RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Too bad Fable III is coming out the same day as Force Unleashed II. I had to make a decision and Fable must wait!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Too bad Fable III is coming out the same day as Force Unleashed II. I had to make a decision and Fable must wait!

I think I'll wait on Force Unleashed II... I want to hear what the pc keyboard/mouse controls are like for it before bothering with putting cash down

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm not even considering the PC version after how it was treated last time.

That'd be pretty awesome, wouldn't it? I know one of the Blur trailers has Starkiller force pushing Darth Vader through walls, which is pretty sweet.

So do you force pull a Deathstar down this time? It's kind of hard to top the ridiculous crap they pulled in the last one...

Be careful what you wish for.

There were far more absurd force feats in star wars expanded universe.

Force Unleashed II? Didn't the sucker kick the bucket at the end of the game?

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be another great movie to watch on Youtube. :)

In a shocking and unprecedented twist - there are clones! :aiee:

many many MANY clones

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be another great movie to watch on Youtube. :(

In a shocking and unprecedented twist - there are clones! :)

many many MANY clones

And then in some of the teasers that have been released with designers talking about it.. there's the hint that the really surprise and unprecedented twist..is that he might not have actually died, and just thinks he's a clone among many...

:)

But that could have just been them trying to play with the fans minds..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be another great movie to watch on Youtube. :(

In a shocking and unprecedented twist - there are clones! :)

many many MANY clones

And then in some of the teasers that have been released with designers talking about it.. there's the hint that the really surprise and unprecedented twist..is that he might not have actually died, and just thinks he's a clone among many...

:)

I think the theory was that your FU1 char would actually have been a clone from the Empirical onwards... and now you'd be back to controlling DA ORIGINAL SAM WITWER...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Indeed, I wonder when we'll be able to fight the Yuuzhan Vong? There's money to be made there.

Yuuzhan Vong were cooler when they were called Sith.

In a shocking and unprecedented twist - there are clones! :(
Unprecedented insofar that the Emperor's clones got offed before they left the cloning chamber, or something like that.

The EU was practically built on the corpses of two clone Jedi. Clone Jedi for everyone!

Edited by Tale

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be another great movie to watch on Youtube. :wowey:

In a shocking and unprecedented twist - there are clones! :aiee:

many many MANY clones

;)

I think the theory was that your FU1 char would actually have been a clone from the Empirical onwards... and now you'd be back to controlling DA ORIGINAL SAM WITWER...

You know, he also provides the voice of the emperor in TFU1.

Also

http://kotaku.com/5663625/new-court-ruling...d-game-business

The courts have ruled that publishers can stop the second hand sale of their items.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The EU was practically built on the corpses of two clone Jedi. Clone Jedi for everyone!

The European Union?

Well, first the UK recognized Jedi as a religion and then Scotland started to clone sheep.

Things went downhill from there.

I never played TFU but i tried TFU2 demo and it was kinda fun but just not for me. I don't like much of the expanded universe either.

Don't like the "Doomsday" Witwer guy either.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Two Worlds 2 surpassing Risen?

In the comments section, Slawek describes the overall combat difficulty. There were many times where he had to retry a fight simply because he was overpowered. The game is definitely VERY hard. Some fights had to be attempted only after gaining a few levels. Some of them were so hard in fact, that only by "bugging" the AI was he able to win them. In the beginning, Slawek had to quicksave (there's such a feature in PC mode) before every encounter, but later on he stopped dying all the time. Apparently, TWII boasts a very steep difficulty curve.

emoemotsmug.gif

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

If game difficulty gets to the point where I feel a need to resort to exploiting the unintended weaknesses in its behavior, then I see that as a failure in the design.

Seriously, path of least resistance and all that. If the bugs are easier to find than the solution to battles, it can't be a good thing. And I can't imagine that's a good feeling for the designer, either. "welp, all my work in setting up a complex scenario and the players would rather glitch the boss on a rock than play it."

Edited by Tale

When you make a properly challenging game though, it's inevitable that some sections of the players will choose to resort to glitches rather than do what's necessary to fully enjoy those challenges.

btw, I really must be blind to the technical graphical side of games - I never noticed 'not-smooth' movements in Alpha Protocol! But then, I noticed Oblivion...

The impressions sound very interesting, though to be honest, it seems like Risen is the only true successor to Gothic in that it also carries over the faction C&C.