Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Well, I have Steam installed, never use it though.

Don't want Fallout to connect to it each startup though... I keep offline when playing games.

i'm somewhat amazed at how many people still don't get how steam works. you only need to be online when you activate your copy of new vegas. you can play in offline mode from then on. no need to have an internet connection during normal gaming.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

This thread becomes too dangerous for me to read.

Not until midnight Pacific time, thats when Ill check out of the thread. I wont really get a bite of the game until I get home from work tomorrow, at which point several of you will have already finished the game and started another playthrough. :(

Yeah, yeah, yeah and did you know that

the Vegas that they're representing is really classic Vegas?

Oh, but of course. How about

Cassidy is actually your twin sister and only you can stop Caeser, who is your real father?

That caught my by big surprise.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Most of all

John Gonzales has actually been hired by Bethesda to voice all the characters for their next game. Including the player character. That's right. In the next Bethesda game the player character will be voiced.

Too bad

his expertise was so expensive that the PCs lines had to be reduced to one word sentences.

When I was working on my Fallout 3 worldspaces stuff, I hated the nav mesh so much, it was enough hate for more than one lives. It was all possible hate that germans could bring up.

Later I stopped working on it, because generating the LOD is such a pain in the arse and buggy and doesn't work under circumstances and it needs god damn hours until you see if it worked or if all is trash.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well, I have Steam installed, never use it though.

Don't want Fallout to connect to it each startup though... I keep offline when playing games.

You don't need to be online to play it, just to activate the game.

doesn't always work like promised though. i currently have one game (Stalker Clear Sky) which STEAM insiststs is 'unavailable' even though it's installed. Client updates also sometimes causes problems with the logon information you need stored to play offline, and you won't be able to play until you can log on again.

I don't want to exaggerate, it's not a common occurrence, but enough to be annoying when it does happen.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

i'm sure glitches occasionally happen, but i've been using steam for about 3 years and have never had a problem playing offline when i want to (only about 3-4 months of a given year will my gaming be offline, but its still a significant portion of time)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

https://twitter.com/#!/JimSterling

- I feel thoroughly exhausted. Not enough sleep this weekend. Now I'm trying to write the reviews for games I stayed awake all weekend playing

- That ****er (New Vegas) was a major culprit.

- Our Vanquish and New Vegas reviews are embargoed until tomorrow morning. Make sure to check out Dtoid for those. Both should be interesting.

- I can't tell you what I think about the game. But I can tell you that you most likely won't sleep if you get it at midnight.

- I cannot comment on New Vegas' quality. I can tell you that if you preordered it, however, you shouldn't cancel.

Also

the brain in Rex actually belongs to the Chosen One.

no way! :o that's too good to be true, you're making this uo, aren't you? :lol: (please, say "no").

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Would I lie? Over the internet of all places?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i'm somewhat amazed at how many people still don't get how steam works. you only need to be online when you activate your copy of new vegas. you can play in offline mode from then on. no need to have an internet connection during normal gaming.

And here I was comforted to hear it's only online activation, not a Steam DL or using Steamworks and planned on buying... and now it got crushed again by hearing it does use Steamworks and thus Steam's offline modus.

Well, there goes my purchase.

I only bought 1(!) Steamgame, and have had experience with so called offline modus. Utter crap is too kind a word, so I rather not risk it on a full-price title.

Any ideas if it EVER comes out without Steam or should I just pass on it, despite my will to actually give OE my money like with AP and KOTOR2?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Don't make me go rules lawyer on you people.

Forced steam doesn't benefit a single customer and is a horrendous policy (as opposed to optional steam, which is fine), but piracy is not the answer people.

Was a very close thing for me, but playing the game and giving Obs a sale is (just) worth dealing with the idiocies of Steam.

Steam sucks, aside from my bought game I got plenty of demo-expertise with it too. So much I decided never to buy there at all...

Not to mention I like my disk and manual for less money compared to Steam, as local shops provide. Now if I could only play it without Steam too, that would be an instant-buy...

Send them a check(to Zenimax) for the price of the game, silly. Or buy the game and get a third party patch.

Much rather OE than Bethesda really, but where to send it then?

Also; I *could* do the second, but then it wont be a signal right? Much like I am going to get DA only end this month with all DLC to show I am willing to pay, but not all too much for all the DLC-stuff etc... I can wait (for BW that is, OE stuff is a different story :lol:)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Bethesda Softworks LLCa ZeniMax Media company1370 Piccard Drive, Suite 120Rockville, MD 20850Phone: (301) 926-8300Fax: (301) 926-8010 I think Obsidian would get in trouble if they got money. Nice way of protesting ya?

Edited by Irrelevant

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

Why would Obs get in trouble? Not that a lot of people would actually go that far and send them a cheque anyway.