RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Yes they do exactly that.. new update gets cracked usually within 1-5 days... and the price for remodding the console with newest update in eastern europe is from 1 to 15 EUR... and the most interesting thing is, that it is legal... it's wrong, but it happens... and i can say that around me is console piracy more widespread than PC piracy...

Except the new xbox360 dashboard update has been out more than 5 days and isn't cracked yet.

Not to mention the 3.5 firmware update on PS3.

But the real point is consequences. Such modifications on closed platform are usually detected and lead to banning from all forms of online activity.

What are the typical consequences of PC piracy?

Even failed attempts will result in nothing more that an error message.

The piracy is only a marketing word, used by publishers to move as soon as possible gaming from product to service only and to destroy second hand market... if piracy was such big issue as their are whining about, every developer, their mothers and dogs would be producing games only for PS3... which was uncracked for very very long period of time... nothing else...

Maybe because it is the difference in piracy rates between xbox360/wii and pc/psp that is significant.

Also I never encountered any "whining" about 360/ps3 piracy rates.

Everyone understands that video games are non-essential for life, right?

The point isn't that are not essential, it's that people are developing a sense of entitlement.

And it's not a question of economical conditions. People able to afford PCs/console are not on a verge of starvation. It's a question of responsibility.

If pirates feel entitled to free software (especially newest/most expensive) they will strike hard against anyone proposing changes to the current situation. The result are exacly what happend when ubisoft tried to implement server based DRM with AC2. Organized DDOS attacks were launched on the company, partly in order to stop legitimate customers from playing the game. Such actions only show that they believe their "rights" were being threatened and that was the most logical solution to influence the situation. They certainly couldn't boycott the product because they never bought it before and nobody was going to assume anything else can make them change their mind.

Edited by pmp10

The piracy is only a marketing word, used by publishers to move as soon as possible gaming from product to service only and to destroy second hand market... if piracy was such big issue as their are whining about, every developer, their mothers and dogs would be producing games only for PS3... which was uncracked for very very long period of time... nothing else...

Uhhhhh, would you say that the PC gaming market has boomed with the console gaming market?

There's a reason why the primary platforms for development are the consoles

EDIT: pmp10 wins.

I am not a fan of DRM, and I blame the pirates for making it exist.

Edited by Thorton_AP

Well, a good chunk of us won't see the game until at least January.

ugh, really? :ermm: I thought you could activate it online. I mean, this version I have here, it's in english, in order to play it I just have to buy a serial code and then activate the game. or I can play through the tutorial for free. or it's available only in Europe?

I hear it's sketchy to get it that way, I'll wait for the NA release. It will also give it time for bugs to get worked out. I also have a crappy internet connection.

Thread is getting a bit long... more news discussions here

>_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein