RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

If only I could find an image for it >_< Maybe not a modern RPG though, looking at that image with more of my brain on.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's a post-apoc game. With romances. Lots of romances. There is one critical path that adds to immersion. Your character, Wolfherd, is a super-pre-defined but completely customizable dude which adds to immersion, choice and (yes) romance. Your actions have repercussions that supercede anything that has happened in any game ever, even everer than the last one we did. This is told in a series of online achievement icons.

It's called Nuke-Effect-Age 1: Origins of Shadows of Awesomeness. It will be available as an i-phone app, too.

sonsofgygax.JPG

My first thought at the glimpses - with the sci-fi type look so similar to Mass Effect and the destroyed city scape outside the building the guy is in that it was either

(a) an alien invasion game

or

(b) a game in the ME universe set during the "First Contact War" but not (directly) tied to the ongoing Mass Effect series' story.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

D3 being on console isn't too surprising since D1 was already on console.

The new BIO game is likely an offshoot. *shrug*

Otherwise, it's way too smiliar to ME imo.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

My first thought at the glimpses - with the sci-fi type look so similar to Mass Effect and the destroyed city scape outside the building the guy is in that it was either

or

(b) a game in the ME universe set during the "First Contact War" but not (directly) tied to the ongoing Mass Effect series' story.

I think it's ME. The rifle he's using looks like the lower level sniper rifles from the first game.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

or

I think it's ME. The rifle he's using looks like the lower level sniper rifles from the first game.

Doesn't make sense to be ME, since the video shows ME and DA after they show Bioware's Logo. It'd be like verbally saying "From Bioware, the makers of Mass Effect and Dragon Age comes...Mass Effect".

That said I could totally see it as a non-Sheppard ME setting story.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I didn't mean that it'd be ME3, but possibly a spin off like you mentioned, but still, my point stands that the rifle he's using looks exactly like the sniper rifles from the first.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Doesn't make sense to be ME, since the video shows ME and DA after they show Bioware's Logo. It'd be like verbally saying "From Bioware, the makers of Mass Effect and Dragon Age comes...Mass Effect".

That said I could totally see it as a non-Sheppard ME setting story.

Agreed with the first part, but don't think they'd call anything set in the MEverse anything than ME: something. I'm still thinking new IP or a backdoor sequel in the vein of shattered steel 2.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

My guess for title

Officially: "Mass Effect: First Contact"

on all the promotion materials and box art:

"ME: First Contact"

with a new logo for the "ME", to indicate to everyone that they are beginning a whole slew of titles set in the ME universe all under the same logo, ala tom clancy, COD etc etc

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet:

L4D Does LOTR

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Real number is probably much higher then reported 2,3 million units (link give incorrect 23 million figure). Blizzard games, including Starcraft 2, are popular in countires where 1 full priced game cost about month worth of wages. They don't torrent it, more likely buy it from fraction of the price from local bootleg vendor.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

True. back in teh days, in the era of 56k modems the only way to play a game was to buy a copy of a cracked version from one of the numerous vendors. thing is, in some cities, I've seen it, they still sell such copies of games, downloaded from sites, for the game's full price :) the only way to buy a real copy of a game is to order it overseas. Steam helps too, but a lot of people don't even know of it's existence.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Phew, for a moment there I thought it was a problem. Good thing it's not as big a problem as someone elses.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra