I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

Right, I see what you're saying. TIM's suspicions were confirmed on Freedom's Progress. He slips the Alliance a little info about something happening on Horizon, Shepard may be involved. Alliance sends Ashley/Kaiden to check it out. Collectors attack. TIM tells Shepard, etc, etc.

Something still seems a little fishy to me, unless Anderson himself was on 'need-to-know' status.

I'm considering reloading an old save just prior to the Citadel visit, and then putting off that visit until after Horizon, just to see if the conversation plays out differently. Or does Horizon not happen until after you do the Citadel thing?

Anderson and the Alliance just knew that human colonies out in the Terminus were going missing.. (there's a whole bunch of politics there as well, the human colonies that established themselves out in the Terminus were the people who wanted to get away from the Alliance and not be interfered with..). For various reasons, they suspected Cerberus as the force behind it.... Then tIM gave a few rumours about Shep and Horizon to manipulate Anderson into sending Ashley/Kaiden to look into it...

Yeah, once Horizon is done, and you've encountered Ashley/Kaiden you do get a few different dialogue lines when talking to Anderson at the Citadel.. but I can't remember off-hand if you have to check with the Citadel for possible Alliance backing before Horizon is doable or not... :) You might have to talk with Anderson and the Council first, then go to Horizon, then go back to anderson.. hm, its been a few months and my memory is going spotty on that...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ain't that just some fan made render? I hope Bioware is bit more creative with alien models then human with bad skin.

If they decide to reveal how a quarian looks like. Lot a things that could go wrong, from not being alien enough to being ugly. Plus BW listens to it's fans which in this case means more human looking alien.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Right, I see what you're saying. TIM's suspicions were confirmed on Freedom's Progress. He slips the Alliance a little info about something happening on Horizon, Shepard may be involved. Alliance sends Ashley/Kaiden to check it out. Collectors attack. TIM tells Shepard, etc, etc.

Something still seems a little fishy to me, unless Anderson himself was on 'need-to-know' status.

I'm considering reloading an old save just prior to the Citadel visit, and then putting off that visit until after Horizon, just to see if the conversation plays out differently. Or does Horizon not happen until after you do the Citadel thing?

Anderson and the Alliance just knew that human colonies out in the Terminus were going missing.. (there's a whole bunch of politics there as well, the human colonies that established themselves out in the Terminus were the people who wanted to get away from the Alliance and not be interfered with..). For various reasons, they suspected Cerberus as the force behind it.... Then tIM gave a few rumours about Shep and Horizon to manipulate Anderson into sending Ashley/Kaiden to look into it...

Yeah, once Horizon is done, and you've encountered Ashley/Kaiden you do get a few different dialogue lines when talking to Anderson at the Citadel.. but I can't remember off-hand if you have to check with the Citadel for possible Alliance backing before Horizon is doable or not... :thumbsup: You might have to talk with Anderson and the Council first, then go to Horizon, then go back to anderson.. hm, its been a few months and my memory is going spotty on that...

You don't have to go to the Citadel first. I went back to an old save and this time skipped the presidium meeting until after Horizon. Something is still a little odd about it. TIM says, immediately after the mission that he purposely let slip some info about Shep and Cerberus into Alliance channels. Anderson says, if you wait to talk to him until after Horizon, that when he approved Ashley/Kaidan's mission to Horizon he didn't even know Shepard was alive.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

• 3 weeks later...

While I'm currently glued to Red Dead Redemption, there is a new patch out for ME2 (atleast on the 360) that makes me VERY happy!

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/mass-effe...tch-speeds/2076

"According to Dtoid, the patch delivers a larger, faster scanning reticule and the planets themselves will rotate noticeably quicker. Nice"

Nice indeed, and about time if I do say so myself! :thumbsup:

While I'm currently glued to Red Dead Redemption, there is a new patch out for ME2 (atleast on the 360) that makes me VERY happy!

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/mass-effe...tch-speeds/2076

"According to Dtoid, the patch delivers a larger, faster scanning reticule and the planets themselves will rotate noticeably quicker. Nice"

Nice indeed, and about time if I do say so myself! :shifty:

Haven't played it post-patch, either, but it's also supposed to remove the annoying bug/issue where teammates overrode the ammo settings you'd put on them, with a couple of others I haven't really encountered.

There's also new "story-driven" DLC coming out in June.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That new 360 patch is supposed to be coming out for the PC sometime soon as well. The squad ammo fix will be nice, although turning off auto levelup for the squad and not assigning the 4th rank in ammo also worked. The planet scanning never bothered me after the first time I played the game, thanks to the save editor.

With this new story driven DLC, and the Kasumi DLC, and the Hammerhead DLC, I really hope Bio raises the level cap and gives us an extra bonus power or something. It's way too easy to hit level 30 well before the Omega 4 relay as it is.

I'd also like to be able to have EDI amass a crapload of data on the

37 million year-old derelict reaper while I'm collecting the IFF, then go back to the council, shove the data into that turian council dude's face and say, "dismiss this claim, buddy."

Although maybe that's one of the first things we get to do in ME3, after the

endgame scene of Joker giving Shepard a datapad with reaper imagery on it.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

That new 360 patch is supposed to be coming out for the PC sometime soon as well. The squad ammo fix will be nice, although turning off auto levelup for the squad and not assigning the 4th rank in ammo also worked.

Not on the x360 & squad ammo.

That new 360 patch is supposed to be coming out for the PC sometime soon as well. The squad ammo fix will be nice, although turning off auto levelup for the squad and not assigning the 4th rank in ammo also worked.

I see. The only time I ever seemed to run into that problem on the PC was with Grunt and auto levelup turned on. He'd max out incendiary ammo asap and pick squad ammo by default.

I see. The only time I ever seemed to run into that problem on the PC was with Grunt and auto levelup turned on. He'd max out incendiary ammo asap and pick squad ammo by default.

I had guys overrule Squad AP/Warp ammo with their lvl 2... whachamacallit anti-droid/shield armor against organics. A drag.

Never used auto levelup, never will!

Awesome news.

That said, as long as the movie is at least 'okay'; I'll be happy. I don't expect a classic movie just an acceptably entertaining one.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Cast Jason Statham (the thinking man's Vin Diesel) as Shepard, and I might actually become interested.

Please no, he is forever cursed by Uwe Boll.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Cast Jason Statham (the thinking man's Vin Diesel) as Shepard, and I might actually become interested.

You're kidding, right? Jason Statham is terrible. And speaks with the exact same monotone wheeze that Steven Seagal does. ALL THE TIME.

Hey, to throw in the odd idea... does a Mass Effect film have to be about Shephard and the Reapers?

Or would it be based more on the idea of Mass Effect as the Universe, rather then that specific story?

I seem to recall hearing some interview last year where Bioware talked about Mass Effect as a franchise and possibly doing other things set in the universe... Not just the action-shooter-rpg trilogy set around Shep...

Of course, I might be confused and memory hazey...... >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hey, to throw in the odd idea... does a Mass Effect film have to be about Shephard and the Reapers?

Or would it be based more on the idea of Mass Effect as the Universe, rather then that specific story?

I seem to recall hearing some interview last year where Bioware talked about Mass Effect as a franchise and possibly doing other things set in the universe... Not just the action-shooter-rpg trilogy set around Shep...

No you're right. The story-arc about Shepard and Reapers will be finished after the trilogy, and then they'll start a new story.

Could be good, but let's be honest : what sets Mass Effect universe apart?

Let's just hope they won't decide to do an Alpha Protocol movie if the game is successful...