RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Continental release 21 oct = no English version yet right?

The version released in Europe is multi language, including English.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Whats with the Two Worlds hype, the first game was garbage

I thought so too for three years or so. Then, on a whim, I bought the Epic Edition earlier this year and played through it. If you manage to look past the horrid voice acting and a few other flaws, there's a surprisingly good game hiding underneath it all. I was especially surprised by the variety of the side quests hiding in the vast wilderness. Some of them were really well thought out.

I'm actually stoked about Two Worlds 2, something which surprises even myself. I didn't know I liked Two Worlds that much.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What the freak? And they expect English regions to wait until January? O_o

I'll wait for the mkreku seal of approval, though. I don't even know how I could begin to get it from Germany or whatnot...

Whats with the Two Worlds hype, the first game was garbage

True, but everything I have seen so far looks promising. The game could still end up a buggy unplayable mess. I just like to hope that it will be good because after completing Risen I have been waiting for a new open world fantasy RPG. FNV(I know, it's not fantasy.) on PS3 and TW2 on Xbox360

I don't know how it was on release, but Two Worlds rocks with the 1.7 Gig patch. It's probably still **** on console, though. With a better faction system, it would be heaps better than Gothic 3, imo.

What I like is that Two Worlds 2 is pretty much the only sequel to a game that's not being "streamlined".

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What I like is that Two Worlds 2 is pretty much the only sequel to a game that's not being "streamlined".

Not much info has been released yet, but I have seen no indication of Risen 2 being streamlined. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Not much info has been released yet, but I have seen no indication of Risen 2 being streamlined. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Has there even been info released at all? I haven't been able to find any.

Has there even been info released at all? I haven't been able to find any.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=808439

There's been eight threads before that one.. You need to puzzle it all together yourself.

What the freak? And they expect English regions to wait until January? O_o

I'll wait for the mkreku seal of approval, though. I don't even know how I could begin to get it from Germany or whatnot...

They have two different publishers for the game. Southpeak, the one handling the publishing in English regions, decided to only publish the game next year. It's weird.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

To be fair, Risen is kind of a streamlined version of the Gothic games. Streamlined in all the right places though.

I'll go ahead and wait for the North American release in January for TW2, I figure they will have all the bugs worked out by then.

The original Two Worlds was a lot of fun Boo. It's worth picking up for a few bucks. Although it's completely a sandbox game, so that might not be your cup of tea.

Good news for European countries that do not have their own Amazon shop: Amazon UK are planning to offer free shipping to other countries with no Amazon shop. This will be perfect for me, now I can get games for ridicilous prices. :shifty:

Edited by Labadal

Good news for European countries that do not have their own Amazon shop: Amazon UK are planning to offer free shipping to other countries with no Amazon shop. This will be perfect for me, now I can get games for ridicilous prices. :skeptical:

It's not just 'planning', Finland, Sweden etc. already have access to the free 'super saver' delivery as of this monday. I know, I ordered a bunch of movies post-haste. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

For the slightly bizarre.. I've been poking around to be able to pre-order the upcoming Tron Evolution game.. but while the usual suspects have the ps3, the wii, the xbox versions.. they either don't show the pc version.. or just have a the "currently unavailable/ no idea when it will be" type of message...

So is this just the UK, the rest of Europe, or Wold Wide I wonder? :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For the slightly bizarre.. I've been poking around to be able to pre-order the upcoming Tron Evolution game.. but while the usual suspects have the ps3, the wii, the xbox versions.. they either don't show the pc version.. or just have a the "currently unavailable/ no idea when it will be" type of message...

So is this just the UK, the rest of Europe, or Wold Wide I wonder? :shifty:

My regular go-to supplier didn't show ANY version of the game. They do sometimes get preorders a bit late (OTOH, they had mass effect 3, so YMMV)...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ahh, so did they get the trademarking issue settled?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."