What are you playing now

Gorth

I finished Mass Effect 2 a couple of days ago, and I must admit I enjoyed every bit of it. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to keep everyone alive the first couple of tries, but eventually I realised what was wrong and quickly fixed it. I can't wait to import my character into Mass Effect 3.

Mass Effect 3.

Because, like, making new games is just so mid 1990s.

It's less about making new games and more about closing the god damn storyline.

I'm just as pro-new games as anyone else here on this board.

Closing a story arc isn't sequel saturation, which is what happened to Halo, with all those extra installations.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Nothing wrong with wanting to make money at whatever you do, especially if you work really hard at it. But that's different from doing something just to make money.

Right now, much of game development is under the control of people who view games no differently from ball bearings: income generating product, no more, no less.

While it works fine for ball bearings, it's not so great for games.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I finished Mass Effect 2 a couple of days ago, and I must admit I enjoyed every bit of it. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to keep everyone alive the first couple of tries, but eventually I realised what was wrong and quickly fixed it. I can't wait to import my character into Mass Effect 3.

Mass Effect 3.

Yeah, much better to end second game in a cliffhanger and then forget about the whole thing. Oh wait.

No, Monte, I generally think quite highly of you, but now you're just being obtuse.

Any character that can work in a sensible reason to break into a Gilbert & Sullivan song mid-game is totally going to be classed as well-written... :p

Samara and Thane do seem a touch..flat compared to some of the others. Although the dossier info in Lair of the Shadowbroker did add a certain depth to Samara.

I think their dullness is kind of emphasised by how chatty Samara's recruitment mission and Thane's loyalty are (nb. nothing against talky missions. They just seem to suffer from the Dragon Age verbal diarrhea conversation design. Mordin's loyalty is also quite talky, but I enjoy it immensely). And Samara and Thane both have Normandy 'talks' I can only describe as ponderous.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I don't think I can play Halo: Reach any more. The multiplayer is just too terrible. I was playing for vanity rewards, but there's just too much grind to get them.

You wouldn't design a single player FPS campaign where only one weapon was viable, why do they think it's okay for multiplayer? They've got entire modes dedicated to this fact of the game.

Imagine an RTS with only one unit. It's absurd. It's repetitive...

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

playing Blood Bowl: (got it for $10 on steam)

i love this game. Now they just need to make a Space Hulk like this and a Warhammer and a WH40k version and i could happily never buy another video game again (jk)

my one gripe: my old wargaming buddies dont play computer games, so they wont be getting this to play online with me :thumbsup:

my numba 2 gripe: it sounds like the new races won't be patched in and I will have to buy a whole nother game, which is ok I guess except im going to wait until its $10 also. I would pay full price but there are too many bugs and UI problems for me to want to pay $40.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Burned through Worms Reloaded in one day.

I think I'll try Amnesia: Dark Descent

Update on the latter.

Its scary. Has this slowly building atmosphere that creeps you out more and more the longer you play. All psychological stuff, none of those "zombie jumps out of the closet" tricks.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Burned through Worms Reloaded in one day.

I think I'll try Amnesia: Dark Descent

Update on the latter.

Its scary. Has this slowly building atmosphere that creeps you out more and more the longer you play. All psychological stuff, none of those "zombie jumps out of the closet" tricks.

Aww man, my favourite scene in Resident Evil is when a zombie jumps out of wardrobe after you read a funny diary next to it :)

Minecraft - Holy moly, the time just flies by. I finished up my crafting shop and turned off the game last night, and was shocked at how late it was.

Minecraft is the reason why I haven't bought Civ 5 yet, one addiction at a time is quite enough for me.

Edited by Slinky

Arkham Asylum. Though Batman is pretty much the lamest DC hero, game seems pretty good so far. Though I don't get why Batman needs to do the stealth shtick, if he's so badass that he can knock out any group of goons without effort.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Mass Effect 3.

WHy do something different when you can keep doing the same thing over and over and still make money hand over fist?

It's the Blizzard model. And well proven at this point.

Did I miss that Blizz started to produce shovelware on yearly basis like EA, or you are just talking nonsense? :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Arkham Asylum. Though Batman is pretty much the lamest DC hero, game seems pretty good so far. Though I don't get why Batman needs to do the stealth shtick, if he's so badass that he can knock out any group of goons without effort.

Because they sometimes hold guns.

Later on, when the goons have firearms, your best friend will be stealth.

Later on, when the goons have firearms, your best friend will be stealth.

Rich industrials trying to play superhero are better off as Iron Man, amirite?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.