What are you playing now

Gorth

Needed to unwind some last night.. so decided to have a stab at Secret Files: Tunguska for that adventure nostalgia..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I want to buy Outcast at GoG. Can someone tell me if the game is as good as its cultists :lol: claim

I love the game myself but I think Outcast may be one of those "had to have played it at release" to fully appreciate it games. It hasn't aged wonderfully.

Still, I may be wrong. And for a cheap price I think it'd be a good buy.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Mucking around with Civ 4 this weekend.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My roman game is about to pick up... right now the only factions in existance are me, the Brutii, Scipii, SQPR, Egypt and Brittania (because I never wanted to break that alliance... probably won't either, it's not fun fighting friggin barbarians), and I JUST got the "you're popular enough to march on rome" message which I'd been waiting for (with three full armies at the borders with Urban Cohorts and supporting units.

What worries me is that the Scipii have about 6 full armies parked in their homeland on italy just waiting for SOMETHING to happen. Although some of them are outdated (Saw some Hastati in there, almost 70 years after the marian reforms, if not more) and the Brutii are having full armies roaming around to my west. I'll probably be winning battles by virtue of having stupid amounts of Preatorian and Urban Cohorts back up by auxilia and cav but still, I don't pleasure the idea of having to deal with 10000 troops slamming into one target.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hate the Brutii. In my last game, I killed and lost about 10-15 armies in Greece, swapping Athens, Thessalonika, etc constantly. Eventually they just ran out men. Was great fun though, fighting the Julii in Gaul and Spain at the same time I'm fighting the Brutii in Greece and the damn rebels in Judea.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I want to buy Outcast at GoG. Can someone tell me if the game is as good as its cultists :lol: claim

I love the game myself but I think Outcast may be one of those "had to have played it at release" to fully appreciate it games. It hasn't aged wonderfully.

Still, I may be wrong. And for a cheap price I think it'd be a good buy.

I see.

Its 4$

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Hate the Brutii. In my last game, I killed and lost about 10-15 armies in Greece, swapping Athens, Thessalonika, etc constantly. Eventually they just ran out men. Was great fun though, fighting the Julii in Gaul and Spain at the same time I'm fighting the Brutii in Greece and the damn rebels in Judea.

Heh. One of R:TW's biggest balance issues is that sea trade-- and sea trade in the Aegean in particular-- is so freakin' profitable that the whichever faction manages to unite Greece and the surrounding area (which is usually the Brutii) becomes redonkulusly rich.

Played a bit of Mass Effect 2 but I really have trouble replaying this even though I quite liked it on my first playthrough. Interested just dropped off so I uninstalled it.

So now I'm replaying Alpha Protocol as cruel **** karate expert Thorton which is kinda awesome. Also playing Civ V.

Kinda waiting for New Vegas at this point.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Heh. One of R:TW's biggest balance issues is that sea trade-- and sea trade in the Aegean in particular-- is so freakin' profitable that the whichever faction manages to unite Greece and the surrounding area (which is usually the Brutii) becomes redonkulusly rich.

I'm earning around 100k denarii per turn controlling gaul, and spain. Germania is mostly mine.

Well, as I attacked rome, britannia decided to stab me in the back, then egypt attacked me. I've been causing massive losses to the Scipii and Brutii on the peninsula and holding off the brutii in northern europe (basically the russian frontier areas). I also took a full army I had standing around in Rhodes and landed it in greece getting ready to GUT the Brutii while my 4 huge cities pump out urban cohorts and everyone else either pops out with archers or cavalry.

Although oddly enough, when I took a britan settlement the game CTD'd on me >.<.

Now I'm debating going back to a previous save that was JUST before I attacked rome, and wiping out the brits so I don't have to deal with that, while strengthening my attack forces in greece to punch out brutii territories and rome at the same time.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Also, on topic, I'm actually messing around with BG2 for the first time in many years. Playing a good-aligned multiclassed fighter-mage, and have just assembled my core team of Keldorn, Anomen, Jahiera, and Jan, to which I'll add whichever NPC makes most sense for the quest I'm doing.

I haven't decided yet which stronghold to keep, though, and I probably should soon because the Keep is the major quest I'm planning to tackle first. (So far I've just done minor stuff like the Circus and the slavers in the Coronet.) Anybody remember what the advantages are for owning the Keep and the Planar Sphere?

Also, on topic, I'm actually messing around with BG2 for the first time in many years. Playing a good-aligned multiclassed fighter-mage, and have just assembled my core team of Keldorn, Anomen, Jahiera, and Jan, to which I'll add whichever NPC makes most sense for the quest I'm doing.

I haven't decided yet which stronghold to keep, though, and I probably should soon because the Keep is the major quest I'm planning to tackle first. (So far I've just done minor stuff like the Circus and the slavers in the Coronet.) Anybody remember what the advantages are for owning the Keep and the Planar Sphere?

Keep, some XP and a cleric who you can let movein. He is a shop with a discount but nothing special (items are no great shakes).

Planar sphere - apprentices you train who can make some ok swag, nothing mind blowing but as I recall not entirely useless.

I usually played with the mod that lets have all the keeps regardless of PC class. I think the Ranger keep has the best side quests. The bard keep felt a bit out of place with just about every build I have ever played. Still I liked having all the extra adventures.

The Saboteur.

Main missions are fun, story is interesting, but "freeplay" is boring and repetitive. Somebody thought it would be a good idea to put thousands of AA guns, searchlights, sniper towers, armoured divisions and what not all over Paris, and make it pretty much necessary to blow them up to be able to buy ammo & weapons.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Just played the Enslaved demo. Platforming reminds me of Uncharted. Combat wasn't too involved in the demo. Characters didn't prove very likeable, but the setting has me intrigued.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just played the Enslaved demo. Platforming reminds me of Uncharted. Combat wasn't too involved in the demo. Characters didn't prove very likeable, but the setting has me intrigued.

Andy Serkis is enough to at least rent it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'd hardly call Gollum a selling point.

Just finished Golems of Amgarrak and Witch Hunt.

I thought the summonable bronto was nice (and Dog really should have been handled in this way, he's fun but useless), and the way party chatter was handled in Witch Hunt was very good (though probably not doable in a 40-75h game). Still, not much to write home about, even less as my char was 'just friends' with Morrigan. ;)

Overall, I'd have to say that Leliana's song was by far my favourite DLC - mostly because it felt so different.

Next up: Arkham Asylum.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

How can platforming where you can't fail remind you of uncharted?

Lots of "Aim Left Stick + X to get to next handhold."

Just played the Castlevania Lords of Shadow demo. Seemed good, but didn't exactly stand out.