What are you playing now

Gorth

What's wrong with DK2?

It's not quite as good? :)

DK2 is fun, but one of my big complaints was that the campaign was much more scripted. The feeling that I was carving out my dungeon each level & deciding for myself what to use and what not to use, was much less, except in Pet Dungeons. And even most of those tried to limit your building space in weird ways. The AI was even worse than in DK1, too, which I hardly thought possible. :wacko:

Oh yeah...also:no dragons. Salamanders...pffftt.

I did like no lair enemies, wall 'furniture' aspect to room tiles, & all creatures taking up only 1 lair tile. You could make some wacky Pet Dungeons, especially after editing out certain annoyances like the very slow hatchery production.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

While DK 1 is a lot of fun I'm starting to get sore over the lack of any storyline whatsoever... and every mission is to smash the other keeper....

Also: playing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-7118ocSFg

i love dungeon keeper. such a great great game.

I wish we could get a properly awesome sequel to that, and Myth

I do too. Although I don't know how well Myth would be received with its punishing and streamlined gameplay.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Yeah, no continuing storyline in DK1 at all, beyond in one's own head. :lol: What level are you on? There's a few in the campaign that have a lot of heroes/tunnelers vs enemy Keepers. The levels in Deeper Dungeons were more interesting/bit harder than the original campaign, imo. There's also a few DK1 campaigns made by ppl w/the editor but not sure how good they are. I only did the Ancient Keeper levels, which were more like elaborate & difficult puzzles than typical DK levels.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

With Team Fortress 2's update, Halo: Reach has passed its prime and is going on the shelf. So sad to see you go, I still don't have the helm I want. But your multiplayer is simply too shallow.

I've got two of the new weapons already. Sydney Sleeper and Degreaser. Sleeper is fun, it's a sniper rifle that can't headshot but has a chance of inflicting jarate effect based on charge. And apparently it has penetration! Now nobody can complain about me bodyshotting. Suckers.

Degreaser isn't too exciting. Less damage for faster weapon switch. Makes it an axtinguisher's best friend, but I was more of a hammer guy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, no continuing storyline in DK1 at all, beyond in one's own head. :p What level are you on? There's a few in the campaign that have a lot of heroes/tunnelers vs enemy Keepers. The levels in Deeper Dungeons were more interesting/bit harder than the original campaign, imo. There's also a few DK1 campaigns made by ppl w/the editor but not sure how good they are. I only did the Ancient Keeper levels, which were more like elaborate & difficult puzzles than typical DK levels.

I'm on level 9 right now.... :)

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

im not playing anything right now, im painting warhammer mini's after a 6 year hiatus.

"i love the smell of primer in the morning"

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Is it not against the rules to talk about huffing paint here?

Technically.. I should be playing some Civ V... but I haven't been able to really sit down with it since last Friday...

Your hemorrhoids are flaring up again, eh?

The proper response is "How appropriate, you fight like a cow."

More the being kept running on various other things that the joy of life has been pelting me with...

Although I have to say.. I managed to get in a couple of hours on Civ tonight... but I'm just not getting the old, addictive, "just-one-more-turn" from it... :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm on level 9 right now.... :)

That's a fun one to goof with either vampires or Horned Reapers. :) My faves in the campaign these days are 11, 17 & 18. The final level is pretty good too.

im not playing anything right now, im painting warhammer mini's after a 6 year hiatus.

:)

So, what are you playing/collecting/painting?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

currently doing a death guard army while also going back and filling in the ranks of my necrons. in a few months i plan on suplementing my old dark eldar army with some of the new models... i'm very excited about all this.

also: im not playing it NOW, but i cannot wait for the undead nightmare dlc for red dead redemption, it looks awesome

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

currently doing a death guard army while also going back and filling in the ranks of my necrons. in a few months i plan on suplementing my old dark eldar army with some of the new models... i'm very excited about all this.

also: im not playing it NOW, but i cannot wait for the undead nightmare dlc for red dead redemption, it looks awesome

I used to play Epic 40k (got a 20k+ point ork army, painted no less). Lost interest in that when they streamlined it to death. Got a fair sized Valhallan army and a SoB army (predating the Inquisitor Codexes) and a few Space Marines. Lost interest in WH40k with 3rd edition rules (streamlined all the flavour out of that game). Still collect a few Warhammer minis every now and then, but after they killed off Undeads and split them into two, leaving out the third option (necromancer led armies), I just play a bit of dark elves on rare occasions. Have an old style lizard man army too (never left its packaging). Painted up a Necromunda gang, but it's only ever seen action twice :)

Incredible what you gather over 25+ years of collecting...

