I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

by contrast, Gromnir were not the least bit offended by da dlc ploys. am still baffled that some folks would be angered and insulted by the glowing exclamation mark. don't like... don't want? don't purchase. solution were simple... much as Gromnir ain't compelled to purchase kasumi or alternative appearance dlc for me2. sure, such stuff shows up on cerberus network scroll every time we play me2, but am not angered by such stuff. dunno... am just not understanding the vitriol that were resulting from the glowing exclamation mark.

actually, we thought the da dlc approach were kinda clever.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I haven't bought any Bio DLCs simply because the basic game + free DLC in DA:O and in ME2 was enough content to get me tired of the basic game mechanics. Don't get me wrong-- both the games were a lot of fun and well worth my money and time. But after playing each through once and then going back and experimenting a little with alternate characters/strategies, I got to the point where I decided that I'd have more fun doing something else.

I do agree somewhat with Gromnir, though-- Bio's DLC strategy (with much of it free to retail purchasers) was a very clever strategy for a developer to reduce the bite that used game sales take out of their bottom line. The in-game salesman in DA:O did feel a little 'pushy,' but I laughed it off rather than taking offense.

After the insult that was Pinnacle Station for ME1 Kasumi felt more than worth it at 7 bucks. Maybe that was EA's plan all along... release trash and every other DLC afterwards looks like fantastic content for it's price. ;)

That said, there is an actual story in Kasumi's Stolen Memory that is pretty good, a cool new location, some well done cutscenes and a new SMG to take out and into the main game.

by contrast, Gromnir were not the least bit offended by da dlc ploys. am still baffled that some folks would be angered and insulted by the glowing exclamation mark. don't like... don't want? don't purchase. solution were simple...

For me, it might originate from a severe dislike of spam and pushy marketing. As I saw it, the camp might as well have had a huge Coca-Cola ® statue with the title "Coca-Cola revives and sustains" (slogan from 1905). People aren't always rational in what triggers their likes and dislikes ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

One thing I am very curious about with this DLC is where the frak is David's junk?

http://kotaku.com/5512063/what-happened-to-davids-junk

Did Stanley keep in his sock drawl?

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

One thing I am very curious about with this DLC is where the frak is David's junk?

http://kotaku.com/5512063/what-happened-to-davids-junk

Did Stanley keep in his sock drawl?

"David's most famous asset has been lost."

well, one of 'em has. our recollection is that David's most famous assets is his hands. while the rest o' the David is matching real human proportions, the hands is overlarge. lower-body is also small compared to torso and head, but that were taking into account a human viewer viewing from below. (a prof we had also insisted that the eyes were not correctly rendered, but on the one occasion we had to see the genuine article we were not able to observe such a defect... though am guessing it cannot be seen unless one is at David's eye level.) hands... not junk.

HA! Good Fun!

ps please note that Gromnir knows very little 'bout art and we could be complete wrong... am just parroting what some prof told us in a lower division art history class at Cal.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

After the insult that was Pinnacle Station for ME1 Kasumi felt more than worth it at 7 bucks. Maybe that was EA's plan all along... release trash and every other DLC afterwards looks like fantastic content for it's price. ;)

That said, there is an actual story in Kasumi's Stolen Memory that is pretty good, a cool new location, some well done cutscenes and a new SMG to take out and into the main game.

What he said, on both accounts. Your past actions reflect on discussions in the mission and with Kasumi on the Normandy - something I didn't notice with Zaeed. Also being able to do these new missions post-completion was a really good idea.

7 $ is definitely on the high side for it, but since I got it for the minimum points purchase MS forces on me, I'm not really complaining. Mind you, I was quite happy with DAO:A, too - I guess it's that I'm not really a mass consumer of games, I think my record of new games for a year is ~6 so far, with 2 new ones and an expansion so far this year. :blink:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Just encountered Kasumi in my current playthrough. I like her already and I haven't even begun her mission. Sad to hear that all she does once on the Normandy is tell stories a la Zaeed. Maybe they'll both be full characters in ME3.

Also have to say it's easier to get back into ME2 after leaving it for awhile than it was to get back into DA. Maybe it's just my gaming preferences shifting away from swords and sorcery at long last. I'm not even really all that interested in Witcher 2 yet... and apart from that what else is there on the horizon? Diablo 3? Meh.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I've read that Kasumi's mission is approx 1 hour, maybe a bit longer. IIRC Zaeed's didn't take that long, but then I've also not done his mission yet on this playthrough. With Kasumi you also get a new weapon, among other things. Does this justify the price tag? Can't say, but I like her character so far, after just the initial conversation. Couldn't say the same for Zaeed, although I found him to be a useful squadmate on quite a few missions. Can't say yet how useful Kasumi will be. Gotta get her on the team first. But I don't mind that she's not free. If I end up not liking her I'll just say she lived up to her reputation as the galaxy's best thief. She stole my $7, heh.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Oh right. The flamethrower. I don't think I ever used it. I think with Kasumi you get a new SMG that's supposed to be pretty good.

