What are you playing now?

Darque

You might have already done this, but have you tried using TurboPC to slow things down ? Quite strange to see that, it's run ok for me on my C2D system with no trouble.

EDIT : Whoops you solved it already

Yeah, and after Paris i had to quit and run the game without that parameter again because it was very slow. xDD

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Replaying Arma 2, and entering the villages still scare me more than any horrortitles there are. :p

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Started playing Heavy Rain.

This is something really really good. Possibly my personal GOTY.

Where's the game in Heavy Rain?

If you're looking for another twitchy action adventure, then look elsewhere.

I have no trouble with HR for what it is. I really like the production values and the well done characters.

What about the gaping plot holes and horrible voice acting?

the VO is better than some of the other VO's I've seen.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

the VO is better than some of the other VO's I've seen.

That means absolutely nothing.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Fallout 3. Found a mod that makes Clover look better.

I was thinking of installing NWN2, how does that play with Windows 7?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Has anyone played Mount & Blade:Warband? I loved the 1st one but is there much reason to buy the 2nd? The videos I've seen make it look pretty much the same (single-player/gameplay wise).

I finally bought Majesty 2. I kept forgetting all about it...BestBuy had (1) copy of it nestled between a bunch of other games. Going to try it out. Hope it's decent. I have the feeling I'll still prefer the original game tho...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Has anyone played Mount & Blade:Warband? I loved the 1st one but is there much reason to buy the 2nd? The videos I've seen make it look pretty much the same (single-player/gameplay wise).

I'm playing it, everything is basically a bit more refined. It was worth the upgrade for me.

I'm playing it, everything is basically a bit more refined. It was worth the upgrade for me.

I picked it up off Impulse and I have to agree with Hurlshot, it's worth the upgrade. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'm only in Chpater 17 right now, and I haven't noticed any plot holes yet.

The VO is absolutely excellent. Don't believe everything the haters say.

The only one of the voice actors who is good-ish is Madison, for whatever reason the developer didn't want to get professional voice actors and it shows. "Jason!" "JASON!"

As for the plot holes, TVtropes has a nice big list of them, for when you finish the game.

The only one of the voice actors who is good-ish is Madison, for whatever reason the developer didn't want to get professional voice actors and it shows. "Jason!" "JASON!"

As for the plot holes, TVtropes has a nice big list of them, for when you finish the game.

What do you expect? Ethan is just a normal family guy, not some Patrick Stewart. Madison otoh sounds more like your average chick.

I best liked the VO's of Scott Shelby and Norman Jayden. Norman the smart and gentle guy, and Scott the scruffy and somewhat tired guy. They nailed their characteristics completely.

I've started playing Rise of the Argonauts and it's quite a fun game, for a console port. It likes to crash now and then and has problems with controls that like to reset themselves in the middle of combat, but overall I'm pleasantly surprised. I followed this game during its development a couple of years ago but somehow forgot about it.

Though I wish the game wouldn't try so hard to be a RPG, when it's clearly an action game... combat is great fun but there's simply not enough of it. For every fight in the game there's probably 1 hour of talking... I finished a main quest hub that contained exactly six fights, and for the rest consisted of 2-3 hours of running around and listening to people speak. This game has more talking than Dragon Age.

But the companions one picks up during the game are surprisingly well-written, and have some excellent banter & commentary as well. I'm liking them better than the ones from Dragon Age. Music is quite fantastic as well... and the story at least doesn't completely and utterly rape Greek mythology, unlike God of War.

Only gripe is, as said above, some technical issues for which there doesn't appear to be a patch.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Wizardry VI : Bane of the Cosmic Forge.

Games are nice to us in this modern age, WIZ VI is cruel, and crude, but also charming.

post-24166-1273426944_thumb.jpg

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Actually this story rapes the Greek mythology as much if not more than GoW just in a different way.

I don't actually think it is possible to rape Greek mythology more than GoW has and does... It pretty much just takes some character concepts, and throws the rest away.

Civil war phase in Rome TW. Have to play this ridiculous counter punch strategy, they don't garrison, but instead have GIANT amounts of armies roaming around. Yay for wars of attrition.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It was different and I had quite a bit of fun with it. Of course I have the advantage of owning a PS3, along with other gear, so I don't have to think of reasons why I wouldn't want it even if I had the gear.

I tried it once, with Mass Effect, and walked home with what I needed to play it.

Related: Now playing Mass Effect 2. Third run. So far enjoy it more every time I play it.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I haven't noticed any plot holes yet.

They'll become aparent when you think about it.

HR is full of plot holes. You'd have to be either an idiot or ignorant to miss them.