Games you are looking forward to.

Darque

So I found out that Georg Zoeller is working on The Old Republic. I loved his interaction with the Dragon Age community and I credit him with the fact that I love Dragon Age. So I now have to be looking forward to The Old Republic.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So I found out that Georg Zoeller is working on The Old Republic. I loved his interaction with the Dragon Age community and I credit him with the fact that I love Dragon Age. So I now have to be looking forward to The Old Republic.

I'm not a huge mmo fan, but I'm looking forward to see what happens with The Old Republic..

What I find amusing is that the ToR boards have some serious arguments going back and forth over things such as whether the game should let the pc's have custom lightsaber colors so that jedi could have red and sith could be using blue/green/whatever..

Internet arguments can really start up over some bizarre things..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm not a huge mmo fan, but I'm looking forward to see what happens with The Old Republic..

What I find amusing is that the ToR boards have some serious arguments going back and forth over things such as whether the game should let the pc's have custom lightsaber colors so that jedi could have red and sith could be using blue/green/whatever..

Internet arguments can really start up over some bizarre things..

Well, when you collide star wars with mmorpgs, you're going to get a lot of obsessive people in one place. :p

My list is basically now Deus Ex 3. I have New Vegas on preorder, but I'm not really sure what to expect - I'll be buying it, if for no other reason than to pay back a bit for the bandwidth etc. I'm using up on these forums. :shifty:

ToR is on the watch list, I don't think I'll buy into a MMORPG that requires me to boot into another OS, though. So I'll probably be waiting until the (IMHO inevitable) OS X client comes out.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

for all the crap I talk about bioware (which isnt actually that much other than about nwn oc) i have to say that I had a lot of fun with both dragon age and with mass effect 2, and I am greatly looking forward to both sequels

I couldnt be less interested in ToR though, but thats not really biowares fault, most mmo's have monthly fees

viva guild wars 2!

is it just me or does 2011 look a lot better for games than 2010? I remember last year everyone fussing about how many awesome games were coming out this year (and there have been some good ones, ME2, Red Dead, Starcraft 2... am i forgetting any others?) but next year looks just jam packed with good stuff (guild wars 2, deus ex 3, batman arkham asylum 2, Portal 2, Rage, Mass Effect 3, the last guardian, brink, possibly diablo 3 and starcraft 2:2)

i know new vegas and civ are both still coming this year, but that's about it for the rest of the year right? unless you care about halo or the treyarch CoD game...

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

New Vegas is pretty much the only game I'm looking forward to for the rest of 2010. I'm getting tired of the Call of Duty franchise, so Black Ops doesn't hold much appeal to me, and the rest of selection isn't what I'm looking for.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Entrerix: Guild Wars 2 doesn't have a release date yet, and considering Arenanet is made up of ex-Blizz people..

:shifty:

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I absolutely hate Gamebryo engine but I'm probably going to buy Fallout New Vegas right away (hopefully world aspect and storyline will carry the game over bad engine and subpar combat mechanics). While I have tons of unplayed games from last Steam holiday sales, unfortinately there ain't any CRPGs in that mix. That said, I'm still looking forward of next Steam holiday sales.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I'll only list 2010 titles.

Fallout: New Vegas

Arcania: Gothic 4

Two Worlds 2 (This can be good, believe!!!)

Torchlight (console verson)

Torchlight 2 (console version if it comes out before 2011)

Deathspank 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

Fable 3

Divinity 2 (including the expansion)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

These are my top 10 wanted games of this year, but there are many more I want. Unfortunately, my wallet does not approve.

Not alot really its been a fairly poor year... It started out good with ME2, but its been rather down hill.

F:NV and Vanquish, sure I'll be buying more games that those two, but those are the two I'm looing forwards to.

