at the Dam? I guess the Legions soldier on without him? Or maybe there's other plots in there I'm ignorant of/forgotten already.

Does that mean more Diary Entries? original.gif

Heh. Maybe. I had considered an entire thread of Dear Diary, a concept loose story let's play or something, but figured I'd never be able to maintain it. Game too big. lol