What you did today

Gorth

I've just arrived at Hamilton for a conference, on the cheapest motel with humane conditions I could find. I'm pleased to find they have free wi-fi, but for some reason, it doesn't work indoors! Take literally one step out the door and it does. :(

Just as I was serving said curry part of the shelf above collapsed and dropped into the wok, catapulting the second best curry I've ever made across the kitchen.

You know how you sometimes say you can't believe something has happened? It actually was like that. I literally couldn't believe it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What is curry?

I usually buy Vulgarlic chicken when I go to my favourite Indian restaurant. I'm not even sure that's a real Indian cuisine. It's probably fake.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Curry is an english word which we label all Indian cuisine where stuff is in a runny spiced sauce.

In my book curry involves a powerful punch of chilli, married to spices like turmeric, ginger, tamarind, cardamom, and coriander. I almost always eat mine with brown rice, which is not authentic, but I think it gives a rounded flavour. I also employ a fair whack of garlic and onions if I'm basing the sauce on tomato.

EDIT:

In what is probably one of the most revolting episodes of a fairly icky life I went to make my coffee and about a cupful of sunny delight coloured fluid decanted from my nose in one long and very liquid stream. Never seen anything like it.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

In what is probably one of the most revolting episodes of a fairly icky life I went to make my coffee and about a cupful of sunny delight coloured fluid decanted from my nose in one long and very liquid stream. Never seen anything like it.

That might have been your brain.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That might have been your brain.

Finally!

-Elwood Blues

Kind of staggered into this morning. Managed a few hours sleep ..which is good , otherwise I'd doubtless be halucinating wildly by now.. :lol: Although some freaky dreams this morning.

Got a few odds and ends done during the day.

Even got to sharpen my mind on something this afternoon.. although after sending an email I was suddenly cursing as I realised my use of grammar was wrong...

Of course, to add to the joys of the week I'd been watching an rpg book on ebay thats no longer published.. waiting for that finale moment to put in my bid.. which was right at the time I get called for in the loud emergency voice from family.. I dart out to find it's just some dinner related question. Of course, when I get back I find I'd lost the bid... Last minute snipes...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Physio today with my extra cute physio. Slightly more compos mentis this, and kept my cool. But i'd swear there's a natural thing going on. I just don't know how to proposition someone who's your doctor.

As if to mock my emotional state I have this afternoon developed a spot on my nose. :lol:

-Elwood Blues

Physio today with my extra cute physio. Slightly more compos mentis this, and kept my cool. But i'd swear there's a natural thing going on. I just don't know how to proposition someone who's your doctor.

As if to mock my emotional state I have this afternoon developed a spot on my nose. :lol:

Well.. to add to your worries.. isn't she ethically bound not to date you whilst you're still her patient? So to date her you have to lose her physio services...

Well.. to add to your worries.. isn't she ethically bound not to date you whilst you're still her patient? So to date her you have to lose her physio services...

Tough. I haven't fallen for someone this fast in years. I'm running with it.

-Elwood Blues

I can't stand most curry based dishes. They have a strange smell & flavor to me, like some old women's sachet combined with hot pepper. I don't know which spice/s that the curries are using that are the ones I don't like the taste of tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oooo, I love naan. :lol:

'Nother topic:Since I can make a sandwich/meal & read or compute in near darkness, I don't understand why my husband has to turn on every kitchen/room light when he does the same. During the daytime no less. I guess I have the eyes of a cat & he has the eyes of a mole.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm sure you'll pick up plenty of cues by watching the first half of Thunderball. :D

:lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Oooo, I love naan. :p

'Nother topic:Since I can make a sandwich/meal & read or compute in near darkness, I don't understand why my husband has to turn on every kitchen/room light when he does the same. During the daytime no less. I guess I have the eyes of a cat & he has the eyes of a mole.

You have obviously lost awareness of the sheer giddy magic involved in being able to flick a switch and make light. It's almost godlike. Just think of the thusands of years of societal and engineering evolution required to make it happen. Then think we may be one of only a few generations who will ever enjoy it.

Leaving a light burning isn't an empty gesture of absent mindedness. It is a heroic gesture of pride, resonating in the darkness of eternity like the tolling of a great brass bell.

-Elwood Blues

Pleased to report that in spite of being laid up for the best part of a week, my diet and no booze seem to be having an effect. I'm still a tubby bastard, but my torso doesn't actually bulge any more! Took my belt in a notch also.

-Elwood Blues

Pleased to report that in spite of being laid up for the best part of a week, my diet and no booze seem to be having an effect. I'm still a tubby bastard, but my torso doesn't actually bulge any more! Took my belt in a notch also.

Gratz Wals..

To round out how my week is going.. Friday arrived. The doorbell went early. I leapt up to answer it..made it to the door of the room I was in..and suddenly, for no reason that I can understand.. I found myself falling backwards. I bounced my head off the floor loud enough to startle everyone in the house. My neck is now having a joyful throbbing ache, a quite amazing bruise on the back of my head, about three seperate patches of grazes along one arm (again, no clue how that happened), that headbang induced sick feeling and as I realise the pleasantness of Fallout New Vegas having arrived.. I find out the family has volunteered my services as a physical labourer to help a family friend shift things this morning...