There's also Biowares new concept of making "free" DLC as part of the whole "buy a legit copy and you get access to this on day one". It's a semi-effective way of approaching piracy and the second-hand game market.

Develop one sort of extensive DLC (ala Zaeed and Shale) specifically to coax people into buying the game first.. Then some months down the line release other similar versions for the cost of a couple of drinks from a cafe..

I think Kasumi's mission made a more interesting setup then Zaeed's. The whole "run around a factory on some jungle planet" was very similar to other areas within the game. While Kasumi's "mansion party break in" was something a bit more shiny and different from the rest of the game. :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

There's also Biowares new concept of making "free" DLC as part of the whole "buy a legit copy and you get access to this on day one". It's a semi-effective way of approaching piracy and the second-hand game market.

Develop one sort of extensive DLC (ala Zaeed and Shale) specifically to coax people into buying the game first.. Then some months down the line release other similar versions for the cost of a couple of drinks from a cafe..

I think Kasumi's mission made a more interesting setup then Zaeed's. The whole "run around a factory on some jungle planet" was very similar to other areas within the game. While Kasumi's "mansion party break in" was something a bit more shiny and different from the rest of the game. :shifty:

What he said, on all accounts. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Kasumi's mission was fun and worth a few bucks; Good tactical battles that would be, imho, pretty intense on hardcore or insanity. The SMG is a definite upgrade. Hope she returns in ME3 and that

the (implied sensitive) info stored in Okuda's graybox has consequences

I know I said I wouldn't buy Kasumi, but that was before I realized I already had more than half the points needed left over from a DA:O purchase. So I got it. The mission was fun, if combat intensive. The SMG is great for my SMG-using Engineer, and my FemShep now has a cool little black ****tail dress that she can slip into for "casual" attire back on the Normandy! Kasumi's skill set seems a bit thin for going on actual missions, though. Still, since I only paid a couple of bucks for it in the end, well worth it.

The downloadable characters are disappointing. The missions were fun, if short. 8 bucks for 45 minutes of content is not good value IMO. Especially since the characters aren't interactive on the Normandy.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Ouch, what's with the huge image?

Also that's basically just a human.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I was so disappointed when I couldn't see her face when i got her mask off. That is a nice picture, though I would expect Tali to look a little less human.

Commander Shepard = Commander Riker. All aliens he 'romanced' were made to look as human as possible.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

While patiently waiting for June 1st, I've been replaying ME2, this time as a renegade wherever possible. I've just visited the Citadel for the first time, and I gotta say some of the renegade dialogue options are pretty funny. Getting the discount from the souvenir shop and selling the krogan a "presidium" fish are tops.

One thing that stood out was the conversation with Anderson; where he mentions Ashley/Kaiden being on a classified mission for the alliance, and that he couldn't talk about it further as long as Shepard was working for Cerberus. Prior to this, he asks Shepard about working for Cerberus and he seems genuinely surprised that the Collectors are behind the colony attacks. It seems to me there's a contradiction here. Anderson shouldn't be surprised about the Collectors, unless he's lying to Shepard.

One thing that stood out was the conversation with Anderson; where he mentions Ashley/Kaiden being on a classified mission for the alliance, and that he couldn't talk about it further as long as Shepard was working for Cerberus. Prior to this, he asks Shepard about working for Cerberus and he seems genuinely surprised that the Collectors are behind the colony attacks. It seems to me there's a contradiction here. Anderson shouldn't be surprised about the Collectors, unless he's lying to Shepard.

From what I saw in it, I kind of gathered that to the galaxy at large, the Collectors are half mythical, kind of the Kaiser Sozhe of the Terminus Systems... Even Cerberus wasn't sure it was the Collector's behind it until Shep did his discovery run.. (okay, tIM seemed to know/guess, but he didn't have proof so wasn't saying anything until firm evidence was uncovered).

There was a brief bit where the Human Alliance actually thought Cerberus was behind the disapearancs... so, Anderson is being very careful around resurrected Shep.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

From what I saw in it, I kind of gathered that to the galaxy at large, the Collectors are half mythical, kind of the Kaiser Sozhe of the Terminus Systems... Even Cerberus wasn't sure it was the Collector's behind it until Shep did his discovery run.. (okay, tIM seemed to know/guess, but he didn't have proof so wasn't saying anything until firm evidence was uncovered).

There was a brief bit where the Human Alliance actually thought Cerberus was behind the disapearancs... so, Anderson is being very careful around resurrected Shep.

Right, I see what you're saying. TIM's suspicions were confirmed on Freedom's Progress. He slips the Alliance a little info about something happening on Horizon, Shepard may be involved. Alliance sends Ashley/Kaiden to check it out. Collectors attack. TIM tells Shepard, etc, etc.

Something still seems a little fishy to me, unless Anderson himself was on 'need-to-know' status.

I'm considering reloading an old save just prior to the Citadel visit, and then putting off that visit until after Horizon, just to see if the conversation plays out differently. Or does Horizon not happen until after you do the Citadel thing?