Music

Walsingham

Cant' stop listening to

. Richard Walker has the best sense for epic melodies of any songwriter I know. Great lyrics, too.

Under lakes of carrion pallor

Wherewith purity bore him done

Enthroned on thorns of brimstone fury

The thief of always anoints his brow

Beneath sombre forest funeral half-light

And moonsoaked spires of mighty oak

Titans march to summer's death-throes

Valour gilded hearts to overthrow...

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Well, I've learned 99% of Still Remains by Fates Warning (just need to figure out one little lead segment) in D standard tuning (though I have a nagging suspicion it's supposed to be in drop D, but that makes it harder to play). Problem is I don't have the endurance to make it through the entire 16 minute song.

Bah.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Crystal Castles - Pap Smear

...someone linked to

of some kid dancing in a Tokyo subway station to this song and the dancing was so 'music wants to make you dance' cool that I ended up liked the song by association. Sampling their other stuff via their MySpace page.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

We'll dare to go INTO THE FIRE!

****ing speed metal. This band was waaaaaaaaaay ahead of its time - I swear, the entirety of European power metal can be summed up as an unsuccessful attempt to emulate this album.

Edited by Oblarg

We'll dare to go INTO THE FIRE!

****ing speed metal. This band was waaaaaaaaaay ahead of its time - I swear, the entirety of European power metal can be summed up as an unsuccessful attempt to emulate this album.

Don't really care for the song that much but that has to be one of the best cover arts EVAH.

It's even better if you read the lyrics to the title track.

Though, while I'm posting classic speed metal, here's an underrated gem.

Edited by Oblarg

Legionnaire is one of their best, I find.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Legionnaire is one of their best, I find.

Yeah, Legionnaire is great. Transgressor is another good one.

I have to say I prefer Comeau's voice to Michaud's, though. Comeau sounds like Bruce Dickinson on steroids - ****ing awesome. The entirety of Master Control is top-tier USPM.

Right now listening to some Sabaton. Cheesy-ish music at times, but can't beat subject matter like Simo H

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Artillery - Time Has Come

**** this is heavy. Heaviest thrash I've heard in ages, and it doesn't go anywhere near groove metal.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to stop iTunes from reverting to sorting alphabetically at random intervals? I want my albums sorted by year, ffs.

"For the ladies yield, and the ships go down.. or wait, is that the other way around? Ah-Hah, For I am the Pirate-King!"

Some songs just stick to the mind and circle....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Doom metal:

Horrendous doesn't quite put it. :brows:

That's not even the worst song title on the album.

I've never really liked post-Walls of Jericho Helloween, regardless.

Edited by Oblarg

This is without a doubt the greatest thing youtube has ever contributed to mankind.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS