Fallout: New Vegas

ugh, but Fallout 1 and 2 both were yellow. and it was cool. I actually missed it in F3 >_<

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The Pitt > Shady Sands.

The Pitt had absolutely fantastic atmosphere! The story and quests blew though:(

Agreed. The Pitt felt right, but eh, the content was well less than compelling. Not to mention the quantity of gameplay content was directly related to how long one scurried about the steelyard trying to collect all the ingots.

Still, as far as a location goes, The Pitt at least felt like it was somewhere where people were doing something.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The Pitt > Shady Sands.

The Pitt had absolutely fantastic atmosphere! The story and quests blew though:(

Agreed. The Pitt felt right, but eh, the content was well less than compelling. Not to mention the quantity of gameplay content was directly related to how long one scurried about the steelyard trying to collect all the ingots.

Still, as far as a location goes, The Pitt at least felt like it was somewhere where people were doing something.

I hated hunting for ingots until I got to the highest platform and saw the view from up there. It was absolutely fantastic, instantly reminding me of Necropolis. Very very Fallout. As the matter of fact, that's what I'll do tonight - go crawl around Pitt:)

I think the Pitt was really good in terms of atmosphere, and I mean *really* good. The approach is probably my favorite moment from Fallout 3. With better quests and writing it could've been really excellent. But even so I'd say it's the best thing from Fallout 3.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

So basically everyone on this board hated Fallout 3.. yet everyone bought the DLC's for it?

I liked Fallout 3. But not enough to buy any DLC.

I actually considered getting the DLC not that long ago, but since I couldn't find it in myself to bother completing a second playthrough, I felt it was a bad idea.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i liked fallout 3.

but it was no where near as good as fallout 1 (or 2) imo.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I liked Fallout 3, but didn't feel the DLCs were worth it. It's also a complete mess on the PC.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So basically everyone on this board hated Fallout 3.. yet everyone bought the DLC's for it?

I liked it enough to play one time through.

I just didn't love it enough to play through multiple times, or bother with the DLC for it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Interesting take on things there, mkreku. As usual.

I don't think anybody who posts in this thread hates FO3. But maybe we define hate differently.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Interesting take on things there, mkreku. As usual.

I don't think anybody who posts in this thread hates FO3. But maybe we define hate differently.

Oddly enough, I really enjoyed Fallout 3 and defend it frequently, but I've never bought any DLC. Of course, I really am not looking for a game to last me for a long stretch, I'm just happy if I can beat it in a month and move on.

Meh, still no news about the Collector's Edition in Europe...

They've confirmed that the Collector's Edition WILL be released in Europe, they're just working out the details with various countries.

I'll believe it when I see it + I'm pretty damn sure they are gonna price it way higher than the CE in USA...

Hate the living, love the dead.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:TrailerParkApe

Chris Avellone: The contract structure is private, and it always depends on the contract. We just want to make a great game, so we're focused on that, although the pre-order units were a bit of a surprise and definitely is causing pressure here. I'll say that FNV is a little more time-consuming than the original because you can take different routes through the critical path, so get ready for 3 to 4x the amount of replayability, which is pretty cool.
Edited by funcroc

Awesome. Of course, I expected nothing less from an Obsidian game. It's a bit scary that something they're basically unique in doing in the game industry is what I've come to expect from them. They've set the bar pretty high for themselves!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:TrailerParkApe
Chris Avellone: The contract structure is private, and it always depends on the contract. We just want to make a great game, so we're focused on that, although the pre-order units were a bit of a surprise and definitely is causing pressure here. I'll say that FNV is a little more time-consuming than the original because you can take different routes through the critical path, so get ready for 3 to 4x the amount of replayability, which is pretty cool.

Well, replayability/story are the main reasons I am getting this game. I'm hoping you can take different routes through side-quests as well.

Bit of a tangent question, but who where thinks NV will become a classic?

Not really specifically about Fallout, but the Denver Post has compiled a photo archive of pictures relating to the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Haunting stuff. You can see them here.

Nagasaki, before and after.

atomicbomb042sjpg950200.jpg

If I recall correctly, Nagasaki was actually the least efficient of the two bombs, given the geography of the area. Makes you wonder what an "optimal" blast would look like.

Edited by Pop

Pretty freaking horrible how everything is just...gone.

What I'm really wondering is the effect of something with the yield of Tsar Bomba would look like. Probably the same devastation but over a much larger distance, with a giant crater at the center.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"