Fallout: New Vegas

Almost no new info at all about New Vegas, but it's still fun to read a Feargus' interview and read his opinion about Fallout 2. It sounds like it had a REALLY painful development cycle, and still, in the end, even with all the bugs and the occasional slip-ups of the humor, it's my favorite of the series. :)

Almost no new info at all about New Vegas, but it's still fun to read a Feargus' interview and read his opinion about Fallout 2. It sounds like it had a REALLY painful development cycle, and still, in the end, even with all the bugs and the occasional slip-ups of the humor, it's my favorite of the series. :)

It's even more fun when you've heard a few audio interviews... you can almost hear him talk fast, even in writing :grin:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

In Hardcore Mode, both negatively affect your dehydration (H2O) meter but Nuka-Cola can help stave off sleep deprivation (SLP) a bit.

Even though I don't personally consider the soft drinks an important aspect of gameplay, I'm glad this amount of thought has gone into the details of hardcore mode. If HC mode is a big hit, it would be dang amusing if subsequent crpgs saw the return of food/drink/sleep as a game mechanic. Maybe next would be the return of boots and bedrolls.

Everything old is new again.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yeah, I can see the hardcore mode being a big hit :grin:

Extra annoyance/frustration/hassle doesn't exactly sound like a winning formula to me...

lol. Probably true.

I, however, being a glutton for fiddly bits and details will probably enjoy it.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yeah, I can see the hardcore mode being a big hit :grin:

Extra annoyance/frustration/hassle doesn't exactly sound like a winning formula to me...

You need more Kung Fu!

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Am I the only one who thinks this is an incredibly stupid marketing strategy?

It almost sounds like 'How to alienate your japanese fan 101'. I mean, first Bioware, now Bethesda and Obsidian too (I know that it probably wasn't Todd Howard or Feargus' idea, but still...)?

JRPGs with branching paths do exist, anyway. :grin:

Hey, it's about nuking an american city. I don't see why Japan would have any problem with that.

... sorry, that was awful. :grin:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

In Hardcore Mode, both negatively affect your dehydration (H2O) meter but Nuka-Cola can help stave off sleep deprivation (SLP) a bit.

Even though I don't personally consider the soft drinks an important aspect of gameplay, I'm glad this amount of thought has gone into the details of hardcore mode. If HC mode is a big hit, it would be dang amusing if subsequent crpgs saw the return of food/drink/sleep as a game mechanic. Maybe next would be the return of boots and bedrolls.

Everything old is new again.

Only as long as its an option. I for one will be glad to never see food/sleep/drink mechanics return to video games and will happily never use the "Hardcore" option in FONV

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I support options. Being able to tailor the experience you get from a game to your own preferences is great.

I support options. Being able to tailor the experience you get from a game to your own preferences is great.

Yup options are cool.

Unfortunately I think - for the most part - either one thing or another is probably a more likely case than options to tailor preferences. Which is okay, I don't need to play every game released.

Luckily FO:NV isn't that way. :x

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man