Playing a bit of Painkiller Resurrection and started a game of Still Life.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been on a 10-year break myself. I bought a bunch of minis after playing Dawn of War to make a stab at a 'fun' list using marine and grey knight rules about four years ago, but those are all in storage and unpainted after I had to move into this tiny studio due to going back to grad school. The new Grey Knight 'dex is apparently coming out early next year (and I'm hoping to both finish grad school and get a bigger apartment), so I'll have to see if I can toss something together from there... :)

Haven't been playing anything here, either. Probably not going pick up anything stop-gap before New Vegas comes out...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

notenoughw.jpg

I'm in the process of creating a large heated swimming pool with a viewing window in my soon to be tree garden/farm. It's a pain in the ass trying to collect all the lava that is required for this project. I haven't been able to connect my home base to a natural cave network so I can't just hop down a pick some up. I have to go overland, find a cave with an opening to the surface and then make my way all the way back down to where the lava is. I just came back from an expedition with 7 buckets of lava. I placed 5 of them. This stuff just doesn't spread anywhere near enough. :)

Why can't there be infinite lava just like with water? :)

Edited by Deraldin

I recently fired up Railroad Tycoon again, a game I remember being amused by despite having no idea how to play it properly as a ten-year old. I'm still as hopelessly bad at it on anything more than the easy no-collisions mode.

Thinking about doing a final game of Civ4 before moving on, pondering Emperor difficulty which I haven't beaten yet.

I played Dragon Age for the first time in several months and tried to resume the latest restarted game I had - only lasted a quarter-hour or so out of boredom in the Wilds. I wonder if there's a mod that removes all the bits between the origins and Lothering....

EDIT: Google to the rescue! http://social.bioware.com/project/3407/

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

My next project, after not making one for twenty years, is a 1/32nd Scale half-track. A German one.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I bought Civ 5, but haven't been able to give it any time because of the TF2 update. I now have 4 of the new weapons, dagger, revolver, sniper, and flamethrower. I was going to craft the revolver with my next drop when it ended up dropping. So I'll be crafting something else soon enough.

I recently fired up Railroad Tycoon again, a game I remember being amused by despite having no idea how to play it properly as a ten-year old. I'm still as hopelessly bad at it on anything more than the easy no-collisions mode.

The original Railroad Tycoon?? :)

Many fond memories of playing it, but I was probably at least 12 at the time. And the game basically taught me how to read financial statements, which has proven to be a useful skill in my working life.

The original Railroad Tycoon?? :wub:

Many fond memories of playing it, but I was probably at least 12 at the time. And the game basically taught me how to read financial statements, which has proven to be a useful skill in my working life.

Yeah, I played the tutorial again and decided to keep going. I recall memorising the copy protection train identification, but it's a long gone memory now.

rrt.gif

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Risen. Seems fun.

Graphics question: even on 16AA there are clear hard jaggies on edges in the near distance. It's not even 'blurred jaggies' like I might expect from AA. Cliff rock face, palm tree frond, someone's sword, house plank edges. I noticed this in the Gothic4 demo too. It's not that it makes the game look terrible or anything, but the thing is, if I turn the AA to x2 it doesn't look much worse than on 16x. In other words, is the AA doing much of anything at all? heh

Is this just a game engine thing ala Borderlands or one of those picky card issues? (I use nvidia)

Risen. Seems fun.

Graphics question: even on 16AA there are clear hard jaggies on edges in the near distance. It's not even 'blurred jaggies' like I might expect from AA. Cliff rock face, palm tree frond, someone's sword, house plank edges. I noticed this in the Gothic4 demo too. It's not that it makes the game look terrible or anything, but the thing is, if I turn the AA to x2 it doesn't look much worse than on 16x. In other words, is the AA doing much of anything at all? heh

Is this just a game engine thing ala Borderlands or one of those picky card issues? (I use nvidia)

Google tells me that Risen requires some simple workarounds to get AA to work properly. http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,696728/...aster/Practice/

Haven't looked too deeply into it but apparently the current Unreal engine doesn't come with AA support out of the box and each developer has to go out of their way to implement it - some do it selectively and some not at all - witness the latest Batman controversy.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

World of Goo. Surprisingly fun if taken in small doses. Not sure I could play it for prolonged periods of time. Has that weird "happy go lucky" feel to it that I remember from Lemmings and the original Worms.