Dragon Age 2

CoM_Solaufein

Not weird. Typical game. Some find ti really ahrd, others find it really easy.

More like typical forum posting, half the people who claim to have played the game are haters/fanboys who haven't.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

New screenshot.

It'd be nice if they listed the source so I could post an English link, but it's not like there's much to understand.

They're taking DA2 on a tour of Europe, and it's a more advanced build from what they've showed before, right?

I assume it's going to be the one that was at Eurogamer, at any rate. Coming to Finland in November, too. :lol:

Carrying over your progress from Dragon Age: Origins will create some changes in the world, but likely nothing dramatic. That
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Funny to expect meaningul consequences in a game that revives dead characters and assumes all Wardens agreed to the Dark Ritual.

So in DA3 Morrigan is likely to return with her little Bhaalspawn. If there is a canon story, they should just say so. :butthurt:

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

agreed. I don't understand what's the point in making all these small "alternative" plot lines, when there's always one that's gonna be considered "canon".

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Funny to expect meaningul consequences in a game that revives dead characters and assumes all Wardens agreed to the Dark Ritual.

Huh? It does? Since when?

I love it when people make stuff up. With Hunt definitely does not assume you agree to the Dark Ritual. There was even a bug where it assumed the exact opposite for excess cases. A bug I know of from personal experience, being rebuffed for a refusal it thought I made but had not.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I love it when people make stuff up. With Hunt definitely does not assume you agree to the Dark Ritual. There was even a bug where it assumed the exact opposite for excess cases. A bug I know of from personal experience, being rebuffed for a refusal it thought I made but had not.

Does Morrigan get pregnant without the Dark Ritual, then? Without the Dark Ritual, isn't there an ending where she becomes the advisor of the Empress of Orlais instead?

All I'm saying is, it's useless to have an ending where the Warden can sacrifice herself, when the story is clearly supposed to continue in an expansion & DLC (and most likely in DA3). It's like Mask of the Betrayer, which assumes that for some reason evil characters would always choose to defeat the King of Shadows rather than joining him.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

She can get pregnant without the dark ritual. But she doesn't necessarilly. Just because she doesn't end up advisor to Orlais doesn't mean there's only one ending option.

There's nothing "clearly supposed to" about it. Witch Hunt had only token connections to origins. It and Awakenings are fully playable with the Orlais warden replacement.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think this game will be as g
Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Nothing controversial about that, they just wrote down what they saw.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Oh, I made fun of DA:O before release ("Frostback Mountains?" Rofl), and I didn't shut up when the game was released, because it was a bland and uninspired game that I couldn't even bring myself to finish (got to the final battle at Denerim and quit out of boredom). I suppose the intro was decent.'

So you bashed it pre release it, but bought it anyways, played it to enar the end, then bashed it some more? LMAO Money well spent it.

"I think the first KotOR is probably their best release to this date."

No. Outside of probably Sonic, KOTOR was likely their worst game.

"Hawke’s pre-established character brings other limitations to Dragon Age 2 as well, such as a simplified character creation system. Hawke can be a man or a woman, but his classes are limited to only the generic ‘Warrior’, ‘Wizard’ or ‘Rogue’ and there’s no option to change his race; he has to be human."

I was reading the preview and shrugging my shoulders until this retarted gem. He says other limitationS but the only limitation mentioned is the fact Hawke has to be human. The fact he only has 3 classes is NOT new since that was true in DA1. L A M E

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nothing controversial about that, they just wrote down what they saw.

That's the first decent game preview I've seen in a while, for any game.

To keep the bs to a minimum: I wasn't going to play the game as it is. Now that its gone down the ME drain (so much for that "hardcore RPG successor to BGII garbage"), I'm twice as uninterested.

The protagonist in particular irritates me in the same way as Shepard did. Its like they make them look retarded on purpose.

PS: I'm glad someone noticed that the DA color palette is "s***** brown and gunmetal gray".

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I'll most likely buy it play it and enjoy it. :)

I did wish that Hawke had more creation options and was a silent protagonist, but that won't stop me from enjoying the game. I'm replaying ME2 now as a Vanguard and I'm having a whole lot of fun.

Just make the gameplay varied and interesting, present interesting choices and give me hints to the my Warden character and his allies and what the future of the world holds in store for them and Hawke.

Looking forward to it.

Hawke’s brother is quickly killed and things don’t get any better when the Archdemon appears on the scene…

what is this i don't even

The sequence of events described by bit-tech's preview are incorrect. He talks about things happening in weird orders, and is inferring things that the character is most definitely not saying.

There isn't even an archdemon in the demo. (I don't test content, but I did playthrough the demo. I don't even know if there's an archdemon in the game at all).

Edited by alanschu

As far as I know there isn't one.

Since I don't content test though and don't know the full inner workings of the story, I won't state definitively that there isn't one because if it turns out there is one then people rage at me.

The bit-tech review spent a lot of time talking about archdemons though for some reason.