I'll buy Black Op's at some random poing, MoH aswell i imagine, hell even Halo : Reach...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

i was so dissapointed with halo 3 that I doubt I will get Reach. I have never liked a halo game but I bought all 3 because of the hype only to be let down time after time. I wouldnt say they are flat out bad games, but they have almost no replay value and the story sucks/is totally forgettable. the only things that are better than decent are the sound/music design and some of the smaller touches.

i've never bought one of the treyarch cod games, and I probably won't this year either unless it gets stellar reviews for its engaging and thrilling campaign.

vanquish... maybe when its in the bargain bin.

fable 2 was a pretty big disappointment at full price despite having some fun aspects to it, i'll pick up number 3 when its in the bargain bin as well.

the only games I know I will pay full price for during the rest of this year look to be Fallout New Vegas and Civ 5, IF (big IF) castlevania gets stellar reviews then I will buy it this year (but I am expecting it to be mediocre at best, the same can be said about Medal of Honor)

Not alot really its been a fairly poor year... It started out good with ME2, but its been rather down hill.

F:NV and Vanquish, sure I'll be buying more games that those two, but those are the two I'm looing forwards to.

I'll buy Black Op's at some random poing, MoH aswell i imagine, hell even Halo : Reach...

I'm happy to get two games that I absolutely love in one year, ME 2 & Red Dead Redemption.

In for the remainder of 2010 I'm looking forward to:

-Hydrophobia

-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

-Fallout: New Vegas

-Halo: Reach

-Call of Duty: Black Ops or Medal of Honor (haven't decided yet, will prob get one then get the other a few months later)

Other games I'm somewhat interested in but probably wont get on release:

-Splatterhouse

-F.E.A.R. 3

-Dead Rising 2

-Fable 3

Plenty of other games I've missed on release that I'd like to check out at some point too like the Lara Croft XBLA game and Alan Wake.

For some reason I find Nightshape looking forward to New Vegas more amusing than I should.

Anyway, this year, I think it's just New Vegas at this point.

Next year there's Deus Ex : Human Revolution.

There's also quite a big list of titles that I'm watching but I'm not quite sure what to think about.

Dead Rising 2, Fallout Vegas maybe...

Nothing else really. I'll probably pick up Alpha Protocol at some point. Just looking for something different. I'm going to install Planescape after I get back from a trip, so that will be cool since I've never played it before and it's supposed to be the ****. :)

How anyone could be looking forwards to Dead Rising 2 after the abomination that was Dead Rising is beyond me.

I often use Dead Rising as an excellent example of how to have a great idea, and f*** it up. The controls feel wrong, the progression is the worst I have ever seen, its a broken game with a single redeaming mechanic which is merely slaying zombies.

Edited by Nightshape

Dead Rising is one of the few games I've played to completion on the Xbox 360. Fantastic game.

I'm also looking forward to the sequel. Just hoping they haven't 'streamlined' it too much compared to the quirky original.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Dead Rising is one of the few games I've played to completion on the Xbox 360. Fantastic game.

I'm also looking forward to the sequel. Just hoping they haven't 'streamlined' it too much compared to the quirky original.

Surely you're aware of its many flaws! I admit the second to second is definately fun, but the boss AI coupled with awful controls, a terrible hour to hour, and ridiculious save mechanic spoil the experience.

I have high expectations for Two Worlds 2. No more cringe-worthy voice acting & forgettable story, and there's even talk about romances.

Also, I have high expectations for the Dragon Knight Saga & Gray Matter (if it is still released this year).

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Surely you're aware of its many flaws! I admit the second to second is definately fun, but the boss AI coupled with awful controls, a terrible hour to hour, and ridiculious save mechanic spoil the experience.

I'm really just looking for second to second fun out of most video games. I enjoyed Dead Rising too.

i loved dead rising and didnt think there were any problems with levelling up or the save system, the only thing i didnt like about it was that ****ing jeep in the courtyard that NEVER stayed dead

and the zombie clown...

**** that clown

How anyone could be looking forwards to Dead Rising 2 after the abomination that was Dead Rising is beyond me.

I often use Dead Rising as an excellent example of how to have a great idea, and f*** it up. The controls feel wrong, the progression is the worst I have ever seen, its a broken game with a single redeaming mechanic which is merely slaying zombies.

I didn't play the first one since I don't have a 360. The sequel comes out on PC/PS3 so I'll be able to see if it's fun like the other's have posted. The whole custom weapon thing has me interested.