Fallout: New Vegas

Pidesco

you have girlie hands :(

Yes, I know..

But it's one hell of an advantage for fapping!

ROFL

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wait wait wait. Why are you taking pictures instead of screenshots?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wait wait wait. Why are you taking pictures instead of screenshots?

So I can stealth involve my **** when you least expect it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Is there a way to finish the Mojak quest? That ghoul Bright was heading into the REPCON basement, and I followed, but now I don't find the dudes and can't finish the quest. Bug, or did I miss something?

I guess you did,

you should follow them all the way to the second building where the rockets are, via the basement, there's a staircase you have to enable behind the nightkin leader. alternatively, you can get there from the outside. thre's a hatch leading straight to the rockets behind some rocks where the big puddle of goo is in front of the main building.

Gotcha. Quest completed.

Played some more and now finally got into the Strip. That passport cost me a fortune.

Really great game so far.

Paying to get in the Strip. *points* *laughs*

There's a credit check option. If you have over 2000 caps, they simply let you in, since it apparently proves you're not riff-raff.

500 caps? pah-leese, I payed just as much to listen to a forecast of a deranged kid. I haven't even seen Vegas up close yet but already have combat armor, sniper rifle and an auto-shotgun, yay me

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Morgoth cannot into caps. :(

Poor Irish Morgoth...

there's 900 caps on the airfield of the Searchlight Airport. it's easy to get without fighting. look for two blue suitcases near the main building

damn, I haven't been so excited over a game in a very long time :(

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

so many quests my brain is overloaded. its awesome.

almost every complaint i had about fallout 3 has been adequately addressed. I so far have only modded one thing in the game (by this time in fallout 3 I had a list of ten things i needed to change)

my only mod so far? a vanity mod: boosting the dam and lowering the rate of fire (via the animation speed) of That Gun (and changing the name to "Deckard")

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Every review I read seems to be all about the bugs. I don't remember that being much of a focus when the original came out, and yet the bugs seem to be a carry over problem. Is it really that buggy? It's ben fine for me, I had one graphical glitch early on but it was easy to work around.

I've seen reviews that didn't mention bugs at all. There was one guy who mentioned that he had two installs, one was buggy, one was not buggy. So it might be a hit or miss thing.

Every review I read seems to be all about the bugs. I don't remember that being much of a focus when the original came out, and yet the bugs seem to be a carry over problem. Is it really that buggy? It's ben fine for me, I had one graphical glitch early on but it was easy to work around.

If they're about bugs then we've got major hypocrisy going on because I couldn't complete F3 without using the console to get around a game breaking bug. That hadn't happened to me in years.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Who handles the lion's share of the bug testing anyways, the publisher or developer? I'm a bit shocked about the 360 problems, that's hard to overlook. Of course, I had Fable 2 crap out on me on the 360 back in the day.

As far as I know, Bethesda handled most of the testing. I wouldn't be so quick to blame them for all the bugs in the game though, it could just be that there were so many that they had to call it quit at a certain point. Also, first CTD after almost 10 hours. Good fun! :-

Publisher, in my experience. By quite a bit. I know a studio that actually only has one in-house "tester" and his responsibilities are far more than test.

So...

I decided murdering Benny seemed a lot more fun. Same with murdering Mr.House. Problem is, I couldn't get in the Fort after that, since every single legionnaire started attacking me. I'm also not sure how this works out in the end, considering I hadn't visited all the factions yet either. It also feels like I missed a ton of sidequests.

Also, <3 Yes Bot.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...;postcount=3480
Another huge fix:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1091897/d3d9.dll

Place this in Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\

Significant increase in performance on a few machines, including my own!

This file is also located in your Windows folder. Just search in there and when you find it, copy it into said directory.

EDIT: Guys, after applying all these previous tweaks in the .ini's and then replacing this file, I have zero problems. I just replayed the big fight at the end of the first town and played through the whole thing, 60+FPS.

Spent some time trying these out:

--The dll fix didn't do a thing for my Ultra-Settings mouse-jerk problem & made the graphics rather fuzzy. I think it reset the resolution to a lower one, don't know if it did more than that, didn't seem to. Removed.

--the multiple core .ini line fix didn't do anything for my specific issue either. Nor did it seem to improve FPS, but I don't have issue with very low FPS anyway. Changed it back.

--the mouse acceleration .ini line fix didn't help either, so strike three. I thought that might be it, since iirc Borderlands had a similar fix, but no.

Oddly, so far the thing that helps the mouse-jerk in Ultra settings seems to be to increase mouse sensitivity. Default is a couple 'bars' and by increasing it to about the middle, it smooths out & I don't notice the jerks anymore. Of course then everything spins really fast, but it's better than jerk. So I can play in Ultra if I want now. Weird. *shrug*

Enough tech fiddling, I have to play the game. You guys are all so speedy compared to me. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Can someone explain the importance of Karma? I find nothing about it in the manual and can't seem to find a karma-meter on my PipBOY. If I steal everything in a town, will my reputation go down or something?

I only know what wiki's for Fallout3 say, but it seems to be the 'evil/good' rating. If you go past 'neutral' too much either way I think it eventually affects how factions/groups react to you, or something. I have no idea if it's exactly the same as in FO3 tho, so....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts